All Comments on 'Shapeshifting Chat'

by AnimeThiccLover

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is looking to be a really great series!

I really enjoyed this. The characters were easy to relate to and I enjoyed the premise! Looking forward to more

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So both of your stories are just copies of other people's stuff. I mean you don't have to be a genius to figure out this is based on Shapeshifter by Lemonfont. I mean I can obviously see you've made changes and if the original author has given you permission then I don't really have a problem with it. I know fan fiction is fine, almost all of us start out that way, but it seems bad form to base your own on a popular indie artists work

AnimeThiccLoverAnimeThiccLoverover 3 years agoAuthor
"Just Copies"

I can understand that some people think that my stories are just copy-pasted from other creators, but I truly want it to be known that it isn't the case. Yes, I read LemonFont's story ages and ages ago, but I did not recreate it in any way on purpose. I really hope it's easy for people to understand that. It's not very nice to want to continue writing and to lose all interest after someone is insulting your work.

AnimeThiccLoverAnimeThiccLoverover 3 years agoAuthor
"Just Copies"

There's not a thing as "original" work anymore. Everything has been done by someone else at one point or another. I remember reading LemonFont's ShapeShifter comic ages ago, but I didn't base this off that in the slightest. While replying to this comment I looked at it again and noticed a lot of parallels, but they were in no way on purpose. After looking at the original, I want to make sure future parts are much harder to distinguish with the original, but "Shapeshifting chat" can only have so many different variations. I'm certainly hoping that chapters in the future are much more original compared to LemonFont's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice

Nerding out over text chat with full capitalization gang, where you at?!

This has a lot of potential... you're not, of course, required to realize its full potential, but thinking about what will work for this format is probably a good writing exercise. You definitely have a lot to improve on, but to be honest, that will never not be the case even if you're a bestselling writer. And who cares if it's derivative? At least you wrote something!

(I will never understand people who leave negative comments on stories here. Like, it's a big site, if you know you don't like the stories then go find different ones! Anyway, just ignore it.)

WeezyfWeezyfalmost 3 years ago

Hey i dont know about any other shapeshifter series but liked this one, especially how eager she was to do it for him. More?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous