Fortitude

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kristin's cheeks turned rosy pink and she replied with a shy chuckle. "I didn't want to tell you this, but I've already seen the Reverend a few times—once after you came to dinner at my apartment that one night."

"Well, I suppose that makes sense. Nel is the head chaplain of the college." Jude said. "I guess there were a few times during the semester when I'd forgotten you were still a student yourself."

"I had a pretty big crush on you for the longest time." Kristin continued. "I asked you all those things about your bible study group because I had hoped to find others who were like me." Now the gorgeous redhead stared down at her feet, trying to avoid eye contact with her lover. "I was afraid...I broke up with Roger. He—He didn't want to stop seeing me, but I didn't care. So after you left that night I waited until my next student teaching class met, and I went over to the chapel. And when I saw Reverend Kling, I asked to see her alone...for guidance."

Jude sucked in a sudden audibly sharp breath. Her eyes widened comically and she seemed to be trembling. "Nel, you never told me you—I mean I came to you because—"

Recalling that first time Kristin made love to Jude, the girl realized her poor choice of words. Reverend Kling looked absolutely mortified, and instantly tried to reassure her friend and congregant that nothing untoward happened between them.

"I assure you that Kristin came to me for spiritual guidance, Jude." The Reverend said. "She feels very strongly about you, and she struggled to reconcile those feelings with her faith." Now the Reverend offered the small wrapped package to Jude. "Here, take this. It's a gift for the both of you...from all of us." Reverend Kling referred to the ladies in their tight-knit group.

"That's very kind of you, but it's Kristin's day you know."

"As far as I'm concerned, the day belongs to both of you." The Reverend said. "It's nothing fancy; just something to help the two of you along on your journey as a committed couple. I believe that God has joined you together. Of course, if you decide you want to make things official..."

"I'm sure that we will when the time is right." Jude replied.

The butch woman slowly tore the wrapping away. There was a brand new leather-bound bible, and when she opened the inside cover, she saw a wonderful hand-written blessing from the Reverend along with well-wishes from each of the group members.

"I believe that each couple ought to have a family Bible," Reverend Kling said. "This one is yours—for both of you. I have a feeling that today is just the beginning of a long and loving relationship."

"Goodness, I don't know what to say..." Jude's voice trailed off. She turned and kissed Kristin on the cheek.

"You don't have to say anything." Reverend Kling replied.

The three of them started heading down a walkway towards the parking lot. By now, most of the graduates and their families had left, but a few small groups stuck around to talk and take pictures around the campus. As they walked, the butch woman started humming off-key, before singing: "Gonna take a sentimental journey...Gonna set my heart at ease...Gonna make a sentimental journey...To renew old memories..."

Kristin burst out in a fit of laughter and Reverend Kling rolled her eyes. "Jude, please...don't sing." The girl said.

"Maybe save your musical talents for church." The Reverend suggested.

Patience and quiet fortitude is a virtue best practiced in secret. It is a form of loving kindness that, when practiced, plants the seeds of trust and drives us towards achieving goals otherwise considered impossible to attain. Jude Horst discovered that in spite of everything she though she knew, the road was hard and riddled with adversity and small disappointments.

It seemed like it was only yesterday when the veteran gym teacher met this beautiful young college senior. She often wondered whether Kristin Bishoff was sent by God himself to test the limits of her patience. Luckily her resolve was never broken. Teachers are a tough bunch, and Jude Horst proved to be one of the toughest and most stubborn.

When fall rolled around, Kristin began her new job at Kent Junior High. From the very first day, the girl settled into her routine as a new gym teacher as smoothly as if an opening had been created just her size and all she had to do was fit into it. With Jude Horst's guidance, Kristin found that perfect balance between comrade and coach, and in the next few years, she proved to be one of the most popular teachers at Kent Junior High.

Although the two of them experienced occasional fights and ruts which threatened to drag them both down, their relationship has grown and blossomed. Just last month, they celebrated their third year as a couple. Jude discovered when she practiced patience, her virtues and good fortune multiplied. Would their relationship continue to last? Only time would tell. As it says in Corinthians: Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails.

Thank you for reading.