The Twelve Zenati Pt. 34

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It could still happen if he tried to make you do something that you have good reason to be traumatised about," Marcella shrugged and turned at the sound of a cart approaching the slightly out of the way beach house.

"That will be the food," Vivienne stood up with a hand to her mouth. "And I forgot to preheat the oven."

"No, you didn't," Marcella winked and quickly turned to put the oven on high to preheat, making the three women laugh as they went out to help carry the food inside.

"Sera!" Vivienne greeted in surprise. "I wasn't expecting you here. Let me help.

"Oh no, no, no," Sera warded Vivienne off. "You don't get to lift anything. My other two sisters-in-laws didn't have my other two brothers threaten me so they can help me carry things," she laughed.

"Ooh, that's possible? Do you take long-term, long-lasting threats? I would like to be immune from menial labour," Olivia giggled.

"Probably, Gen was always the meanest of the three of them. Probably because we are closest in age," she shook her head.

"Well, I'm happy to help," Marcella said, grabbing a crate and pulling it from the back of the cart before marching upstairs.

"Goodie, I'll get Gen onto that tomorrow," Olivia giggled and followed her sister's lead as Sera took the last bundle of food from the car and followed the women upstairs.

"Did you ask her yet?" Sera asked Olivia once the girls had taken seats at the dining table with dinners of alfredo chicken and bacon pasta and garlic bread.

"I was getting to it, but the baby Mama over there kept hi-jacking the conversation," Olivia complained.

"Oh, so you asked her then?" Sera inquired gently of Vivienne.

"Asked, demanded, it's such a fine line, but she knows she is responsible for the baby shower and that you will help her with the details," Vivienne said as if proud of herself that she had just gotten what she wanted from Marcella without an argument.

"That's great. I hope we can find time while we are all still here to talk about the details," Sera said enthusiastically, looking at Marcella, who was scowling at Vivienne, which only made her laugh. "Don't worry, it will be pretty painless, I promise. I'm more worried about the bride to be ever agreeing to any setting for the wedding. There's no rule that you have to have a big church wedding. He said he would marry you in the parking lot of McDonald's and order happy meals for the reception if that was what you wanted. He just needs to know what you want," Sera pushed.

"You can't blame her for being traumatised by the last time she was pushed to a church wedding," Marcella said. "But I do have an idea that might negate the trauma. I am pretty sure no one would agree to it, though," she said, looking as if prepared for them to all discard the idea before it was even out of her mouth.

"You do?" Olivia looked sceptical.

"Okay, so imagine the church, beach, property, the prettiest place you can think of to get married. Maybe a big sailboat and have a captain officiate?" Marcella started.

"Do you think we could do that? On a boat, I mean?" Olivia asked. "Would there still have to be an aisle?"

"It's your wedding, and by all account's Genesis is just happy to be the groom. He doesn't care where, how or why," Marcella laughed. "So, I say we make him and his best men walk up the aisle to you rather than the other way around. You can stand at the top with the priest or captain or whoever, and Genesis can come to you rather than make you walk up the aisle and freak out from the memories."

"I love that!" Sera enthused. "Let's do it! Gen won't care as long as she is there and ready to say I do, I promise. Oh, and I could be his flower girl!"

"It could work really well, and I have to admit I wouldn't mind watching Gideon lead Gen up the aisle," Vivienne chuckled.

"I never even considered that," Olivia blinked at Marcella. "Do you think we could?"

"There is no rule against it, especially if you opt for an outdoor wedding or a ship. It's not like you have to decide right now, though," Marcella said softly, unsure what to make about the enthusiasm and support for her idea's. She was so used to having to justify her thoughts that she wasn't sure what to do with this agreement.

"But if I don't have to walk up the aisle, we could have it at Gen's family chapel like he wanted, maybe?" she asked.

"I don't see why not, and you've got nothing to lose by asking the question. Sera could even do that for you, so it could be a surprise for Genesis when you decide if you like. We could go and check it out and make sure it's not too much for you to cope with on the day. We would also have different flowers and decorations, all of that stuff to make it as different as possible to all those horrific memories of the wedding with Remington," Marcella said, not shying away from the subject as she guessed most others would be.

"Sure, we could do that tomorrow. The chapel is here on this property," Sera offered. "I even think Father Benedict is still at the gathering to ask."

"Wow," Olivia shook her head. "Just like that, you came up with a plan of action. Of all the shit we have both had to overcome in our lives, this seems almost trivial in comparison. Especially now that you are here talking to me about how to overcome yet another hurdle with something as simple as changing positions or flowers and music," Olivia said quietly. "But that's the point, isn't it? We survived because of you. You always manage to save me even from myself," she reached over and grabbed her sister hugging her tightly. "Don't leave me again, please," she whispered fiercely into Marcella's ear, surprising her sister.

"Amazing now do me," Vivienne interrupted the moment seeing Marcella's face cloud over with whatever Olivia whispered. "I don't want to find out the sex of the baby, but Sera says everyone finds out now, and it's fun to do the gender reveal as part of the baby shower, so the Daddy feels included," Vivienne explained.

"Fuck Gideon! He had the fun of putting that baby in you. You have to carry it and push that bowling ball out on your own. At this point, his rights are limited to ensuring your comfort and happiness while you cart around his little ninja who is practising parkour with your internal organs," Marcella laughed sadly. She mightn't be able to have kids herself, but that only made her more determined to protect Vivienne's right to have hers the way she wanted. "Sera, your job is to back up the mother-to-be not put extra pressure on her even if the father is your brother."

"I get it," Sera said as if surrendering. "I was just giving Vivienne all her options and speak of the devils," she tilted her head. "That will be my brother's, so I should go," she said, getting up and gathering the debris of all she had brought with her.

"I know what you were doing tonight, and while I appreciate it, you can make your own decisions without me, Vivienne. You are a brilliant and capable woman and I am not that fragile that you have to keep me busy and engaged," Marcella warned Vivienne, including Olivia in her scowl but to a lesser extent.

"You, Marcie, are the best friend I have ever had aside from my brother. Pardon me if I want you to help me plan this and be excited for and with me," Vivienne said, her eyes tearing up as she too took Marcella by surprise, hugging her fiercely. "It's all pretty scary, if I am honest," she whispered. "Giving birth."

"Okay," Marcella said, feeling the ache of held back tears press on her eyes. "I'm here for you, whatever you need, okay?"

"I just need to know your close by so we can have nights like this when the boys have to go to family things. So I want to come over or call you and tell you good, bad, scary and exciting things. When I found out I was pregnant, I only wanted to tell you, aside from Gideon. Well, you and my brother," she admitted.

"Okay," Marcella said again, feeling her throat tighten. No one had even been close to scolding or berating her tonight. Instead, they had carried on with life, as usual, expecting her to weigh in on the most important issues in their lives because they wanted her in their lives. It was becoming overwhelming for her to accept that this easy friendship and sisterly love could be hers if she could trust that it was real.

"Seraphina, what did you do?" Gideon rumbled, seeing his wife's misty eyes as Sera packed up the last of the meal around her.

"Nothing! I did nothing. Marcie fixed everyone's problems with no help from me. But I will say that it looks like Gen will get his fantasy wedding if our new plans work out the way we want," she said, a little pleased with herself.

"So much for that secret surprise," Olivia groaned.

"Oh shit, sorry!" Sera immediately put a hand to her mouth. "It's just such a great idea that I'm excited."

"You organised my fantasy wedding?" Genesis asked Marcella with a raised eyebrow and a half-grin.

"Not even close," Marcella gave a strange half laugh half choking sound as her throat constricted even more.

"Liar," Sera accused, but I won't say anything else except that Gideon should be afraid of the advice she gave Vivienne," Sera let out a peal of laughter and disappeared through the door calling out. "I'll see you all tomorrow."

"She's not invited to any more meetings," Marcella grumbled and looked at Gideon, straightening her shoulders. "Look, big guy. You had all the fun putting that baby in your wife's belly, so now your only job is to make sure she is happy and healthy. It's as simple as that. If she doesn't want to find out the gender of the baby early, then don't find out! It's not rocket science. She is always right!" Marcella let her irritation push her overwhelmed emotions aside. There was a moment of silence as everyone looked at her then Gideon burst out in a roar of laughter.

"It is so good to have you back, Marcie," he said and wrapped his big arms around her in a bear hug, lifting her from her feet. "I promise you that her happiness will be my every thought from this point on," he grinned as he let her go.

"So, do you have advice for me too?" Genesis eyed his soon to be sister-in-law.

"Not advice but, what size shoe do you take? We may have to get pumps specially made to match your gown for the wedding, and that could take a while and affect our timeline," Marcella said with a perfectly straight face making everyone go silent and stare at her before Olivia couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing.

"Oh my god, your face," Olivia giggled. She curled against Genesis side and continued to laugh as he eyed Marcella.

"Eleven, and I look much better in Ivory than stark white," he said equally seriously, ignoring Olivia. "As long you get her to the priest on time, I don't care what I wear or where it is."

"Told you," Vivienne said in a childish sing-song voice to Olivia.

"This is great, but you all need to get the fuck out of my house. It's late, and there are things I need Marcie to fix for me," Noah chuckled.

"Ick! Too much information," Olivia wrinkled her nose.

"Let's go. They are here and safe now, so we can see them whenever we want," Genesis smiled, picking up Olivia and heading for the stairs.

"I'm tired," Vivienne admitted, and Gideon followed his youngest brother out the door.

Noah held Marcella to his side as they stood on the deck and watched their brothers and sisters drive away. She felt stiff, and he could see that she was having trouble keeping her emotions under control while the others were there. He just wasn't sure if it would be anger or anxiety that he would face when he probed.

"So that went well, it seems," he said gently.

"Yeah," she shrugged. "Did you manage to eat something?" she asked.

"Mmhmm," he nodded and took her hand. "But not what I was craving," he led her into the bedroom again, knowing there would be plenty of time for them to talk.