All Comments on 'Postage Stamp'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 167 Comments
RePhilRePhilalmost 10 years ago
Such a sad man

It's disheartening to read about a husband that doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to split from a cheating wife. Why is it always the same contrived exuses used to have the husband keep a dishonest wife? It's as if JPB simply copied a pasted the ending from Oone of OHIO or UKs stories. As a personal opinion I would venture the excuse doesn't exuse the action. JPB wrote her excuse as believable as Hitler saying "OOPS I'm sorry"

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 10 years ago
Another Good One

JPB is always great value. Economical with words and to the point. Aspiring writers please take note and strive to imitate.

The only quibble I have with this story is that a big hurt like this will fester away unless it is lanced. I would be more confident about their future together if he had confronted her at the lake and let her know the pain she had caused.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Very good story and very well-written.

Authors can sometimes (often?) convince me that reconciliation is appropriate. Not this time. I might have been able to get past the first date/first fuck, but certainly not the fourth date/second fuck and the planned three-day weekend.. Frank needs, at a minimum, to tell her knows so they can have a discussion regarding the consequences of any future cheating.

I just "love" these stories in which the cheater has to meet one more time to tell the paramour that it over. That is about as realistic as staying faithful while going out weekly with the girls for drinks and dancing.

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
I wonder ....

What would happen if she did it again .... abberation I mean ;-)

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 10 years ago
Dialogue

I think the dialogue is very well written. There aren't that many writers here that can do that well. Kudos. Loved how well the story was written and crafted. Hated the wimpy ending but that doesn't take away from how well the story was done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved story. Hated ending

The ending ruined the story for me. It would have been much better without the last sentence. Best to leave the main character with an unresolved question, loving his wife but not sure if he could ever totally trust her again. Surely her betrayal would eat away at him, even if he did decide to keep quiet and give it time. They might eventually make it, but I'm not convinced that he is better off with her after what he found out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The ending sucked but the story was great!

"If I had run into her all these may years later and she had let me know she was available would I have said: "Sorry, but I'm married" or would I have said, "Yes! Finally!"

ANYONE married says, absolutely NO. Marriage is commitment and trust. Take either away and there is no marriage. I've had opportunities like this and did I ever take them? Absolutely not. My marriage, my wife, are worth so much more than sinking my cock into a different cunt that is only that, a different cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Why pick on HIV when you're the one who's screwed up?

She LIED to you!

REPEATEDLY!

So you can't TRUST her.

Not to mention that Brandon wasn't a "one off" thing.

She may or may not ever have another fling, but why would you want to be married to someone who lies to your face with little or no REMORSE. (You said it yourself how great an actress she was while she was doing it.)

It isn't HIV that has the problem.

Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I agree with my friend when it comes to cheaters

My best buddy is a Minister and has been for 30 years. He ministers to cheaters or those who have been cheated on, countless times. He talks of forgiveness, of love and of compassion. So I asked him, could he forgive his wife if she cheated on him just once?

His answer? Absolutely not. Though they've been married 40 years, he told me if he even saw her kissing another man the same way she kissed him, he would throw her out and never take her back.

I agree with him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
a shame...

All that talent and just doesn't know how to end a story...this one needs FTDS something bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
good one

good one bob. appreciate the work all these guys are from Virginia? lol

YathinkYathinkalmost 10 years ago
Sad.

Apparently this is all you think you're worth.

Or all you deserve. Same thing.

Forget about the cheating.

How about the lying straight to your face?

Apparently for you, no problemo.

Truly, a genuine "loving wife."

By the way how to avoid sleeping with someone you shouldn't is simply to imagine what the face of the one who you love and who loves you and trusts you will look like when he or she finds out.

PS you're wrong about "pussy is pussy."

There is pussy and there is skank.

You have lying skank.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
if this was for harry why was it on the other site first?

not a bad story but a marriage based on deceit, lies, and adultery for a long period of time cant last, eventually the sore will fester and then have to be lanced.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Damn! LOL

Well, this will DEFINITELY piss Harry off! If Wifey doesn't end up destitute, crippled, or dead, Harry usually won't like it.

That said, the tale itself was great up until the end, as other commenters have said. He talked a big talk about not giving anyone a free ride. He even walked the walk until it came to Wifey. She got a free ride. It would have been hilarious to get her reaction to Asshole getting his balls bashed in, at the very least. LOL

But hey, whatever. It's your universe. You're still the King of Twisted.

5 HUGE Stars for possibly giving Harry a conniption.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Everything was there for a fantastic story however,

It just did not click. She was never confronted. Leaving this unresolved would have made me go crazy. Normally a # 5 for you Bob today only # 3. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

So after all that about no one riding for free... she got one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good story

I like JPB because his stories are not predictable. I like not knowing how it will turn out till the end. Harry in Va and a few others remind me of my daughter. If the stories did not end with the words "They lived happy ever after"... she through a tantrum. As an adult she reads novels by the same authors that always have happy endings. Well there are authors that always end in their story with "The bitch burned in hell for eternity and the man found long life, happiness and revenge is sweet" or similar crap.... I am not sure why some readers continue to read stories by authors like Mat M, then bitch about stories that don't end up with the ending they prefer... hell they are just stories after all. This is not "The Twilight zone" where a woman reads a story and is doomed to play one of the roles for eternity.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 10 years ago

Yet another husband talking up how tough he is but doing nothing about the problem he has, his wife. She got a free ride. What is he going to do? Beat up all the guys she screws with now that she has gotten a taste and gotten away with it? Eventually the police will catch him and he will serve time. They might even be able to tie him back to the others he beat up. Is he also going to be afraid to leave her alone because when she is "lonely" she fucks other men?

Maybe he doesn't want to leave her. Fine. Pick 10 other women, screw them, and let his wife know what her arrogance cost her.

Joyce is a moron. Instead of having Wendy voice all the stupid excuses, Joyce does it. All the excuses lead to one conclusion, women are children who can't control their emotions and behavior and need to be protected from themselves. They are incapable of responsibility and trust. They are incapable of upholding a contract (marriage). They are nice pets but need to be kept on a leash. Pretty pathetic, eh? Well, I didn't write the story.

spredmspredmalmost 10 years ago
will she find out

I wonder what her reaction will be if and when she finds out that he got the shit kicked out of him, that will tell husband more

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Good story...

Good story...So why just 3 *? Just because he should have cleared everything with her, in order to both forget and go on with their married life...But all he did was to hear from her friend...

TeslerTesleralmost 10 years ago
Like I really believe:

Like I really believe that Joyce did not say anything to Wendy and all of a sudden now she can't stand the thought of being away for 3 days.

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 10 years ago
Another well written JPB story.

It does concern me that Wendy got a "free ride" but sometimes you have to bend your own rules to make life bearable. Nice revenge on the prick but using baseball bats on people isn't the best way to stay out of jail. If I were in his shoes I would worry that Joyce might give up his secret someday. I'd be thinking about what I was going to say to Wendy when that day came. All in all a good tale of revenge and forgiveness. Thanks Bob.

LostOneThereLostOneTherealmost 10 years ago
Not Harry

"Well when you do try to decide keep in mind that the girl really does love you."

But obviousely she loved her secret fantasy even more. Sorry Bob, at the least she needed to be served separation papers to show her just how much she screwed up. Hubby dear in your version will always have to look over her shoulder to see what "new" fantasy she is thinking about and there will be more for certain. She got away with it clean once.

As I see it this is just another wimpy tough guy story under RAAC rules. Try one where SHE has to fight as hard to save her marriage as she fought to have a 4 month lover.

But then again I guess you wouldn't be writing stories just to piss off good old Harry then now would you. Hmmm. Perhaps you and Harry should be the subject of a RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
BTB

Finish the damn story...& BTB.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007almost 10 years ago
Crap!

Not only Harry is pissed off by this shit story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yeah, JPB, you can be pissed of at me too.

You call this a story? I call it typical JPB cheating wife story (of which you are the master).

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
Nice story, but marriage is in trouble

I liked this story except for the fact that he didn't confront her about it. Everyone makes mistakes in life. Cheating is not the worst mistake in history, and it doesn't make the cheater an evil person. The fact that she learned from her own mistake and ended it on her own accord showed that she valued her husband, She had to come to that conclusion after fucking up, but most people learn life's big lessons after BIG mistakes. How many people have become expert car shoppers after being sold a lemon?

I feel that this guy did himself and his wife a disservice by not confronting her. He will never be able to move past it because he'll not have any resolution. She doesn't know how much she hurt him, so for her its as if it never happened. Whenever he is feeling insecure, she will have no idea why. They are both set up for a frustrating life together unless they deal with her cheating. This marriage, as this story sits, will ultimately end in divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Pissed off

This was a "fun story" and although you probably did piss off a few, I liked your approach. Keep up the good work. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 10 years ago
Not bad

Not up to the standard of your best, but then they can't all be.

Nice little read.

SKHPSKHPalmost 10 years ago
Congretulations: Harry is pissed

I could not find any comment with his signature - he must be really pissed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
"If she knows she didn't get it from me."

Why believe Joyce? The way you wrote her character, it's plain that she would side with Wendy.

<P>

Maybe if you tried writing so we know some of her thoughts (e.g., 3rd person limited omniscient), there might be a reason to believe her, but as written there's none. Given the way she’s acted, her very words, I’d be inclined to think she tipped off Wendy, regardless of what she said.

<P>

Even without that, it doesn’t change that now she knows she can get away with it. Again, all we have to go on are his thoughts and what Joyce and Wendy tell him, two people who have a vested interest in lying to him. Without really knowing what they are thinking, they are only words with nothing real to back them up.

stinger82stinger82almost 10 years ago
Fun read

Thanks for posting!

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
He violated his own rule

she got a free ride.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 10 years ago
It will make HIV very happy

Knowing that he has gotten inside your head.

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Let me say this...

I have three thoughts, well four.

First, I believe Wendy might have suspected her husband either knew or was suspicious. I base this on personal experience. I am so transparent around my wife she knows everything all the time. Wendy thought something was wrong, and he gave her a bullshit story. I think she knew right then. Or she may have called Joyce and Joyce may have hinted at something.

Second, I could never have held it in, not for a day, not for ten minutes. When she said she loved him after having sex, that's when I would have had said something. Honestly, I don't think I could have waited that long. If it were me I'd have handed her the letter that afternoon when I got home. I can hear myself, "Hey what's this?" I imagine it would have been downhill from there. I would have most likely been out the door that evening.

Third, I know I would never have been interested in the guy at all. He did what he did. I never married him. It could have been anybody.

Last, this story is a five, and here's why. I didn't just turn it off and go back to work. I actually thought about what I'd read. I had fun! Isn't that the idea?

And an extra last; I certainly hope HIV does get pissed. Thanks Bob.

lonesomeone2014lonesomeone2014almost 10 years ago
Just the first page

'I swear that I've never been this happy with anyone else in my lift.' The word should be life, not lift.

'Try to image how she was feeling Frank.' Image would be alright by definition, imagine would be the better word to use. Try to imagine how she was feeling Frank.

Yes, this is taken out of context but, you have created a one sentence paragraph that is a continuation of the previous sentence and the following sentence.

'It doesn't matter if you win or lose baby; what matters most is that you fight back.

"You do not give anyone a free ride.

"The bullies will see that and they will leave you alone. Most will anyway although there will always be one or two stupid ones who are too dumb to learn.'

The mother is giving advice to her child, and doesn't change topic. You start a new paragraph when the topic is changed. It should read like this:

'It doesn't matter if you win or lose baby; what matters most is that you fight back. You do not give anyone a free ride. The bullies will see that and they will leave you alone. Most will anyway although there will always be one or two stupid ones who are too dumb to learn.'

There are many cases of no or incorrect punctuation.

These are the reasons why a five star story gets one star. And No, I Didn't Vote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
1 star

1 of your worst jpb.

YathinkYathinkalmost 10 years ago
Does NO ONE remember "the letter"???

"...it has been the best thirty days of my life. You make me so fucking happy. Whenever I see your face my heart lights up.... Every time I look into your eyes I lose myself completely. I'm always thinking about you 24/7. I swear that I've NEVER been this happy with ANYONE ELSE in my lift (sic)... You are the light of my life, the other half of my heart.... I can't wait until we have our three day weekend together. I want to spend the rest of my life with you...

I love you so much.

Love Your baby girl Wendy."

1) If my wife wrote that to someone else, there would be NO NEED for ANY discussion. Payback if you are so inclined, but discussion? For what? "Building him up to let him down"??

BS!!!! Believe it if you enjoy deluding yourself.

No. It's over: game, set, match.

PS 1) For wifey to do a 180 and go with hubby means BFF told her what's up and she is doing damage control to not lose her meal ticket.

2) For her to VOLUNTARILY write this means she would NEVER give up this guy.

3) Thus, hubby is simply a chump and a stupid, naive one at that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
i"m not make that way

she will see another crush one day and you will be wondering.where my bat.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
To. The. Curb.

The letter:

I want to spend the rest of my life with you and never let you go.

That was not addressed to Frank, but that is really all he needs to know about where he is in the marriage.

To. The. Curb.

End of story.

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 10 years ago
Not your best...

Seems to me your heart wasn't in this one. 3*

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Another World

There is another world where the wives are perfect except for one thing, they cheat on their husbands! That is the world that so many of these stories seem to be based in. That, or these husband's are all attached to their wives like little boy's to their mommies. Give me a break. The average marriage that lasts is far from perfect, but it is also far from cheating. In most cases, if you find out your spouse is cheating your number one concern is the damage to your lifestyle and your finances. There generally has been so much nasty shit that has gone on in the marriage before people cheat that cheating and the inevitable divorce are a blessing! Also, in another world maybe you can get away with beating someone with a baseball bat, in this one, the cuckold is the number one suspect. He would be facing multiple felonies and significant prison time, along with the end of everything he has worked for. So that is out, unless you are a dope. What you can do is sit down with your wife, take out the letter and read it to her. You can tell her how it made you feel. You can tell her that given her letter, you no longer want to continue the marriage with her. You can offer her a no hassle low cost divorce. If she takes it, you move on and busy yourself with your new life. If she doesn't you simply leave and start your new life anyway. A character such as the protagonist in this tale would never settle for this kind of abuse given his childhood. No one is so important in your life that betrayal is ever acceptable.

thebuffalothebuffaloalmost 10 years ago

Enjoyed the read and that's all that is important. It is a story ... a well written story. No moral judgments. A story. And one that is well written.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 10 years ago
Ok...

Where is FTDS when we need him ???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ALWAYS LOVE me some JPB!!!!!

A few things.....

1) THANKYOU so much for opening up to anon comments. Usually you don't, but I really appreciate that you did.

2) You have written so many variations, that as someone else said, when you open up a JPB, you never know what you will get. I honestly feel that this is part of the secret to your success. I say, fuck 'em all, and keep 'em guessing!

3) This story was primarily boiler plate. That is OK. The idea was to point all clues towards BTB, and then....? Well we could examine the reasons (or pros and cons) for either stance. Divorce or reconcile? This will continue to be an endless debate, but it will ALWAYS depend on the specific circumstances of the folks involved. Any detractors to this story featuring a reconciliation need to remember that JPB helped to invent (or at least help to redefine) the entire BTB genre! If Bob felt the bitch needed the curbside pick-up, then she would be out with the other trash. I DO think that Bob helped the reader to see that she DID love him over and above her high school crush, she DID realize she made a mistake, and she did end it of her own volition BEFORE any ultimatums needed to be levied. I see the case for forgiveness, and since it is Bob, the reader can rest assured that his character will never forget.

4) As others have noted, JPB's strength is in realistic, natural, and easy flowing dialogue. It definitely helps us to see these people as REAL. That said, THIS story seems to lack some important dialogue passages. Hmm.....

5) I think the case for reconciliation was strong, EXCEPT it could have been made even stronger IF:

a) we got to witness a confrontation between hubby and wife

b) we got to witness her reaction to lover-boy being taught a lesson

c) she had a thorough heart to heart with her BFF where she explains her logic, fears, and lessons learned.

d) we got to witness her actions that PROVED she was making the effort/ would continue to make the effort to assure him he had nothing to worry about in the future.

6) I have always thought that your male leads WAIT too long before confronting the wife on her behaviors. In this story, he decided to NEVER confront her. WHY? I mean, that letter was pretty damaging stuff. The fact that the letter even EXISTED was "almost" worse than the fact that they fucked several times. She would have needed to explain the letter before I could even spend one more night with her!

7) Now, I actually can see that from a philosophical standpoint, you may have tried to craft a scenario where he really had to ask himself some tough questions about how to proceed in the relationship IF what he wanted MOST was for it to continue, without CHANGING it beyond all recognition. Whether he was right or not, how would proving her SOO wrong change who she was on a fundamental level??

OK, fair enough.

HOWEVER

That is NOT where you took us with this tale. Never once did he have even the self argument where he agonizes over what "might" be better left unsaid. Never did he ask himself the "tough what if" questions. He simply reacted to her cancelling plans, accepted her lovemaking, zipped his lip, and prayed for the best.

8) I think you can see why "Harry" might have raised some call to BULLSHIT!

9) It wasn't that you didn't give us an ending to the story, but the story itself need just a little more meat on its bones. You HAVE done it before, and by God, your many faithful fans are waiting for you to do it again.

10) It IS worth a 5 and endless joy just to see you still contributing here, but dammit man, can you really blame us, if we are still starving for more?

11)THANKYOU so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12) can't wait for the next one.........

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 10 years ago
Or this

Drive to the cabin, unpack her stuff, hand her the letter, then hand her the divorce papers, drive away, and if she calls her friend to come and get her....have a few beers with her friends husband..... Or ??? JUST some other ending to this story then the one you wrote......PLEASE !!!

Richie4110Richie4110almost 10 years ago
Soooo, she gets the free pass?

This would be a stronger story with some form of resolution about her affair. I agree that as a minimum she sholud be confronted with the letter and given an opportunity to beg for forgiveness and a renewed trust. Where it stands now I have to believe his trust has been shaken.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
BTW

Does it matter that she started cheating while he was dealing with his dead fathers estate?! That just hit me, had to comment on that. Sure she loves him - with a wife like that who needs enemies?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hope Harry loved it as much as I did.

Maybe people should write more stories for Harry?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
gave 5* for the story, but

Nothing for the story plot, for the last few sentences the answer should have been an adamant and resounding NO, for her complete betrayal, by the way I am female, but don't always take the females' side.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
well

No body writes a letter like that when planning to end it.

Her friend obviously told her he knew. So she is doing damage control.

Not stopping maybe just hiding it better.

No something isnt right at all.

The story needed more to end it well. It stopped leaving to much hanging.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Yes fairly realistic

Lots of comments giving advice to JPB on how to end a story! Of course how Wendy and Frank worked it out would depend on the real feelings towards each other. At the crunch they could not let each other go. Maybe Joyce did tell her. Maybe Wendy guessed Frank knew. Either may Wendy ought to know what happened to Brandon but be left to guess who did it.

NorbertrichardNorbertrichardalmost 10 years ago
FTDS where are you?

I cant believe any man could read that letter. and accept any bulshit excuse. Her 180 was either she got tipped, or was too scared of the risk. Confrontation and maybe divorce at the very least. Im surprised Bob, don't sound like you.

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
Wow, talk about faithful...NOT!

The very first time they are apart, she commits adultery. Not the kind of commitment I expect from my wife. Perhaps he could do better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not Buying It

The friend told the wife her old man knew - no way she writes a letter than that and then changes her mind. As for him, no way a guy reads that and doesn't confront the old lady. I'm calling bullshit on this one.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Attention Holding Story and Comments

I really enjoyed the story and was very surprised that JPB put an ending in.

I, too, do believe that divorce is down the road and they would be better off doing it quickly. For me going back to bed with him a second time would be the deal breaker when Joyce told me about it. But I really doubt that I could have sat on the letter for more than ten minutes. I would have told her that she was a liar and adulterer and that I could never trust her again.... In fact after reading the letter I doubt that I could ever make love to her again.

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
gotta agree

Sorry Bob, but I have to agree with those commentators who are of the opinion that this was not one of your better efforts.

As for those little boys who commented (paraphrased)

"When a woman lies it is EVIL! When a man lies, it is excusable, cause uh,SHE did it first!

The most amusing part of this subgenre of LW stories, where the wife gets all hot & horny for the HS boyfriend is how contrived that scenario is. Sorry boys but it is men who delude themselves about long ago & far away lovers.

That is why you guys are such fans of these stories in your sub-conscious gender-reversed roleplaying.

The majority of Women when polled on this subject, categorically denied any willingness to have any revival of a relationship with the first males in their lives. Boys confuse pump & dump with making love. Girls confuse fumbling attempts to learn sex as crass male selfishness. When truly, it is just innate male ignorance and craven driven anger of appearing ignorant.

Many years later, the now alcohol and drug muddled memories of men leave them with the delusion of adequacy. It must be the fault of recent women that you are a failure at relationships. So you get all sentimental about some vaguely remembered girl to justify your history of abusing females.

RogueAlanRogueAlanalmost 10 years ago
as always, enjoyed it...

not always the storylines i most like.

not often the endings as i hope.

but you manage to make it real every time.

i don't care that statistically she would not want this or he would not sit on what he knew... i know of cases of both. it happens. not often, maybe, but that's where stories are born... in the tangents and the infrequent, impossible odds.

keep 'em coming. i'll keep reading!

RA

WoodyKCWoodyKCalmost 10 years ago
Bs

Weak and pathetic, surprised, you've shown weak before but keeping a cheat and a liar? Oh well, some times you lose.

Charley49erCharley49eralmost 10 years ago
She knows he found the letter.

Of course she changed her mind. There always next time, The problem: trust. She has blown it big time. He seems to have missed that. Though he did burn the bastard, he is letting the bitch get away with it. too. bad.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 10 years ago

He didn't stick to his mother's wisdom with his wife. Wendy got a free ride while Brandon didn't. Maybe Wendy won't ever cheat again but there will always be a small part of him that will always wonder.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
sad story

about wimp and whore 1*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Well

I agree with Charlie49er. She knew he read the letter. However, the fact that the cunt fucked her old crush while he was settling his late father's estate would make me want to divorce the bitch. Fucking cheating cunt.

Zero stars for the story, three stars for the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
5 words that'd change her life forever

Change the locks, and when she asks why, say:

"Explain this fucking letter, bitch."

Then throw her out before she says a word.

kelchakelchaalmost 10 years ago
Nice

Now that's ife isn't it. An adult, thinking as an adult, and making an adult decision.

Life is not black and white, especially with emotions and relationships.

Thanks Bob.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Not the ending I expected. Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
unexpected

Not the ending I expected from Bob. A confrontation with the wife was expected

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
An aluminum bat upside the head runs a serious risk of killing him.

That is not retribution, that is murder. Put another way, does that mean Winters family is justified in killing Frank? After all, an eye for an eye can go both ways.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago

I guess sucking his cock is considering 'paying' for the free ride she seems to otherwise have gotten. I was going to count how many paragraphs Bob invested in how this guy was NOT going to take this disrespect because of...stuff. Lots of stuff you wasted a lot of ink in discussing.

Until he did. Now, I would have accepted 'won't hit a girl', 'her blowjobs were worth it', or even 'I love her way too much'. I wasn't offered any of that and our normally cynical and burned protag seems to just buy 'I changed my mind' after telling this other guy 'you make my life complete'. This is writing yourself into a corner so a sudden whole in the wall to let the writer escape...hmm.

I hope you enjoyed 'sticking it to HIV' more than I enjoyed the story. Seems petty but whatever makes you write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Time to look up Pauline French......

...or otherwise settle the minor issue of betrayal and broken promises and vows of fidelity. Joyce's explanation was complete bullshit and the trite excuse that "you should forgive her and move on, because she really loves you" won't wash out.

Love isn't how you feel, it's what you do. The feelings come from the actions.

She doesn't love him, because she wasn't willing to get past her failed attempt at a high school romance with the 'big man on campus'. So, she took up with him and repeatedly betrayed her husband that she 'loved so much' for over a month.

It also doesn't jive that 'Mr. Don't Take No Shit Off Anybody' suddenly seems so willing to let this deepest of all shit deals just go away. Fail, Bob. You might consider another chapter to make this right by the defined nature of your own characters. By your definition (nearly half the story), our protagonist is way out of character.......what are you gonna do about that, huh? If there were more to the story and he were to be true to his character, this would eat at him 'till he was murderous and it appears you've closed all exit doors here.

dragginlizarddragginlizardalmost 10 years ago
great story!

The only thing I see wrong with the whole scenario is his lack of letting his wife know that he knows. Good tale telling otherwise but my sense of right and wrong leaves me thinking both should be held accountable. I still give it a 4 but would have loved to give it a 5.

RetiredEngrRetiredEngralmost 10 years ago
Never Happen !!!!

JPB,

First, I am not a writer and will never claim to be, but if you were to give me permission, I believe I can greatly improve this story or at least make it more believable. I'm more or less like the husband in this story up to the point of RAAC. Something similar happened to me in my first marriage, I took care of business and did not spend a day in jail. Somewhere out there is a guy (SOB) who is still walking with a limp and most likely can't get it up yet, even after all these years. Also, there is an ex-wife out there somewhere who, at the time, quickly decided that her safest bet would be to relocate to another state. Damn, why can't women forget about old high school or college lovers after they get married? It didn't work then so why do they think it will be any different now? I trust my current wife and love her dearly, but she knows exactly what would happen if she ever committed adultery.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 10 years ago
Mom said no one gets a free ride

Yet that is exactly what she got. This is a cuck story plain and simple. He never confronts his wife and she goes on believing she got away with it. As for Joyce, if she would cover for a friend then she would do the deed as well. Her husband needs to know that. As the central theme was him never giving anyone a free ride and in this instance he gave both women just that the story falls flat. Sorry JPB not one of your good ones. ***

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Wow! The comments are as entertaining as the tale itself!

Did nobody get the fact that this entire tale was a satire? Really? Seriously? Come on, folks! JPB even put it in the tagline that he wrote this tale with the intention of pissing off Harry!

You know Harry, the guy who has to insult people, even if he agrees with them? You know, the guy who has absolutely no filter and thinks he's smarter than everyone else? You know, THAT Harry?

Well, JPB did it! He wrote a great satire, even including Harry as a character! There's a reason why JPB is the King of Twisted! I guess I just have a twisted sense of humor too, because I thought that was hilarious! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I tried, honest.

I tried to read it, but you're just... plain bob.

Maybe that's why you decided to piss the guy off?...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What?

If this is satire then what is it doing in loving wives? I mean he's only posted about a hundred stories. You would think that he would know better.

Surely he wouldn't use this forum to extract pain from others.

bigdnc13bigdnc13almost 10 years ago
I love happy endings, but...

I love happy endings where everyone lives happily ever after (I know I'm a sucker, or a romantic, or both), but only when it's warranted. His wife emotionally cheated on him, then physically cheated on him, all the while planning, lying, and conniving to deceive him. She should have 'paid' in someway, if only in the knowledge that he knew. I suppose the ending could be justified with his comment that he might cheat too, if a hottie from his high school showed up wanting to be screwed. Two wrongs make a right? Cheaters love and accept cheaters? I don't believe in black and white, only shades of grey. This story was on the charcoal side of the scale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Pulling Our Leg

For some reason this story seemed unfinished. I think it was because JPB was pulling our leg. Re-read the letter wifey wrote lover. There is no way someone who was planning on breaking up with her lover would have written a letter like that before breaking up. It was too sincere and gushing. So I think JPB was telegraphing to us that wife's friend told her about hubby finding out and wifey is faking wanting to break up with lover and not go on her three day romance.

anon.1

zed0zed0almost 10 years ago
Still A Wimp - eh Bob!

I know I've had to 'splain this to you before, writing about violent wimps, doesn't make them (or you) non-wimps, all it does is make you look all that much more pathetic. Sort of like some kind of man wannabe!

Have I mentioned that some of the other writers here on Literotica have greatly improved the quality of their stories with the use of testosterone replacement therapy?

Just saying . . . .

Might be something for you to think about.

rothltdoadrothltdoadalmost 10 years ago
LOL

I love you Bob hehehe stick it to em. They get so incensed they simply lose control fully displaying the irrational stupidity they proclaim.

A 5 for you cause u do write good tales often and for them cause I enjoy pokin the kick em to the curb guys. Lordy its almost as irrational as most religion hahaha.

Jim

DepopuloDepopuloalmost 10 years ago

didnt even read it just skimmed to the end to confirm justplaincuck did another self cuck story so I could in clean mental standing give it a 1 out of 5 that it so deserves

btw fuck off jpc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I think it's funny that JPB is all internet tough guy now when not too long ago he'd disabled anonymous comments because people were hurting his feelings by telling him he's a shit writer who has one story he beats into the ground.

Hey Bob, your best work was when you left the site entirely for, like, a year. Maybe try that again. Stop getting so mad at comments that you have to spend your time writing stories to spite them.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 10 years ago
You are a hell of writer to

Invoke some pretty intense feelings from the readers. Seems some people were just waiting for you to show up so they could bully you just like Marcus. Well I think you need to get that baseball bat out again!

I did enjoy it especially the baseball bat to Winters head and balls. But I really do think you wimped out with the wife. At least you should have continued the story long enough for Wendy to find out that Frank knew about her affair (from Joyce) and that he probably was the one to beat the crap out of him!

I'm not the author it's ONLY my 2 cents! Other than that enjoyed it.

SigintSigintalmost 10 years ago
I'll Never Understand

Why you allow uneducated simpletons to comment, let alone vote. More power to ya. You don't need no steenking votes! Just write! Even when I can't comprehend an aspect of a story of yours, I appreciate the depth of writing that touches head, heart, & 'jones.

Tip o' the hat to a true writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hey JPB did ya fuck Depopulos wife?

That's if the faggot ever had one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
first little slut ratted you out

TOO stupid Joyce ratted you she will do someone else stupid Y ou will always be sucker and eating somebody elses CUM

oldwayneoldwayneover 9 years ago
WIMP, WIMP, WIMP AND CUCK, CUCK, CUCK!

Stories like this make even me a little more fond of Harry. I gave it the One Star it so richly deserved! TORCH THE BITCH FOREVER!

KY XtianKY Xtianover 9 years ago
You ever notice...

... just how much Pauline French gets around? JPB is completely hung up on her!

rick_ohrick_ohover 9 years ago
A sequel would be good

In which he finally tells Wendy that he knew of her fling and that she had better not do it again or she'll know what it's like to be without him for a lot longer than three days.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story but...

I don't mind reconciliation stories, in fact I enjoy them if done right. But Wendy said in the letter that she loved him……..!! He should have kicked her to the curb. Hope you do a sequel rectifying the situation!!

Still, good story

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Is maybe Harry in Virginia the true king?

Harry has never submitted a story on Literotica and JPB has written hundreds. And yes, Harry gets a little angry and abusive, but many readers agree with Harry because he is often dead on right about how real life men feel and would react to sluts and whores as wives. Maybe Harry and other men who would be unwilling cuckolds have actually pissed off JPB for once. Hail to Harry and all men who have some self worth. BTW , Hail to women who do not put up with slut and whore husbands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
liked the revenge, not so much the reconciliation.

He definitely should have kicked her out. No mercy for cheaters!

wonder203wonder203over 9 years ago
Not even close

You are a good writer but this story just does not flow. There is no way any man will accept what was in that letter without some serious pain to himself and his ego. There would have to be some action/confronting with the wife at the very least if not just getting out of Dodge and leaving a cheating wife that has lied and dishonoured him for months.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
FORGET THE QUESTION

the scales are open. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
still can't see it

The letter is the biggest problem.

That letter is written by a woman to her "One True Love" not some fling that she will get over.

So far past the possibility of reconciliation or forgiveness that even carvohi said he wouldn't be able to stay with her.

Strongly suspect that Brandon was getting it from several previously unrequited high school crushes.

Which could explain why no arrest or questioning.

xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
No Sir!

After finding and reading THE LETTER, there is only one possible outcome and that is divorce. The revenge on the guy was good but he forgot Ma's advice about 'no free rides'--his wife got one. She didn't come close to cheating, she actually cheated and kept doing it. Definitely not a reconciliation story, especially with THE LETTER. That letter did not sound like it was from someone that was sorry and breaking it off. I don't care if it was a satire or a farce or a parody, it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
well

The letter contents is what messed up the story for me.

With those contents, no way he could forgive in real life.

That was not an affair letter, that was I will leave my husband for you letter.

Certainly not a break it to you and let you down easy letter like the friend mentioned.

With those letter contents the story didnt gel with the ending.

KarenEKarenEalmost 9 years ago
Sorry, Not Buying It

He has to somehow get her to confess without her knowing that he already knows.

If she can't be at least that honest with him, how can he truly trust her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mom said it - "Nobody gets a free ride"

He lived his whole life following those words. What changed? I know he gets some revenge against her lover, but how does he stay with her? She has lied to him and broken any trust he could ever have in her. How does he live in constant doubt regarding her fidelity? That's no way to live your life - constantly worrying. So while I like a good love story I don't see this as being one. He is an idiot. Divorce her. And tell Harry what Joyce's part in all this was. (HarryinVA would like that).

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...