All Comments on 'Rough Hands'

by moleman2787

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
ag2507ag25079 months ago

Nice story but it does run on a bit. You get three scenes on without realising you've changed scene, changed location, changed time, changed point of view.

Paiger123Paiger1239 months ago

Needs more structure, less “stream of consciousness” It’s too confusing to follow.

des911des9119 months ago

The narrative structure takes a bit of getting used to but it worked for me. A wild ride but very enjoyable. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He doesn't deserve her and unless he was the ONLY man in town how was she single? Takes off two weeks to be with his ex and obvious that there was sex and he was considering going back so yes she was a fall back.

She has no self esteem or pride.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I’ve read a lot of stories on this site but this takes the cake for the most unorganized nonsense I’ve read.

misharappmisharapp9 months ago

It's bad. Really.

It has an interesting idea, but lacking structure, and it ruined everything. Sometimes it's just really hard to read, stop after stop after stop after stop just because i lost in the woods of dialogue and place changes.

More structuring, less dialogue (last thing is optional, to be honest). Please. I see good choices in words, i see ideas, but it's tough.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great fun to read up to last 2 pages when it became too confusing to follow

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

I wonder if the author intentionally tried to create this staccato kind of writing. It was novel, but very hard to follow. The story was not bad although I thought Coop was a real idiot when it came to dealing with the honest love that Chrys brought to the relationship. At least the story moved along and although it was at times incoherent it was somewhat entertaining. I think if the writing was polished up and the stop and go prose was eliminated, it could have been a good story. 3*

AccelarVesterAccelarVester9 months ago

I really like how you constructed the dialog. An extra line or --- to separate time and speakers would have been a big help.

5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Please, dear god, get an editor. Your story jumped around so much, it was difficult to follow. And Coop was so much of an idiot, I wanted to slap him upside his head with a 2x4.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The idea was there, but awkward flow of the story took away from it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree with the others, your story was good but very rough like Coop’s hands. I was taught a story needed a beginning, the body and an ending. You gave us multiple beginnings a chopped up body and no real ending. It had potential but……

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut9 months ago

Lovely, lovely tale, but when she was on the second date and had driven to his house, where did she have to recover her car from?

lAnatomistelAnatomiste9 months ago

I ~>liked<~ the "roughness" that other commenters disliked. Chrys and Coop are real people, in a real situation. Real-life is never smooth - although Coop needed to live in a Van Down By The River for a while to make up for his stupidity with the prior girlfriend.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked the plot, but don't understand why it was structured so confusingly. I usually don't mention this because I feel bad when commenters say the story was hard to follow. But this time it really was. And there's no real punishment for and/or genuine regret from Elle either. I enjoy your stories overall. But don't understand what happened this time. Thank you for submitting though.

Davester37Davester379 months ago

I think I like the basis for the plot, but your writing style isn’t enjoyable for me to read. Often your dialogue seems one-sided and difficult to follow. I also find jumping around in time without any break to be confusing.

I found the character of Crystal to be interesting and sympathetic, but Coop really annoys me He could have been much more, but he just seems like a jerk, I’m afraid.

I did read it through, and I found a lot to think about in the story, so thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry to say I did not make it past the deal with Coop going back to his ex and then coming back to Crys. That ruined the whole story for me. I just stopped reading at that point. Like some others said, the story was at times hard to follow.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Sorry, I'm on page 2 and I've decided to give this one a rest. The dialogue is soo difficult to follow, it's all over the place.

nestorb30nestorb309 months ago

Coop is a complete asshat and not woman with any self respect would take his loser ass back.

MikodaMikoda9 months ago

My god this is bad.....

Another indication that voting is completely broken on this site.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim998 months ago

He was extremely stupid. She belittled him for what he was, and he still tries to see if he could fit in her world. Hurting someone who loved what he was.

When the bitch came back he should have told her to fuck off.

stewartbstewartb8 months ago

It's a "5" for how Stupidly slow Coop was ... not for how good the story was. How long did it take someone to teach him that he does all his work at the back of the cow?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This is an extremely stupid story. Coop deserves to be alone. What were you thinking when you wrote this? Coop must be the dumbest guy on literotica

DeeSylvanDeeSylvan8 months ago

Outstanding! Your writing describes Cooper to a T. His heart and confidence were shattered by a woman he loved but abandoned him. Crystal is the kind of woman we all want. Brilliant, down to earth, a sexual tiger and loyal to a fault. The dialogue is funny and fast moving. Great story!

Pinto931Pinto9317 months ago

Good story except Coop was to stupid to breath.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted7 months ago

Great story. Love the dialog. Need to learn how to use paragraphs.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

I enjoyed this one very much. Dialog was over the top. Thank you

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Coop truly was a pussy and an idiot. She shoulda walked on. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story A bit Shakey in the middle BUT I must be a little bit of a romantic Turned out ok (jaybee186)

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a great imagination. You keep writing and I will keep reading.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman6 months ago

LOL, great dialogue and writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I would have given this story a five but four was all it was worth because no one is as stupid as Coop was made to be.At least hw woke up but he was a fool for too long.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

Yeah sorry, you wrote MC as a brain dead nincompoop dumbface at the same time claiming he's super smart and stuff. That ruined entire romance for me. It's like reading RAAC cheating wives garbage. 3 stars, and I'm honestly tempted for 2 since the shitfaced "french" bitch didn't get ANY downside or punishment whatsoever.

/

And yes, the fact that Crys continued loving the asswipe instead of finding a decent guy, is also an indictment against women (as it's a typical female behavior - either destroy a good guy, OR let a guy acting like an ass destroy you but keep coming to him. Can't just love a normal decent guy who doesn't treat you like shit and keep loving him forever).

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler5 months ago

I liked the setup and the tempo for the development of the story. Good characters help make a good story. This is a good 4Star story. The ending was a problem for me and this was a little less than some of your solid 5 stars.

I enjoyed the read an look forward to more of your storytelling

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why does it feel like whoever wrote this is a farmer?

Hugo999Hugo9994 months ago

Great characters in your various works

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

I liked the story up to the point he went back to his ex and to solidify his weakness, he shaved himself.

At that point he became the weakest character I have seen. There should have been no chance for redemption after that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I second "The ending was a problem for me and this was a little less than some of your solid 5 stars."

Solid read though , good plot and character development. ENJOY!

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Coop was surely clueless throughout the story, but why would he order a bear with his burger? That’s really dumb! Once again, interesting characters from this author, but in this story not too believable characters.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous