All Comments on 'Sugar Plum Fairy'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Storm113Storm113over 9 years ago
Needs More

I liked this story. Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Good

Good story well written , but who'd want a horrible "C" who would jump on you and accuse you of feeding an alky liquor out of the blue. Of course this was after half accusing him of banging the other friend . Clues for Colin about his future with a distrusting hag. Good bye Janet you are the stupidest link ... :):):).

**** 1/2

SpankerSamSpankerSamover 9 years ago
A WONDERFUL STORY

I needed to write and tell you that this is one of the best stories I have read on this site. It was loving and touching in so many ways. There was no need for sex. It was a well needed read. Thank you.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
A very pleasant tale

I feel I got to know the family quite well. What did Sonja have and when? Was it before Christmas? Has Colin ended up with Janet? (Or Julie?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tears

I gave up on the story when the third (or was it the fourth?) woman began crying in his arms. I figured if I kept reading I'd be the one to break down in tears! Otherwise well written and the slow development is fine, but don't keep relying on the same device.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Engaging story....

O, another of your heartwarming creations. Interesting characters acting in character. Well, except for Colin. Just a tiny bit too perfect?

Colin is the example of manhood we all aspire too and wish we could achieve. He started out realistic, then beatitude and finally sainthood. Surprised his presence didn't turn the softdrinks into wine.

As for annoyingmousie, you mustn't judge fictional women and especially not Real Life women by the vinyl blowup doll you live with. Your adolescent delusions of superiority are very tedious for the rest of us to endure.

Real people make mistakes, honest people attempt to rectify their errors of bad judgement.

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing with us.

gravyruggravyrugover 9 years ago
Can't bring myself to vote on this one

until you finish it. There's far more to this story, you've only just gotten it properly started.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
hmmm

I think I'll have a cup of coffee. Followed by another cup of coffee. After which I will have at least one more cup of coffee. And then . . . . .

this story, brought to you by the association of coffee roasters international.

oggbashanoggbashanover 9 years agoAuthor
Coffee? Rest of story?

After rereading my story I have to agree with rightbank's comment about coffee. It is a valid criticism. They should drink tea sometimes. I could have had them drink more alcohol but I wanted the alcohol to be reserved as a plot device.

As for the story being incomplete? I wrote how Colin and Janet met as a story in the Romance category. I could have gone on and on for many Lit pages to develop their story but what I have written can be described in the words of Winston Churchill as "It is the end of the beginning".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good one.

I'm waiting for Paul Harvey to say, "And now, the rest of the story!"

I think you picked a good stopping point if there is no more of this story to follow. But it seemed to me to be a first chapter to a longer story.

WatcherRobWatcherRobover 9 years ago
Bored

It was a lovely story but I got bored about half way page 2. Didn't bother finishing.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
nice except

I find myself agreeing with the first anon. comment.

Janet seems too unstable for a long term relationship.

To fly off the handle accusing Colin of giving her father alcohol like that is not a good indicator for them having a future together.

Why would she even think that?

He went far beyond what a friend of his sister could reasonably expect.

How long would her friendship with his sister last if she hit him?

WilCox49WilCox49about 6 years ago
Excellent story

I have to second what SpankerSam said (and also rightbank about the coffee).

I'm also a little concerned about Janet's tendency to jump to conclusions and make accusations. OTOH, she doesn't really know Colin as well as she should. And she's had an outrageously stressful week, starting with losing Sonja at the party. Her last lines suggest that things may work out.

I do rather disagree with those who thinks more needs to be written. More could be, but this tells the story it set out to tell. "Of making many books there is no end."

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Left me wanting more

I'd agree that this is a good stopping place, but it did feel like the first chapter of a story rather than one complete in and of itself.

There's enough foreshadowed conflict that I wouldn't expect the path of their love to run smooth (and a happy ending not guaranteed), so this left me wanting to see more of their journey.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great, great story. Loved it. AAAAAA+++++

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...