The Twelve Zenati Pt. 33

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck, when did Phil grow a pair?" Solomon Armarti asked the man beside him, Marcus.

"When we were together in Kuala Lumpur, I think," Marcus said seriously, narrowing his eyes at Phil as if in thought. "Suits him," he shrugged.

"Fuck off, Smartie," Phil rolled his eyes but using Solomon's nickname now that there were two in the group with similar names. "You're up, X-man!"

"We haven't all had the chance to get together like this since the MattCat phenomenon and I know you're all eager to share stories of the latest incident that involved all our families. My deepest sympathies Theo for the loss of your mother," Xavier started.

"What is the MattCatt phenomenon?" Solimon Pelligrini asked.

"Matteo had withdrawn from our group and mostly from family life until he met the lovely Catriona, hence the MattCatt name. They were the ones to unravel the plot against the mothers of the tables and send out the warnings.

"I don't want to beat around the bush or waste anyone's valuable time, so I will just lay out the reason for this emergency meeting. We believe we have the evidence to show that everything that has been happening to the tables over the last decade has been orchestrated by a faction that used the Suebi as their soldiers and scapegoats." There was a general murmur of surprise and disbelief from his friends. Xavier held up his hands to quiet the group and stated, "Please, let me explain."

"I know a lot of what the Zenati is about to tell you, and trust me, it's worth giving consideration," Massimo boomed, making his friends pay attention. "We don't call these meetings on hunches or gambles. The evidence is there if you take your heads out of your asses and look properly. That includes me and the troubles that have affected my Table as well. Take notes," he chuckled. "Because your about to hear a pretty fantastic story. The evidence that its more than just a story is piling up, and I bet each of you is sitting on even more evidence to prove the theory these men will put to you. So, as Phil asked in a much nicer way, shut up until they're done."

"One moment," Dante interrupted. "It just so happens that I have bought you all some personalised notebooks for this meeting because although I don't know much of what is going on, I know enough to be sure this meeting was necessary, so the sooner we let X talk, the sooner we can tuck Nathanael back into bed with the lovely Ally," he smirked. "We all know that's the only reason you stay in there so much," he laughed loudly and passed around the notebooks.

"We have evidence dating back as far as the death of Christo Donati. However, more recent times are easier to collate evidence for and find the common denominators," Xavier began again. "In the interests of expediency, however, I will limit what I say to the last five years or so, and you can all judge from that and add your own knowledge from individual family investigations." He started with an issue and rivalry between the Gastone family and that of the Farnese family, plotting it out and highlighting some glaring clues about third-party involvement. He spoke about the Pelligrini involvement with the Suebi and the deaths of several members of the Donati family. That coup and the damage that was done to the Battaglia reputation when they were already suffering from the blow to their reputation Marcella's father had caused by sending her not once, but twice under-aged and with false claims of drugs and other misbehaviours took quite a few men by surprise not the least of which was Marcus who was taking notes furiously.

Xavier wove the web he was sure belonged to the Varangian. He highlighted the strife each incident caused between multiple tables at a time until each family had a reason to be wary of the others, instead of uniting and realising that they all had one common enemy turning them against each other.

"Who here doesn't put at least some responsibility for the attempt on all of the mother's lives on Theo and his family? Who here isn't questioning sending any of their family members to the Battaglia for help or training after their reputation has been torn to shreds in recent years? Are they still the great arbitrators, or is the thirteenth meeting more often over small issues because that trust is broken? Who here has made a concerted effort to embrace the new Pellegrini Table by visiting them and wishing them continued success in our country?" Xavier asked his friends.

Phil cleared his throat and raised his hand slightly, bringing a chuckle to the seriousness of the conversation. And everyone relaxed as Xavier delivered his final question.

"Ask yourselves, who stands to gain from splintered and suspicious tables as well as the decimation of the Suebi?" Xavier asked.

Following Xavier's question and the silence from the men who surrounded them, Noah got to his feet. It was his job to deliver the Zenati evidence of what happened after the attack on the mothers and the story of the three sisters who had brought at least half of the tables into conflict with each other. As well as their admitting their own culpability in those conflicts, Noah would also highlight their recent suspicions about the Tater's motivations.

"Before Noah talks as to what has happened recently to make you draw your conclusions and discover the ones behind all these attacks, I'd like to take a moment if I may," Dante said, coming to his feet and motioning Noah to retake his seat. Since we all met in Kuala Lumpur last year and went to see MattCat get married, everybody at this table has expressed how much they miss Lio. Xavier may have glossed over that part of his story because he loved him best. Still, I'd like you all to take a moment to remember that one of us, one who belonged to our circles, was targeted and killed by the men playing these lethal games with our lives and those of our families. Don't dismiss what Noah or Xavier said because it sounds outlandish. The facts are often stranger than fiction, and Lio would have been the first one to want to help unravel this mystery with the Zenati and serve justice."

"It would be a mistake to think the reputation of the Zenati is something kept alive only in the history books. His own actions against the Zenati and the three sisters have already doomed the man behind all of the troubles and rifts between our tables. Even as we speak, the Black Blades seek out their enemy to end his games once and for all," Noah explained. "We are here because our fathers would rather sacrifice themselves, than request assistance from the men in your territories. We expect the game master has factored that into his web of misdeeds. Taking on each table alone was his aim with all of the games he has played thus far. The Game Master is Konrad Van Kempen and is the leader of the current Varangian Guard. He put his own people in place to take over from the decimated Suebi in each city that we clear of the clans. How do we know that?" Noah asked and looked around the table. Then he began to tell the tale of the three sisters and the Suebi in the north and how Marcella had been taken first by the hidden Suebi and then by Konrad, where she had heard and witnessed much of his plans.

"We have assisted the Zenati in locating and making his fortress in our territory untenable for him to return to hide in," Dante interrupted again. "Using the information that helped us to find the first fortress, we expect each of you could also locate his hiding spot in your territory if he has one," he added placatingly. "We could back him into a corner if we are all seeking to find him and taking out his nests as we find them. True, the Zenati want him and seek him now. Still, each of our family has their reasons to track this man and confine him to the deepest mining shaft in this state," he chuckled at an emphatic head nod from Nathanael.

"I know just the one," Nathanael said seriously.

Noah sat down and finally let the men speak openly about everything they heard. Though he hated to admit he had doubted Xavier initially, not one man questioned the validity of their claims about Konrad. As he listened and watched, he saw the full might of the twelve tables brought to bear within this small group. He realised he had left out two crucial facts as Dante had interrupted him.

"If I may," he said into a tiny gap in conversation, "I wasn't quite done. I have two other things for you to consider. Firstly, knowing that Konrad is putting his own people into the vacuum left by the Suebi, how do we know that the elusive Tater are not working with him rather than just helping clean up the mess left by the Mother's Day attacks?" he asked. Then when his question was met with stunned silence, he continued. "The three sisters who have brought strife to up to half of our tables are still being sought by Konrad. One is in the care of the Farnese family and has been secured in Adelaide. The other two travel with us. He is particularly interested in the middle sister who has been the cause of issues between the Battaglia, the Martino, the Farnese, the Donati, the Gambaro and the Zenati to this point."

"Perhaps even the Sergi depending on what side of the border their map says his nest was on." Dante chuckled. "She's been a very busy girl."

"Something to consider if he wants her so badly. Maybe she could be the catalyst to draw him out of hiding?" Zachariah Gastone suggested.

"No!" Xavier said before Noah could react and possibly punch the man for the suggestion. "She is a very resilient girl who has been forced from one abusive situation to the next her entire life. Understand me when I say this, she will not, in anyone's schemes ever, be forced into situations not of her own choosing again. She is the reason we know about the Game Master's involvement at all. We owe her a debt, not the other way around."

"That explains all the extra security," Solomon nodded. "It seemed excessive even for our circle."

"If they ever need a safe space in the middle of this storm, you are welcome to bring them to us. We would be the least logical carers for anyone playing games, a master or not," Soliman Pelligrini offered.

"Thank you, but I doubt their fiancés would allow them that far from their sides," Xavier said again, saving Noah from the angry retort he swallowed down.

"They would be welcome as well," Soliman smiled and nodded to Noah, who made no attempt to hide his anger at the suggestion.

"Well, I understand the necessity of this meeting, gentlemen, but I have a very badly injured wife at home. I have found this very enlightening, and we will start our search and surveillance the moment I return. He will find the A.C.T. a very inhospitable place to roam or call home," Marcus promised, picking up the information packet Xavier had provided with the evidence and photos inside. "Whatever you need, ask, and we will do our best to accommodate. Happy to meet again next month. It's true that circumstances have kept us apart and blinded us to the link behind the troubles we have all faced. Probably best to put an end to that with us if the thirteenth can't see eye to eye yet." With that said, he left the room and hurried from the house.

"It's good to see you all again, but I know most of you came under duress and are worried about your families. Thank you for your time and support," Xavier said. "Matt, can we talk before you leave?"

Phil and Dante stayed with Matteo. The small group sat closer to Nathanael and Xavier as the other men left, heading back to their own homes. They knew that what was spoken about within the small group would be discussed with them at some point.

Noah stood, panic falling over him as he saw Gideon attempt to push his way into the room past the watchers guarding the door. He hurried over and found Massimo beside him, clearing the way.

"Let the man through you idiots. The Zenati called this meeting!" Massimo boomed at the men guarding the door.

"They wouldn't let me in," Gideon grumbled as Noah ran past him to where Marcella had been taken.

"You have the closest ties to the Tater," Xavier began realising something had gone wrong with the rest of his party, he spoke rapidly with his friends. "One or perhaps two of the Tater have been overly involved with Noah and Marcella giving very cryptic predictions and advice as if playing with them and the Game Master. We have genuine suspicions about their motives. Anything you can find out would be helpful for us because, at this point, we don't trust them at all after Noah and my brother were shot after one of her cryptic warnings."

"I can understand that," Matteo drew in a breath and flicked his eyes to Noah before responding. "I don't know what they will tell me, but Ricco or my wife may be able to find out what you need. What we need," he corrected himself.

"Thank you," Xavier said, calming from his anxiety of having to ask Matteo to aid them so directly.

"Being shot doesn't tickle," Nathanael said and looked around, only now seeming to realise Noah had left the room.

"Noah's was only a graze, but my brother suffered greatly when shot in vital body parts," so I can only imagine your pain, Xavier admitted. "He was shot in the chest at close range trying to protect Noah and Marcella."

"So was he," Oscar said, coming into the room as most of the others had left. "Not protecting Noah and Marcella but protecting the little mother of our family and me. Some sort of hero shit there, trust me. I imagine you feel the same about your brother, so I'm going to insist the meeting end for now so he can become that hero again and save me from that little mother's nagging about him overdoing it when he is still recovering from several bullet wounds. Also, I believe Noah will want to seek some assistance for Marcella that you may need to encourage occurs here with our physicians."

"Thanks for letting us do this here," Xavier said and rested a hand on Nathanael's shoulder. "Rest and recover, my friend. Then you can kick his butt to rest more rather than dogging your every moment of his free time."

"If you knew Ally, you wouldn't blame him," Nathanael chuckled. "I'll talk to you soon, X. We'll get this guy and teach him what the consequences of messing with the tables are. Now go look after your family and mine."

"It's all good. We all need to get home. Particularly those two," Phil said, standing with Dante. "Noah looked like he is about to implode when he left. As does his brother," he pointed at the door where Gideon had been trying to get Xavier's attention. The group chuckled as they all stood to walk from the room.

*****

"What's wrong with her?" Noah asked Vivienne after hurrying to Marcella's side.

"She's fine. She just isn't responding to us verbally. Give her some time to process what they told us about her mother," Vivienne explained calmly. "Her breathing, pulse and reflexes are totally within normal limits. It's like her mind has just shut down." She ran a nail down Marcella's forearm to her open palm, leaving a white score in her wake, and Marcella's hand curled and flexed at the minor discomfort.

"Fine, we were leaving anyway," Noah said in a friendly voice and lifted Marcella from the couch into his arms. "She can have all the time she needs on the way home."

"But won't she want to see her mother?" Ally asked, not understanding what was happening to her guest.

"I trust you have her in a secure facility," Genesis interrupted. "We will be able to return when Marcella is stronger, but she has endured a lot recently.

"Let them go, Ally," Oscar said, a touch of sadness entering his voice as he watched the unresponsive girl in Noah's arms. "They have her best interests at heart and will return when she has recovered sufficiently from her ordeal. I appreciate you coming on your way home. My wife would have meant no harm imparting the information about the girls' mother."

Noah didn't say another word as he strode from the room and the house. He got into a car awkwardly and found Genesis push in beside him after depositing Olivia into the front seat.

"She almost seemed like the Marcie we knew before she spaced out," Genesis informed him. "The talk wasn't just about her mother, but Jessa as well. That their mother was allowed to love Jessa, and she asked if anyone else was found in the house when they found her mother and put her in the clinic so she couldn't harm herself anymore. There was a new housekeeper contracted to Severino but placed in the house to serve Nunzio."

"We need to go and see Mama, make her understand that Jessa is okay and that she can go to see her and the boys. We can do that, can't we?" Olivia asked, her eyes filling with tears. "Marcella needs to see that Mama is okay, and she would suggest the same thing if she could."

"Massimo," Marcella said, not opening her eyes. "Massimo can take Mama to Jessa," she said on an exhalation of breath. "Save them both," she seemed to sigh. "I can't... Mama won't..." Her voice trailed off.

"Please, Genesis. It will help her. Help them all. I know it will," Olivia pleaded.

"Fuck!" Genesis swore and ran a hand through his hair before stepping out of the car again, searching for Massimo and Oscar with Olivia following him. He waited long enough to take her hand in his before starting his search again. Noah quickly called Xavier and asked him to help Genesis. A few minutes later, Vivienne and Gideon climbed into their car.

"It's being taken care of, and the Gambaro doctor is meeting us at the hotel. We'll ride with you and half the security team. They will follow us once the plans have been made for the girl's mother to travel with the Farnese and stay with Jessa to help care for the boys," Gideon told Noah. The driver started the car and moved off slowly toward the hotel, aware of the unconscious woman in the rear seat, but not saying anything.

Noah held Marcella close to his body. She'd spoken to them, and that was a good sign. He could understand that after everything that had happened in the last few days, she was exhausted. Fuck he was tired, too, if he was honest with himself. He just wanted to get her home and lock themselves in the cabin or his apartment or even the clinic where they had their athenaeum based now and not come out for a week.

"She spoke to you?" Vivienne asked.

"It was more in response to something Olivia said, but yes, she spoke and then seemed to go back to sleep," he explained.

"What did Olivia say?" Gideon asked, curious as to what was going on with this woman now.

"I said I wanted to take her straight home, and Olivia argued that she wouldn't want to leave until she saw that her mother was safe. When she heard that, she said Massimo's name and mumbled about him saving them both by taking their mother to Jessa and that she couldn't or wouldn't. Then she blacked out again," Noah explained as if getting the story straight in his mind.

"Even unconscious, she's still fighting to save her family," Vivienne sighed and picked one of Marcella's hands up. "Come back to us, Marcie, we need you, all of you, not just the parts you think we want to see," she squeezed her hand and gasped, looking down as Marcella squeezed her hand back.

"I'm trying," Marcella said in a barely audible whispered breath as she turned her face into Noah's body and sighed another breath.

"Let her sleep," Noah said quietly. "We know she is okay, and as soon as Gen and Olivia make it back, we can make plans to take her home where we can make sure she is safe."

Vivienne nodded her understanding but didn't let go of Marcella's hand.

The lack of sleep the night before and dealing with everything that happened this day made Noah as exhausted as Marcella seemed. More than anything, however, he just wanted to get his girl home to the Northern Territory. He could protect her properly there and ensure the Game Master couldn't get to either her or Olivia. Jessa and her mother were now under the protection of the Farnese family. They would probably heal better after being together again.