All Comments on 'The Executive'

by Bigguyyyyy

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What !!

Well, this tale surely didn't go where I expected it to. Which is not a bad thing. Every tail should have a twist in it.

Towards the end, it got a bit rushed, and the four years concertina-ed into one phrase sure spooked the slow readers.

I suspect this was a real-life tale with a bit of hotel escapades added on. The effects of the death on everybody were realistic, to say the least.

Noted that this is your second 'death' story dealing with the emotions.

Cheers, and Keep it up,

Kilroy

hansbwlhansbwlover 16 years ago
70 year old secretary

seems unreal. He should have been prepared for her retirement many years before. Not very believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Another Great Story

Bit rushed at the end, but so what ? Your stories are all worth reading. I look forward to reading your stories, as they are so good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Uh!

You definitely don’t know business operation. If the CEO’s assistant requires immediate replacement the most senior assistant would be immediately assigned. They would not use some low level temp pool secretary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Come On!

To the previous "anonymous" comment: (1) this is fiction, (2) there is something like what you want for the secretary choice set forth in paragraphs 18 and 43, (3) as presented this was an emergency situation so he needed a short-term fill Para 18)until something longer term could be arranged and Carol was that, and (4) June seems to satisfy the parameters set forth. Now, Martha's age is something else...although perhaps she was totally married to the job and mandatory retirement was not yet an issue.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous