Sugar Plum Fairy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ladies and Gentlemen?" I said loudly. "Pray silence for the Bride's father."

Mr Owens started quietly but after the first couple of sentences he spoke louder and very clearly. He delivered a perfectly conventional speech, emphasising his love for his daughter, his welcome to his new son-in-law, and ending with the toast to the Bride and Groom. As soon as the toast was drunk, everyone except his Mother-in-Law clapped and cheered. Sonja, Janet and Mrs Owens were crying tears of joy.

Brian hugged Sonja. I hugged Janet. Mr Owens hugged his wife.

After that, the other speeches were an anticlimax. As everyone was milling around at the end Brian shook my hand. Sugar-Plum Sonja kissed me. Mr and Mrs Owens thanked me for being Uncle Stuart. I promised to send the wedding photos by email and arrange for printing them.

The Bride and Groom drove away in Brian's car. I took more photos of their departure. Mary took the Bride's parents and grandmothers home.

Janet and I were the only people left. Janet finally apologised to me.

"I shouldn't have accused you." She said.

"No. You shouldn't." Julie interrupted as she was clearing the room. "Colin didn't deserve that. He's been brilliant, hasn't he?"

"Yes. He has. I don't need another friend to tell me that. Thank you, Colin. Thank you too, Julie. I'd never have forgiven himself if I'd hit Colin."

"I wouldn't have forgiven you either, Janet," Julie said. "But you didn't, and you didn't mean to. If you had really wanted to hit Colin, my hand wouldn't have stopped you. Remember? I'm the petite blonde once seen holding Colin's hand, not the large Amazon hugging him now."

"It doesn't matter," I said. "You were stressed. Your father was upset but came through when it mattered. Forget it. Brian and Sonja are married. The next event is..."

"Oh shit!" Janet said suddenly. "Sonja's suitcase in case she goes into labour. I left it at the Registry Office!"

"You did. But acting Uncle Stuart retrieved it. Brian and Sonja have it now."

"Go away, you two," Julie said. "I want to finish clearing up. What you two lovebirds need is time alone together. Go!"

"Thank you, Julie," I said, lifting her hand and kissing it. "We're going."

"Not without a hug for Julie," Janet said. "Go on. Hug her. She deserves it."

The three of us hugged together before I led Janet out to the car park. We had the evening before us to get to know each other better, and weeks and months ahead of us.

The End.