A Haunting on Water Garden Island

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Even if we could, then what? Have this thing follow us back to our homes? To our lives? It's clearly attached itself to us and it's been getting stronger. If we don't stop it now, who knows what it will do to us."

"To us? US? Maybe it will just do something to you. We didn't do anything." Jim yelled.

"Didn't you? I know you've been eying Julie like a piece of meat since we got here. Saw it on your face the second you got here. And you Paul, I heard what you were doing in your room earlier with her."

"This is bull shit!" Paul shouted. "I didn't do anything!"

"Why the fuck did you pee in the goddamned fire and taunt it anyway? This whole thing is your fault?" Kelly screamed.

"My fault? I wasn't the one who stripped down to her puss 'n boobs and got off in a spring with some other guy!" He said letting out his frustration.

"Guys, guys! This won't solve the problem. Don't you see? We'll be screaming at each other for the rest of our lives if we don't end this now." I added.

Paul relented. "What does your stupid book say to do anyway?"

"I haven't gotten that far, but I have a feeling it will be weird and unpleasant. We all need to agree that before we start whatever this book says to do, that we promise to finish and not give up in the middle. No matter what."

Those words hung heavy in the air as everyone sat silently, contemplating the severity of the situation.

Slowly the nods came. The mood was somber. There was nothing else to do.

"Very well then. Let's begin. Laurie, I saw some candles in the corner, please place them around us and light them." I said calmly.

"Does the book say to do that?" She asked hesitantly.

"No, but with the storm, there's no guarantee the power will stay on. I don't want to be caught in the middle of this with my pants down. So to speak."

There were grumbles at that poorly timed joke, but she complied.

The flames flickered around us as I opened the book. The first few pages had changed completely from the last time I opened it. There were detailed sketches of erections, breasts, and vaginas dripping with cum.

"Charming." Laurie said.

"Wait, no way." Kelly said softly.

"What?" Paul said concerned. "No way, what?"

"Look at that one there." She pointed to a beautiful labia complete with detailed shading for a very realistic looking depth of the folds.

"What about it?" I asked seriously.

"It's mine. That's my..." She gulped. "That's my fucking vulva."

"Impossible." Jim said not really believing any of this. "How can you tell? I've seen a million pussies, and I couldn't pick one out from a lineup."

"Ouch!" Laurie said, slapping her boyfriend. "Offend much?"

"I didn't mean that, I just meant it's impossible to know that's hers. It could be anyone's."

"No, no it couldn't." Kelly said. "It's mine. You just have to trust me..." she stopped mid-sentence with a soft gasp.

I was tracing the outline of the lips on the page with my finger, making my way up to the clit when I heard Kelly moan.

"Fuck, I can actually feel that." She let out a deep breath as I gave it one more soft stroke.

My fingers felt a strange sense of dampness coming from the dry page. Curiously, I gently raised the fingers to my nose and inhaled. I nodded my confirmation, noting the intimate, intoxicating scent. I held my two fingers out and Jim inhaled.

"How is that possible?" He asked and grabbed my wrist pulling my hand in closer for a deeper whiff. He let out a powerful sigh with a subtle smile.

"Quit smelling my girlfriend's pussy!" Paul shouted.

"Boys, calm down." Kelly was still coming down from the sensation and looked slightly amused at all the attention her intimate spot was getting. "I think this proves whatever is going on here is real. We've all experienced it in some way."

"And I have a feeling it's going to get much weirder than that." I added.

"Are you saying my pussy smells weird?" Kelly joked and we all shot her an annoyed look. "Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood."

"Are we ready?" I asked eying them individually, and one by one they nodded their commitment.

"Then let's begin." I slowly turned the page as we all took a deep breath.

The text stated in beautiful calligraphy:

To overcome what has been done, Secrets must be none. Your deepest thoughts of one another, Your hidden fantasies you must uncover. When you've said your true desire, Only then the flames grow higher.

"Uhhh...what?" Jim called out. "What are we supposed to do with that?"

"I think it's pretty obvious. Tell a secret or a desire you've had." I explained.

"That's easy. I'll go first. I secretly wanted to have anal sex with Kelly this weekend. It didn't happen by the way." Paul called out obnoxiously.

We all looked around and nothing happened. "I don't think that really counts. You mention that in almost every conversation. It's not much of a secret." The group chuckled a little at that.

"I've got one." Julie said softly. We all turned a bit surprised. She had been the most quiet this whole time.

"Good, the floor is yours." I said wondering what she might say.

"I came here to..." she paused awkwardly and looked at the floor. "To lose my virginity."

"What? You're a virgin?" I asked finding that hard to believe in this day and age.

She nodded. "And when Paul played his hairy monster prank, I actually was a little excited. I told you I didn't remember touching it, but I did. I was excited to see what a penis felt like." She said now mostly embarrassed.

The room grew slightly brighter from the growing flames on the candles surrounding us. "Holy shit it's working." Paul said, forgetting completely that she just admitted she was excited to touch his penis. And that his was the first one she ever touched.

I nodded. "It looks like that's the kind of secret we need to share. Thank you for your honesty." It was hard to say that, but we had to get over our petty emotions and jealousies. "Who's next?"

"It's my turn." Jim said, "I can't even believe I'm going to say this."

"This is a safe zone." I reassured him. They all gave me a funny look. "Okay, maybe judgement free zone is more accurate. Let's hope we stay safe as well."

Jim nodded, "When I first saw Julie she reminded me of an ex of mine."

"That's it?" Paul said mockingly. You said you've seen a million pussies and Julie reminds you of one of the girls you used to date? Big fucking deal. I thought we established these need to be serious secrets. Not just stupid stuff." Paul was clearly frustrated.

"Easy there, Paul. Let him finish." I said trying to ease the situation.

"I probably have seen a million pussies. Probably more." Jim said softly.

"Gross, I don't want to know that." Laurie said.

"But not from girls I've dated. Just porn. I've watched more porn than any one person should probably ever see in a lifetime." He said clearly embarrassed and ashamed.

"That's the magic of the internet, baby!" Paul, the smartass, chimed in.

"That's not funny, dick." Kelly said, appreciating his honesty.

"Truth is I've only dated one girl before you Laurie. And she kind of broke my heart. I thought I was over it, but when I saw Julie...it all came flooding back. There are still some deep wounds there."

The group looked at him silently. Stunned by how serious he turned.

"That's it. Fuck you all." He added trying to appear tough as the flames grew even higher around us

"Thank you for sharing, Jim. That sounds painful." I said sympathetically.

"Alright, enough of this Dr. Phil bullshit. Someone say something juicy." Paul said.

"Screw you. What's your big secret? You want anal? Who doesn't?" Jim added, now back to his tough-guy self.

"Alright, fine. But this shit stays here, you understand me?"

"I think we're past that, Paul. What is it?" I encouraged him.

He shook his head as if psyching himself up for what he was about to reveal. "You guys know how I went away to private school the last year of high school?"

Those of us who knew him, nodded that we did.

"Do any of you know why?" He asked.

"Rumor had it you got caught with a prostitute and your parents wanted you to be under constant surveillance. You were a legend!"

"I started that rumor. Pretty sure at this point you know that's not true." Paul said.

We were dying for him to continue. "What did you do?"

"I did get busted for trying to have sex...but it wasn't with a prostitute." He paused, regaining his composure. "It was with my sister."

"Oh my god." "Jesus." The group seemed to mutter these things softly.

"It was probably the lowest point of my life. I needed help and clung to whoever was around. Obviously I didn't know how to deal with my feelings and, and...I tried to have sex with her."

You could see the brightened faces, from the giant flames around us.

"Then what? Don't stop there!" I found myself calling out.

"The flames already went higher. My turn is done." He said.

We stared at him blankly.

"Fine, whatever. I tried to kiss her. I tried to do a lot more than that and she screamed for my dad and he stopped me before anything happened. I was sent away. Doesn't really matter. I got help and worked it out over several years, but it's my most embarrassing secret I have. Now everyone shut the fuck up and someone else go!"

It was a mix of chuckles and contemplation. I wondered how Kelly felt about that.

"Thanks, Paul. If we make it out of here, it might be because of you."

He flipped me the bird and a disgusted look. I couldn't help but smile despite the insane situation.

"Who's next? Laurie, I don't think we've heard from you." I said hoping to prolong the time I had until my turn.

She shook her head almost violently. "No. Please someone else."

"We'll all have to go eventually." I reminded her. "How about I go this time, and then you can go next?"

She still looked scared but didn't resist the idea.

I took a deep breath. This was much harder than it looked now that I actually had to do it. "I think...I think one of you gave me head on this trip."

The group looked more confused than alarmed. "From Julie?"

I shook my head. "No, not Julie."

"You already mentioned you thought you got head from that ghost thing. I thought we have been through this. Must be something new." Paul added.

"I'm not talking about that." I looked around the room and focused on one person in particular. "Laurie. You gave me head earlier today."

She shook her head side to side. "No I didn't. No I didn't!"

I went to pee and headed into the basement bathroom. It was dark and lights weren't working. I just wanted to pee and go back to bed. I walked up to the toilet with my dick out and I felt this warm sensation. I thought it was that thing again just like the last night, and convinced myself it wasn't real. Over and over I said that and let it finish me off and swallow my..."

"We get it, but go on..." Kelly added.

"After it swallowed, I assumed that was it. But then you got up and the lights came back on and I saw you go back to your room. It was you."

She shook her head.

"Sounds more like the ghost to me." Jim said not wanting to believe it. "How do you know it wasn't the ghost?"

"The ghost disappeared the other times. Laurie never disappeared. I watched her walk into her room and then I heard you guys fooled around after that. I'm sorry...to the both of you. I didn't know it was real." I said with a heartfelt confession and the flames rose. I did it; I shared something deep enough to appease the ghost.

My immediate sense of relief was overturned by guilt. I saw how awful Julie felt, looking at me, her new boyfriend who just admitted to getting head from someone else. I saw the look on Jim's face who wanted to kill me. And worst of all, I saw the torn look of Laurie. I felt for her most of all.

"I'm so sorry Laurie. This is probably the worst time to say this, but it's your turn." I hated myself in that moment but had no choice. We needed to move on.

She was speechless. Her mouth opened as if she was ready to say something, but then closed it again.

"It's alright, babe. I don't blame you for what he did." He said giving me an evil look. "He's a fucking pervert."

"Harsh words from someone who wants to fuck my girlfriend because she looks like your ex."

"Doesn't mean I did anything, you throat fucker."

"Easy, guy. I was just trying to take a piss and got a blowjob. Don't shoot the pisser."

"You are so fucking dead."

"Stop! STOOPPPPP!!!" Laurie shouted.

"It wasn't his fault. It was mine."

The group quietly looked at Laurie.

"It was my fault. I was half asleep, but that's no excuse. I remember it happening." She paused and added, "I knew it wasn't Jim's dick, but I couldn't stop myself. I don't know what came over me, but I wanted nothing in the world more at that moment than to suck on it. I don't know how to explain it."

The flames rose and that made everyone calm down.

"I know you want to kill me, Jim. That's fine. If we make out of here alive. You can kill me then." I said.

"Whatever. This whole thing is fucked up. What's next?" Jim asked nearly giving up.

"We haven't heard from Kelly. Can't turn the page until she shares." Our eyes focused on her and she squirmed.

"I'm really sorry guys, but I don't have any crazy secrets. You already know about the weird natural spring situation, which I don't remember happening. We mentioned that I masturbated this morning. I do that most mornings. Some evenings too..." she looked around jokingly. "See no flames. I don't know what to tell you."

We were all silent. I suppose we couldn't force her to have some deep, dark secret. But my mind kept churning and something about her story just wasn't adding up.

"Humor me. Let's go back to our run one more time, step by step to see if we missed anything." I said still trying to figure where my thoughts were taking me. "I told you about my crazy dream with that ghost blowing me the first night. You remember that much."

She nodded. "Yes, so?"

"And then you asked if I was feeling okay."

She nodded. "And then you blamed it on the fresh air."

"So you farted." I said plainly, not meaning for it to be a joke but the group laughed.

"Are you still on that? Jeez, yes I farted as a joke." She mockingly said it louder. "I Kelly, a girl, farted! Let the flames rise up!" She laughed noting the lack of change in the flames. "Guess my gas isn't a secret either."

"Are you done? That wasn't my point of retracing our steps." I said a little irritated.

"Yes, sorry. Go on." She blushed.

"You said it was the last thing you remembered, and that we went back here after it happened. Correct?"

"Yes, that's all I can remember from it."

"But my bigger question is, how did we even end up there?"

"I don't know. Must have been at the end of the trail." She said more confused than ever. "How the hell should I know? I told you I don't remember what happened."

"I get that, but there were several trails to choose from. What made you pick the one we were on? The only one that led to that natural spring?"

She paused. "I, I.." her mouth closed. "I really don't know. Maybe that stupid ghost made me choose that path? I don't fucking know. Can we move on? I feel like I've told you everything about me. You already know I masturbate a lot. I watch porn from time to time, not to the extent of Jim, but still a lot. I watch guy and girl stuff, gang bang scenes, lesbian stuff not because I'm bi, but because it just looks fun."

She glanced at Paul. "I saw my brother naked as a kid. I thought it was kind of a turn on in a weird way, but I never wanted to have sex with him."

Turning her gaze to Julie, "I'm no virgin but I did imagine having sex at this cabin. Maybe even with more people than just Paul, but it was just a fantasy." She said as her breath sped up. "As far as I can remember I didn't give head to anyone, other than Paul. And I thought it was fucking hot when you all saw the sketch of my pussy in that book. Weird as hell, but hot nonetheless."

She was nearly panting now from talking so fast. "I think I've had almost all the same thoughts, fears and fantasies as all of you. I just don't think it's a big deal. I'm more open about it I guess, which is why I don't have any crazy secrets." She looked empowered and exhausted from the speech.

"I guess that's fair." I said, not knowing what else to say. "We can move on if we all agree?"

Everyone slowly nodded. Paul brought her in close to him and kissed her on the top of her head. "It's going to be alright, babe." He said reassuringly.

I reached forward and slowly turned the page. A gust of wind rushed through and extinguished all the candles. It was pitch black and there were shouts and screams from the group.

"What's happening, Garret?" Paul called out.

"How the hell should I know?" I yelled back.

"You've got the book dumbass."

"I can't read in the dark DUMBASS!" I shouted back. A few streams of lightning struck nearby, the sound of the thunder was nearly overlapping with the bolt, telling us it was dangerously close. As the distant light flickered, the silhouettes of the group appeared. Mysterious shadows sat before me as I saw the ghostly figure right beside Kelly. It looked like it licked her face.

"What the fuck was that?!?!" Kelly screamed.

The room slowly came into focus again as Laurie relit the candles one by one.

"I just felt something cold on my face. What the fuck!?" Kelly was in a near panic. I didn't know if it was wise to tell her what I saw.

"I don't think we're alone." I said softly.

"This is too creepy. Can we just go?" Julie said timidly.

"We're in too deep to stop now. We need to see this through or else..." I couldn't even finish the sentence, but everyone understood.

As the light increased, the book came back in view. And I continued where I left off.

Tsk, tsk. Tis a shame, When there's only one to blame. The stakes have been raised, Now your lips must graze. Around the circle at a steady pace, Lock lips for a lovers embrace.

"What is this spin the bottle at the ice cream social?" Paul said as he planted a long kiss on Kelly. "Now everyone kiss your partner and let's move on."

"I don't think that's what that meant." Kelly said softly. "I think you'll have to kiss Julie next."

Julie sat quietly just to the side of Paul.

"You can't be serious." He said to Kelly.

"Does it seem like this thing is joking around? Look what happened last time we didn't obey." She said in a panicked, elevated pitch.

"I'm not going to kiss someone else. I love you. Ghost or no ghost."

Lightning struck at that very moment. The powerful thunderclap shook the floor of the attic. As the room lit up, I saw the figure once more behind Kelly. Its tongue stretched impossibly far and licked Kelly's lips. She was paralyzed with fear, feeling every terrifying sensation, but unable to see what was happening. The dark arms wrapped around her torso, and groped Kelly's breasts, ripping her shirt open.

Kelly shrieked louder than I thought was possible, crossing her arms trying to cover up.

"Holy fuck." Someone shouted. "I think I saw something. It. Something!" Jim shouted.

Paul quickly pulled Kelly next to him. "I've got you." He said as she was shaking, arms still crossed and covering herself up.

"What the hell is happening?" Jim called out. "I thought this was supposed to stop the ghost."

"If we do what it says, I believe it will. If we do only some of it...I think it's making her stronger." I said somberly and added, "I think she's already chosen who she wants." I took a careful and slow, deep breath. "Kelly, I think it's been behind you this whole time."

Kelly nodded, terrified but not surprised by that. "Paul if you love me, you have to kiss Julie. You have to do what it wants." She said starting to fear for her life. "Jesus I'm the only one who's practically tits out because of this thing. Who knows what it will do next."