All Comments on 'Tears of the Mayfly'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

a few words does not a paragraph make, and yet, you manage to fail to edit this wall of text down to a reasonable length, with you having more paragraphs than complete sentences somehow.

James_DuncanJames_Duncan6 months ago

My mind boggles somewhat at where you get your ideas from, as they are always so well formed and clearly thought out, but as usual another lesson in excellent writing. I only hope that one day I may be able to write half as well.

BigDog167BigDog1676 months ago

Normally I love your stories but this one was a little tough for me. At my age I usually skip over the sex scenes since I know how it is done, but sex was so woven into the story itself it was hard to ignore. Still the basic concept was good and as always you are a master story teller. I only wish I could write as well as you since I have a couple story ideas kicking around my head but not the talent to write good dialog. Oh well, looking forward to your next story.

Greggk999Greggk9996 months ago

Excellent, hopefully more to follow

WoodencavWoodencav6 months ago

I almost didn’t read this as I don’t usually read SciFi, however I’m glad I did asi really enjoyed it. I’m in awe of your imagination! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Damn I love your writing! Second to NONE. Excellent story for another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS. Thanks again!

Richard1940Richard19406 months ago

Another fabulous story from this author. Thank you. 5*

GrindleGrindle6 months ago

Brilliant, as always. Excellent story and very good characters.

RandyPandaRandyPanda6 months ago

Your storyline's are always well thought out. Another very enjoyable read.

Pincher73Pincher736 months ago

I really enjoy the worlds you create. Thanks again for another great story.

HandsOnListeningHandsOnListening6 months ago

Another story of thought provoking intrigue You make other stories look like they go from A to B

jwswinglejwswingle6 months ago

Sounds like it's ready for an adaptation to a screenplay.

FrenchTomcatFrenchTomcat6 months ago

Wonderful world building as usual.

Given Bron's adventures, I kept expecting a sour turn of events, but after the events at the brothel, the positive outcome was refreshing.

As always, you build believable characters that I get attached to each time.

I'm not that familiar with non binary persons, but it was an interesting take.

I'd love more stories in that universe even if it's not with these characters.

Thanks again :)

ramysamy7ramysamy76 months ago

5+ stars. I usually pass on the sci-fi offerings on Lit, but I gave this one a try since I appreciated your other work. You gave life to characters I wouldn’t have thought likely. Even the hateful Helena was a fleshed out character.

I’m an old fart and still not comfortable in the non-binary world, but a character with both a physical penis and vagina concurrently? They/them actually makes sense.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just amazing...I loved the Bron story and then to have him show up at the end was brilliant.

Homer21stCHomer21stC6 months ago

I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this one. Unsurprisingly, you once again did not disappoint. A very unique story, very well written. Bravo!

apollo_XIapollo_XI6 months ago

Beautifully written tale covering a gamut of characters. The science fiction was not too far-fetched and supplemented the trials and tribulations of the main characters. I have read some of your other works and really glad I started this one. It couldn't have been shorter but it really didn't feel like a 70K word tale.

PurplefizzPurplefizz6 months ago

A really great piece of work that made for compelling reading, plus all the characters were fleshed out at least somewhat, tbh it’s difficult to find a single fault anywhere or even a part that I’d have liked to have read more or less of.

The most striking part of the story for me - as a het male, was the factual but empathetic description of Sion’s differing male/female personalities and the way they integrated and/or chose which side was appropriate to help him function in different situations, I don’t know if you have first hand knowledge or have spoken to anyone involved with trans or gender fluid sexuality, but for me it read extremely well and properly conveyed the conflict I’d imagine someone would experience given the duality of their make up.

Many thanks for both writing and posting this story here on Lit BurntRedstone, it’s a no contest 5⭐️ and I’d guess I’ll be reading it again in the next 6 months. Best wishes, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

5 stars for this story, but I enjoyed the "Bacchus" story much more than this one. Great writing, as usual.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy5 months ago

Epic …. A gifted writer and so every tale is a fantastic read ….. a bumpy ride through the galaxy with intense moments and breathtaking turbulent craziness or lovely thoughts and emotions ….. thank you for sharing and publishing …. Wonderful Christmas time ….. mery Christmas 🎄

Ten spaceships 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀✨💝

SchutzerSchutzer5 months ago

Brilliant! I hope tonread more of Sion and Eve

Bluesea00Bluesea005 months ago

Brillant. The very best i how you describe she and he become they. A very interesting approach, that I am affraid younger generations had already overridden.

good story

JTassJTass5 months ago

Excellent! Five stars and favorited.

I have one minor bit of feedback/constructive criticism, which I also pointed out in the original Bacchus story - A masseuse is female. The masculine form of the word is masseur.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosome5 months ago

Bro, when I first started reading this story, I thought that this was going to be the darkest most evil thing you've ever written.

But no, you pulled it off. Well done!

anubeloreanubelore5 months ago

On page 6 and just read this:

"... Daisy decided she'd make the people of Xochitl One and Two pay for their evil. She knew it would take decades, maybe her whole life, so her rescuers would be old or dead by the time it happened. She felt no remorse for that. They should have come earlier. ..."

|

I don't understand. Why would she (or anyone) feel remorse over the fact that her rescuers aren't immortal, and will die before she takes vengeance on Xochitl 1 and 2? And why would their earlier arrival change their mortality? It might've made her less likely to want revenge, but what does that have to do with anything?

|

1: Daisy wants revenge on Xochitl 1 and 2.

2: Her rescuers will probably die before she gets it.

3: she "feels no remorse for that"

4: they should have come earlier. (Despite the blockade?)

|

Were the rescuers from Xochitl 1 or 2? If so, I can kind of understand this aside, but it's still kinda confusingly phrased. Or I'm just slow, which is entirely possible.

|

I was a little hesitant, given your disclaimer, but so far I'm really intrigued by this tale! Hoping it has a happy ending despite the darkness and awfulness that takes place.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Another beautiful story. Thank-you for these wonderful characters!

arrowglassarrowglass5 months ago
A delightful difference!

At first I wasn't sure I would like this, but changed my mind. Quite a story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent BR, another exceptional work from the Master Storyteller. My favorite author on this site, you never fail to pull the reader into the story and bring it to life. Anony Mous

P.S. Proofreading so good that I don't recall any errors catching my attention. The duality of Sion was a bit strange to follow but was understandable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, like the first one, Bacchus, but the "they/them" stuff made it harder to read. He/she or She/he depending on which side was dominant would clear that up. Otherwise, it seems as if there are multiple people being referenced.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It was a good and entertaining story to read

alsithalsith4 months ago

Awesome story as Always mate. Took me awhile to delve into it as your warnings at the start had me skittish, but I'm glad I did.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Can't help comparing it to 'Blade Runner's. Do androids dream of electric sheep? Is that statement a Freudian slip of electric sheep being a metaphor for brainwashed or manipulated citizens? Can androids even imagine freedom anymore than ordinary people imagine a spiritual afterlife/life?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

More questions than answers. Bacchus resembles an amoral hedonistic planet like Las Vegas on mega steroids. The Chancellor read like a self entitled Jeffrey Epstein. Sion/scion resembled your other strong protagonists both innocent yet accutely aware with sensitive perceptions that are survival oriented.

All your novelettes are deeply layer like onions.

Fortunately, your stories don't stink, although they may draw some tears without the death of a mayfly.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

well that was a ride. some really good writing-the xochitl survivor/revenge thing bit was a tad unclear but it functioned well enough as a plot point and everythijg else was pretty solid, so meh.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Love. An onion, sweet, tart, flavour, eye watering at times, and many , many layers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...