The Right Thing To Do

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We got up and went to our separate rooms and I got undressed and got into bed. I was thinking about what Susan and I had just done and the possible ramifications when the bedroom door opened and a naked Susan walked in. As she got in bed with me I said:

"I don't know if this is a good idea Susan."

"It isn't" she said, "It's a great idea" and her hand slid down my body and found the erection that seeing her naked had caused. For a nanosecond I considered making her stop, but 'little Pete' shot that down in less than a heartbeat. Susan moved over me, lined me up and then slowly impaled herself on me as she said:

"I'm a healthy girl with a large sexual appetite and I've gone over three months without and you don't owe the bitch anything given the way she dumped you so just enjoy."

Enjoy I did as she slid up and down on my erection. I can't get off with the woman on top so when I reached the point where I needed to cum I rolled her over onto her back and the drove hard until I came. I held myself in her until I was soft and then pulled out and fell to the bed beside her. We kissed for a bit and then she moved down and took 'little Pete' in her mouth and started work at getting me up again. When she had me hard she said:

"Do me doggie" and she got up onto her hands and knees. As I slid into her she told me to fuck her hard and fast and I did. She got off twice before I got mine and when I came she pulled off of me, spun around and started sucking me again. It took longer for her to get me up that time, but she got the job done and then she wanted me to do her butt. I got up and went to the dresser and got a tube of KY. I had it because Francine loved anal and it had been a regular part of our sex life.

Once back on the bed with Susan I worked on her rosebud with thumb and fingers until she said;

"Enough already; just do it!"

I did as she wanted and got her off twice before I got mine and when I pulled out and fell to the bed she Susan got out of bed and said:

"I'll get a wash cloth, clean it off and see how long it will take to get you up again."

"No more. I've got to get some sleep if I'm going to be worth a shit at work tomorrow. After the kids go to bed tomorrow we can skip watching television and get an earlier start."

"I'm going to hold you to that" she said and we fell asleep wrapped around each other. When the alarm woke us I told her she needed to get to her room before the kids got up and saw us together.

"They might as well get used to it because unless you kick me out of your house I intend for it to happen a lot. And just so you know; if I get my way they won't be calling you Uncle Pete for long. I fully intend to change it to "Daddy Pete" as soon as your divorce is final."

"Don't I have any say in the matter?"

"Of course you do. Yes dear, whatever you say dear, and of course my love should become a large part of your vocabulary."

She looked at me for a moment and then said "Got time for a quickie?"

I looked at the clock and then said "If we hurry."

When I left the house to go to work she was loading the kids in her Tahoe to take them to school.

Susan came by my desk when she got to work and gave me a kiss. "Marking my territory" she said before heading over to Accounting. Again I saw disapproval on the faces of some of the people in the office and I decided to set them straight. I got up and walked over to where they all could hear me.

"Listen up people. I see your disapproval when Susan shows me affection and while it is none of your damned business my wife left me for another man and I'm free to do what I damned well please. Got it?!"

Most nodded a yes and I went back to my desk.

Work over with I went home and started dinner while Susan went to pick up the kids from daycare. After dinner we played with the kids until it was bedtime for them and after they were put down Susan and I watched TV until we felt the kids were asleep. We went to our separate rooms to get ready for bed and then Susan came to my room and got in bed with me.

That's the way it went for the next two months and then the unexpected happened. It was a Friday and ten minutes before lunch time Francine showed up at the office.

"I'm here to take you to lunch."

"And why would I want to have lunch with you?"

"Because we need to talk."

Curiosity got the best of me and I told her I would meet her at the Village Inn on Wilcox. She was there in a booth waiting for me when I got there. Rachel took our order and when she left us I said:

"Okay Francine, what is it we need to talk about?"

"Someone who loves you and is miserable."

"Who would that be?"

"Me of course."

"You can't be serious."

"Oh yes I am. Walking out on you was the dumbest thing I've ever done. It took me less than forty-eight hours to realize it. It has taken me up until now to work up the courage to come crawling and ask if you have enough forgiveness in your heart to take me back."

"What about Mr. More money than God?"

"He was a mistake. I was blinded by his promises of a life of luxury. Traveling on his yacht and his private airplane to all the places I wanted to see. Paris, London, Madrid and the list could go on and on. It gave me the excuse I needed to leave you."

"So what changed?"

"I realized that while I wanted to see those places I wanted to see them with you and not with someone else."

She looked down at her hands for several seconds and then said "I did it for you."

"You did it for me? Cheating on me with another man and it was for me? That makes no sense at all."

"In the first place I haven't cheated on you. At least not sexually. Burt wanted me, but I told him I wouldn't do it until I was divorced. He didn't like it, but he accepted it. The reason I left was so that you could fine someone else who could give you what you wanted."

"Are you on drugs or something? You aren't making any sense here."

"I left you because I got tired of lying to you."

"Lying to me?"

"You wanted kids since the day we were married. We tried and tried, but nothing happened. After five years of getting nowhere I went to see a doctor. After he examined me he told me there was something wrong with my uterus. He told me I'd never be able to have children. I didn't tell you. I was afraid that if I did you would leave me for someone who could give you the babies you wanted. I saw the way you looked at couples with their children and I could see the longing in your eyes. I finally decided that since I couldn't give the children you craved I'd get out of the way so you could find someone who could."

I remembered her telling me about the doctor visit and how she had told me he said she was healthy enough and that all we had to do was keep trying and it would happen. Her telling me that made me go see a doctor to see if there was anything wrong with me. There was. I was sterile. I was shooting blanks. I never told Francine because I was afraid she would leave me for a guy who could give her babies.

What a fucked up mess. Our lying to each other had fucked up our marriage and it was my fault as much as it was hers. I had loved her. Shit! I still loved her and it would have been so easy to open my arms and say "Come on home" but for a small problem. I couldn't bring myself to believe she had never fucked this Burt guy. She had to be seeing him for months before she bailed on me. You don't just meet someone and run home to tell your significant other goodbye. And if they were keeping company for months there was no way I was going to believe they hadn't had sex.

I knew it was hypocritical of me to hold fucking another man while we were still married against her when I'd fucked Susan while still married to Francine, but my justification, to myself anyway, was that after she served me with papers I wasn't honor bound to keep my vow to forsake all others.

"Can you forgive me? Can I come home?"

"I don't know Francine. Your story sounds just stupid enough to be true. I'm going to have to think on it."

She looked crestfallen and I saw a tear slide down her cheek. She opened her purse, took out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"It's my new cellphone number" she said and with tears running down her face she got up and hurried away from the table. As I watched her go I was wondering if there was any way we could put things back together. But then there was this thing I had with Susan. Jesus, what a fucked up mess.

I went back to work and I wasn't in my chair five minutes when Susan came up to me.

"What did she want?"

"Who?"

"Your ex. What did she want?"

"Me."

"What did you tell her?"

"No."

"Good because I am not going to give you up."

"A bit possessive are we?"

"Damned straight skippy. You let me into your life and I'm going to stay. See you at home tonight."

But it didn't happen.

At two forty-five two men in suits walked into the office and asked for me. The receptionist told them I had a full schedule, but she would see if I could fit them in. One of them told her, loud enough for everyone in the office to hear that they were from the FBI and I would HAVE to take the time to fit them in. Marla walked them to my desk and the one in the blue suit asked:

"Peter Westover?"

"Yes."

"I'm Agent Waters of the FBI and this (and he pointed to the other guy) is Agent Marks. We have information that leads us to believe you may know the whereabouts of Susan Pinkney. Would that be correct?"

"I might. Could I please see some identification?"

They both showed me their credentials and then I asked "What is this about?"

Agent Waters said "You do not have the need to know Mr. Westover. All you need to do is answer our questions. Do you know where we can find Susan Pinkney?"

His attitude and tone of voice pissed me off so to fuck with him I got out the phone book and looked up the number of the local FBI office. I called the number and when the call was answered I asked to speak with someone who could verify the identity of a couple of agents. I was put through to a Mr. Delsey and I identified myself and then asked him if there were agents named Waters and Marks assigned to his office and he confirmed they were. I asked him to describe then and he did and his descriptions fit the two men in front of me. He asked to speak with Agent Waters. I handed him the phone and said:

"He wants to talk to you."

Waters took the phone and said "Yes sir?"

"We are with him now."

"Will do."

He handed the phone back to me and said "He wants to speak to you."

I took the phone and said "Yes?"

"We need your cooperation Mr. Westover so please tell Agent Waters everything you know."

I hung up the phone and Waters again asked if I knew where Susan Pinkney was.

"Describe her."

He did and the description fit Susan to a T. "I know her as Susan Peterson and she is working here in our accounting department."

"Please take us there."

I walked them over to accounting, bur Susan wasn't at her desk. I asked Hank where she was and he told me he had no idea.

"About ten minutes ago she got up and left. Probably went to the bathroom."

Waters asked me to show him where the restrooms were and when we got there the agents checked inside, but no one was there.

"Maybe if I knew what this was about I could help."

Agent Waters gave me a look that said "As if! We are the FBI! We don't need your help" but what he said was "You do not have the need to know. Walk us through the building. Show us places she might be."

I'd had enough of his attitude and so I said "Sorry, but I need to get back to my desk."

On the way back to my desk I glanced out the window to the parking lot and saw that Susan's Tahoe was not there. I'd no sooner sat down when the two agents were back at my desk. Agent Waters said:

"Mr. Westover, we need your cooperation. If you know anything that can help us you need to tell us now. Withholding information could get you charged with aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice."

That got my attention. Susan a fugitive from justice?

"I can tell you that on my way back here to my desk I looked out the window and saw that her car is gone. My guess is that she heard you announce yourselves at the reception desk and she ran. She has been staying with me until she can get a place of her own. My guess is that is where she is heading. One her way to pick up her things and get out of town."

"You need to take us to your place right now. We need to get there before she can get away. "

On the way to my car they asked for a description of Susan's car and I gave it to them along with the license plate number. We were about halfway to my place with the agents following me in their car when we came up on an accident. It looked like a cement truck had t-boned a car in the intersection. The car was a white Tahoe and I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw it. I pulled over to the curb and stopped and as I got out of the car Agent Waters rolled down his window and yelled:

"What are you doing? We need to get to your house. Seconds count."

I ignored him and walked over to the accident. The truck driver was crying and sobbing out "It wasn't my fault. I had the green. I couldn't stop. It wasn't my fault."

I could hear sirens coming as I looked into the car and saw it was Susan. She wasn't moving and her eyes were wide open and starring out at nothing. I walked back to my car and as Waters was yelling:

"If we miss her because of this shit I'll see you behind bars."

I looked at Marks and said "Is he always an asshole or am I just bringing out his best?"

Waters was still spouting off and I'd finally had enough. "Shut the fuck up you fucking idiot! Did you not listen when I described Susan's car? Did you not hear me say it was a white Tahoe?"

Marks said "Oh shit" and he got out of the car and went over to where the cops and EMTs were trying to get the door open so they could get Susan out. He got there soon enough to see that it was Susan Pinkney before they loaded her into the ambulance and drove away. I was standing by my car watching when Marks walked up and humorously said:

"You in a heap of trouble boy."

He nodded toward Waters where was talking on his cellphone and said "He's not going to let you get away with talking to him like that. He will find a way to get back at you."

"He will find that I have no trouble in fighting back. He may have the power of the FBI behind him, but I know some damned good lawyers. One or two who might even be willing to pay me to let them represent me in a fight with the government."

"Whatever. I'm sure you will be seeing us again."

I shrugged, got in my car and drove back to work.

I hadn't been back at my desk two minutes before it hit me. The kids! Their mother was dead and wouldn't be picking them up from daycare. I got out the phone book and looked up the number for Social Services and was reaching for the phone to call them when I suddenly decided against it. Once in the system they could be split up, sent to different foster homes and never see each other again.

The two of them had grown on me and I had always wanted children. If I picked them up and kept them who would complain? I couldn't think of anyone. There might be some questions from people who knew that Francine and I were childless, but I could always say they were my sister's children and I took them in when she and her husband died in an accident. I didn't know if Susan had family who might want to claim them, but even if she did I was sure from the way she was running that none of them had a clue of where she was and how to get in touch with her. And I had no idea of who they were and how to contact them. It looked like I was going to become a single father.

Then it hit me that there was one person who had to know the whole truth and that was my Uncle Bob. That thought reminded me that he didn't know Susan was gone and wouldn't be coming back. I got up and headed for his office. When I got done telling him what was going on and what I intended to do he asked me:

"Are you sure about this? If you do it there will be no going back. It would be too hurtful to those kids if you do what you say you are going to do and then six months into it and decide you don't want to do it anymore."

"No different than if Fran and I had a kid and six months later I decided I didn't like being a father I would still have to do the job. It would be what I signed up for."

"I guess all I can say is good luck."

After work I went to the daycare place to pick up the kids. I was expecting a hard time because they didn't know me and might not let me take the kids. If I had to tell them about Susan they might call the authorities for guidance.

I needn't have worried. When I walked into the place Bobby and Peggy ran up to me yelling "Uncle Pete, Uncle Pete" and I guess that made the staff think things were okay. I did get a "Where's mommy" from Bobby and I said "She's still at work and she asked me to come and get you."

On the way home they told me about their day in school and the daycare center. When we got home I fixed dinner and as I was doing it I was trying to think of a way to explain why their mother wouldn't be with us anymore. I finally decided that the truth would be best. I waited for one of them to ask me when Susan would be home. A half hour after we had eaten Peggy asked:

"Where's mommy?"

I took a deep breath and then said "Mommy won't be coming home any more. The Angels in Heaven needed her help and she has gone to be with them. She told me to tell you that she loves you very much and she will think of you always."

Bobby asked "Will she get wings?"

"I'm sure she will" and then Peggy asked "Will she get one of those yellow things too?"

That stumped me for a second or two before I got it. "Yes Peggy; she will get a halo."

Then I turned on the TV, found Dora the Explorer for them to watch while I did the dishes. As I cleaned up I thanked my lucky stars that they were still too young to grasp the concept of death.

The next morning I dropped them of at school and told them I'd be back later to take them to the daycare center.

It was a slow morning at work and I had time to think about things. It might be hard hearted of me but there was nothing official that tied Susan to me other than what the FBI knew and I was going to let her body go unclaimed. I was afraid that if I got involved it might somehow bring attention to the kids and I did not want that to happen. I was going to have to go through Susan's things and find all the paperwork on the kid's new identities. I would need all of that going forward with them. Maybe I could find something that I could turn over to the FBI to mollify them. I believed Agent Marks when he told me that Waters would not overlook the way I talked to him.

I still didn't know why they wanted her. Maybe there was something in her stuff that would give me a clue. I was going to have to check out the neighborhood for possible babysitters for times I needed to do something. I was sure a lot more was going to occur to me as time went on.

I got a little work done and then it was time to pick the kids up from school and get them to daycare. The afternoon went fast and then I picked the kids up and we went home. After dinner I played with the kids for a while before finding something for them on the TV. Then while they were watching I went and gathered up all of Susan's things and went through them. Besides forty $48,645.00 I found three sets of IDs for her and the kids, information on the two banks in the Caymans and passwords for the accounts. I found nothing that would tell me why the FBI wanted her. The IDs for the kids would be destroyed or at least hidden away as would be the money. I didn't want the FBI seeing them when they came to call. I would split the money and open savings accounts for Bobby and Peggy. All the FBI would find were Susan's three IDs and the banking information.