Passing Glances

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gabe stood there listening to their words and his fingers curled into tight clenched fists. "I don't know where your parents screwed up. I don't mean in the raising of Sarah, but in the raising of you two. If they stopped when you were teens than yeah they failed, but I have a feeling you two plotted a lot behind their back and Sarah's. You may have found ways to make yourselves look like the spurned children, but from what I've seen of Sarah she's not spoiled and it is apparent she's matured better than you two have."

Trevor pulled his sister to his side. "Well, we'll not discuss this further. You enjoy little Miss Sarah, while you can, we have more important things to do."

Gabe watched them leave and shook his head in disgust and confusion. He didn't understand the feelings that were rolling from the siblings, but he did know Sarah was going to need him today. Something in his gut told him that the reading of the Will was not going to be something Trevor and Denise were happy with.

At 10:00 Gabe sat beside Sarah, her small hand tucked in his larger one. He kept her pressed to his side and listened quietly as music played from a tape somewhere inside the small funeral home. Trevor and Denise sat a few feet away and several older men and women were scattered about the room. A minister stood at the front of the room, to the left of the casket. Gabe listened to the scripture and heard the woman beside him crying softly. He pulled her to him and embraced her, kissing the top of her head and letting her use him as her tissue.

Eventually the service ended and they walked together to a limo that had been arranged to take her and her siblings up to the small cemetery. Once there, a song was sang and a prayer given. Sarah stayed next to Gabe for several minutes as well wishers walked by offering words of condolence and hugs to her and her brother and sister. It came as a shock to Gabe and to Sarah that many didn't know Trevor and Denise existed.

They left the cemetery by limo, returning to the funeral home and Gabe picked up his car. He drove Sarah to her father's lawyer, after seeing Trevor and Denise enter a waiting cab. Sarah watched her bother and sister each receive an envelope, which they quickly opened. She expected cashier checks to spill out, but nothing came. She wanted to read the words that her father had penned, but wasn't given the opportunity. She watched them being crumbled by one large fist and torn into pieces by another. Tears fell, because she had a feeling that she had lost all hopes of having a relationship with her siblings.

Trevor looked at Sarah and muttered, "Figures." Denise said nothing, only picked up her coat and purse, and then left. Trevor followed behind her.

Gabe sighed and squeezed Sarah's hand. "I'm sorry," he told her.

Sarah shrugged. "Let's get this finished."

The lawyer cleared his throat. He began to list Sarah's inheritance, starting off with the keys to a safety deposit box, followed by a six-figured cashier's check, and finally with the deed to the land her father's home rested on. Once she signed the papers, her eyes were swollen and red, her cheeks covered with streaks of dried tears and her heart hurt from the loss of her father, her mother from years ago, and her siblings.

Gabe shook the lawyer's hand and ushered Sarah out to his car. He tucked her inside and quickly dashed to the driver's side and got in. He didn't take her hand right away, wanting to give her the space she needed to absorb all that had transpired. She wouldn't have to work ever again if she played her cards right. Gabe had been shocked by the amount of the cashier's check. He'd also been surprised that she now owned her father's home and wouldn't be expected to share any of it with her siblings. Whatever had been in the notes had left Trevor and Denise angry and relatively speechless. He hoped they wouldn't contest it, but if they did, he wanted to be there for Sarah.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked her.

"The bank and then to Pop's. I just want to get this all over with one swoop and start over tomorrow," she answered back quietly. He agreed to do as she asked, though inside he wanted to take her back to her home and tuck her in bed, hold her close and watch her sleep.

They arrived at the bank, where she was greeted with a handshake from the bank manager, once she stated her business. She and Gabe walked to the vault and they were allowed to pull the safety deposit box out. The banker offered to leave, but Sarah told him it wasn't necessary. She sat down and Gabe stood behind her, rubbed her shoulders and waited for her to open the box.

Inside she pulled out a small bible, the size of her palm. An inscription inside showed it to be one that her Great-Great Grandfather had carried with him during the war. A black velvet lined box gave way to a set of pearl earrings and a necklace once worn by her grandmother. Another box revealed the engagement ring and the wedding ring, her mother had worn during her life with Paul, as well as an anniversary band. Stock certificates and several barer bonds were tucked in a manilla pouch and Gabe shook his head in amazement at the amount of wealth Sarah had in her possession. Did Trevor and Denise know of all this? Or were they as unaware as Sarah seemed to be?

She took the jewelry and the bible, and then asked the banker to make photo copies of the stocks and bonds. When she had those back in her possession she put them back in the box, ownership was transferred to her name and she left the bank with more dollar signs trailing behind her.

Gabe wondered if she knew her value as a single woman had just rolled into a seventh figure and a new tax bracket. He doubted she did, but he knew in time she would. He wanted her to keep it all for herself. The more time he spent with Sarah, the more he learned that she would issue checks to her brother and sister and try to "win" them back. He also knew that it wouldn't be enough, Trevor and Denise seemed poisoned in their greed and jealousy.

"Ready?" he asked. "Or can I convince you to come back to my place and let me feed you. No strings attached," he added.

Sarah smiled warmly. "I'd like that. Maybe I'll have you take me to my Pop's, later. I guess doing it all at once isn't the easiest after all."

"There's no need to, Sarah. I'm here for you. I hope for quite awhile," Gabe told her. He squeezed her fingers and drove toward his home. "We just met, but I really am here as your friend and maybe later . . . if you'll have me as your lover." Sarah blushed. "Later will be soon, I think." She grinned and winked. She unbuckled and slipped in beside him. She sighed against his chest when she felt his arm wrap around her shoulders and gently knead her arm.

"This is nice," she whispered and closed her eyes. She breathed in the scent of his cologne and whispered her thanks for all his help. As sleep tried to claim her, she thought of the past three days. Monday she'd seen a man staring at the big breasted counter girl and the Daisy Duke-clad ass of some stranger in the NAPA store. Now, Wednesday afternoon, that same man was driving her around town and she was snuggled up against him.

Gabe heard the steady calm of her breathing and felt his heart jerk. He wasn't sure how it happened, but he knew it was happening. He was falling and falling hard for the small woman that was tucked beside him. He'd been a fool to glance over her as if she were nothing, but he quickly realized his mistake as he got to know her in her most needy time. She handled herself with grace and style, even the way she helped her sister and brother and though they saw her behavior as self-gratifying, he saw it as compassion. She wanted to be a part of their lives and he hoped to make that happen for her, if she'd keep him in her life long enough to make a difference. He hoped he already had.

His fingers toyed with the strands of her hair and he kissed the top of her head. He drove slower than he would have normally, the fact she wasn't buckled played on his mind, so he showed extreme caution with every mile that stretched out in front of him. Gabe took a longer route, hoping to let her sleep a bit longer. Once they reached his driveway, he increased the pressure of his circular caresses and felt her slowly begin to awaken.

"Oops," she whispered against his chest. "I may have drooled." She looked up at his face and saw the grin, after hearing his chuckled acknowledgment that she had indeed drooled, but he wasn't too concerned.

She sat quietly as he maneuvered the car up the drive and parked it. She stayed close to him, again breathing in the scent of his cologne. Sarah felt his fingers massage her neck and slowly press against her skin, tempting her to move her head and angle it back. When she did, she watched him lower his head toward hers as she rose up to meet him. Their lips touched and tongues slipped inside each other's mouth. Her hand came up to slide against his neck then up into the thick brown locks of his hair. She felt his strong fingers in her auburn waves and trembled from the strong grip he had on her scalp.

"Sarah, how long do I have to play the gentleman?" he whispered against her mouth. His other hand released his seat belt and then wrapped around her, bringing her closer to him.

Sarah felt his fingers moving up her spine and she moaned against his lips. He left her mouth, giving her an opportunity to answer; she wasn't in a hurry. Her fingers moved from his hair, to his shoulders, and then down to his chest, where she slipped her warm palm into his suit jacket and felt his nipple through the dress shirt he wore.

Gabe shivered at the timid touch of her hand laying against his heart. He kissed her jaw, her cheek and then her eyes. He tilted her head back and sucked on her neck. His fingers shimmed across her ribs and up to her breast; he cupped one with a beefy hand that often wielded a hammer or a chisel. Now, they handled a soft supple globe of womanly flesh as if it were fine porcelain. The fabric of the dress, satiny and full of flowery print was a contrast to his thick digits.

"Sarah," he whispered against her ear and traced it with his tongue.

"Hmmm?" she mumbled as she angled her head back as an offering for more of his caresses.

"The gentleman bit," he told her and slipped his tongue along her shoulder, pulling at the thin strap of her dress. "How long?" he asked.

"Mmm . . . " Her fingers slid to the buttons of his shirt and she flicked one and then another free of their home. "I uhhh . . . "

He chuckled against her neck and then groaned when her fingers slid into his shirt and he felt her skin against his chest. "God, baby," he muttered and brought his hand to the strap and pulled it down to leave her shoulder bare. His teeth nipped at her freckled skin.

"Yeah," Sarah moaned and let her hand travel further, eventually reaching his nipple. Her nails grazed over it and she felt him stiffen. She smiled and flicked the hardening pebble. "Tomorrow," she whispered and tweaked the bud.

"Thank God," he mumbled and captured her mouth with his again. "I won't push, but I want a little more." His fingers slid down her chest and skimmed the hem of her dress before gliding upwards under the fabric to tease the waist band of her panties.

"Yeah, me too," she muttered against his mouth and felt her sex tighten with anticipation.

Gabe smiled and pulled his fingers from her panty and rubbed her thigh as he made his way down the soft muscle. "Let's get inside and I'll fix you a late lunch, early supper."

Sarah shivered and whispered, "Okay." She scooted across the seat and waited as he did what he'd been taught as a young man and opened the car door for her. Once outside, she felt his hand press against the small of her back and guide her toward the house.

Sarah gazed at the Victorian style home, enjoying the lines of the roof, the windows and the shutters, the coloring was ivory with cherry colored trim, highlighted with tiny carvings of hearts and diamonds. "Cool place," she told him.

"Thanks, it's very whimsical. I like it. The trim was hand cut by the original builder, more than a hundred years ago," he informed her. Once they reached the porch, he unlocked the door and led her inside. "If you want, I can give you the grand tour or you can wander at your own pace."

"You mean I can be nosey if I take the self-guided tour, or. . .see what you want me to see if I wait for you to take me around?" She winked and walked from the front room, which led into a small kitchen of sunflowers and ivy. "I'm going self-guided."

He laughed and set to work making their meal. "Okay, just watch out. If I come to find you and you are in my bedroom when I get there . . . I won't be responsible for my actions."

"Mmm . . . that will be my last stop then," she giggled and then laughed when she heard his groan.

Sarah wondered around the main floor of the quaint home. She noted several pieces of wood furniture, many she assumed were made by either Gabe, his father or perhaps other Shahanna relative from days gone by. She ran her hands over an easy chair and could smell the scent of Gabe in the room. She closed her eyes and imagined him there, relaxing, watching TV or enjoying a beer with his dad. She grinned and knew her Pop would have liked the man that had leaped over the counter of the store and had witnessed his death.

Clearing her throat she continued onward and entered a study that led into an office. She took in the leather seat, the updated computer hardware and smelt the scent of pine cleaner. A smirk lifted and she wondered, did Gabe clean his home or did he pay someone to do it? The place did not resemble a bachelor pad. She shuffled a few things on his desk and saw the only picture on his desk was that of a woman and a gentleman. An older version of Gabe stared back at her and she ran her finger over the trimmed beard. "Mister Shahanna and Missus . . . I really like your son," she told the picture and then moved on.

Leaving the study she rounded a corner and found a guest bedroom, along with a bathroom. She decided it was the guest room, because there was no heady cologne or scent of a male presence. It smelled clean, but not lived in. She saw the aged quilt and thought of the woman in the picture. When she stepped out of the guest room, she headed up the stairs and immediately felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up and her pulse race. She was in his domain.

Her fingers curled over the banister as she stopped at the top of the steps to exam the layout. A small room opened to the stairs and it had an aged trunk resting in the corner. A table had been placed under a window and several wooden ships sat upon it. Another table sat across from the first. On its top was a partially completed ship. The picture on the box, showed the name of some ancient relic that Sarah assumed sailed the ocean blue.

As she made her way to the room on the left she found herself in a large bathroom. Her fingers stroked the brush and she picked up a cologne bottle. "You like?" Gabe's voice said and she turned to see him standing in the doorway.

"You've a lovely home," she told him and set the bottle down. Her gaze traveled back to his and she blushed. "I like it very much."

One side of his mouth lifted in a smirk. He walked toward her and pulled her toward him. "You weren't in my bedroom. Do you know how disappointed I am now?"

Sarah wrapped her hands around his waist and pressed against him. "You don't feel disappointed." She laughed when he blushed.

"Ahhh . . . but you see. I'm disappointed you aren't in my bedroom. I'm still very aroused you're in my home." He kissed her mouth and heard her moan and then felt her lick at him feverishly.

"Damn baby. You taste good. What are you making down there?" Sarah asked and pulled free from his arms.

Gabe laughed. "If I knew you were going to stop kissing me in lew of eating food, I'd held off on taste testing the sauce."

"I'll kiss you after supper too," she told him.

"I'll hold you to it," he answered and followed her out of the bathroom. "Did you see all the house?"

"Not that room," she pointed and winked, "which I assume is the infamous bedroom, you are wanting me to visit."

"Yeah, and if I have my way, you'll visit it sooner rather than later." Gabe followed her down the steps and then into the kitchen. She turned to face him and pulled her toward him.

"Gabe, I have a feeling 'sooner' is coming fast and I want you to know I'm okay with that. First impressions either are way off or right on target. Ours were way off, but this . . . " she sighed, "this feeling I have when I'm with you. . .this is not way off, this is something I want to explore and I really don't want to wait too long. So when I am ready to see your bedroom, it will be for an extended number of hours, if not days."

Gabe's cock ached and he kissed Sarah hard. "Sarah girl, I'll tie ya down if you even think of leaving after only a few hours of my attention." He turned her toward the table and had her take a seat. Quickly she was given a linen napkin, a glass of wine and a buttered roll.

"You're fast," she told him.

"I'll let you in on a secret. . . leftovers. They are a life saver," he said.

Together they ate and once more became lost in conversation. More talk about their lives as children and more details about their dating experiences. Gabe learned Sarah had only one serious boyfriend. They had both graduated from college and she'd been an x-ray tech in a large city down south. When she got the call her mother was sick, she left her job and her boyfriend. Gabe asked if there was a spark for the old flame and she chuckled.

"No, I thought there was, but I visited shortly after her death and he was very much in love with a nurse and engaged to be married," she told him.

Gabe told her of girls he thought he'd want to become serious with, but those paled in comparison to the love his father showed to his mother. It wasn't until he lost his mom that he even thought of looking for a woman to spend his life with. He stared for several minutes at Sarah's hazel eyes and felt his body hum with pleasure at her soft expression and her blushing cheeks.

"Yeah, I want that too. Pop loved mom. He loved Trevor and Denise too, but during the years after her death, he grew distant. I don't know why. But I do know Trevor and Denise didn't help matters much," she sighed and sipped at her wine. "I don't want that. I want my kids to know all of them are important, no matter how early or late in life I have them."

Gabe nodded his head in agreement. Once the wine glasses were empty and the meal over he offered dessert outside on the back porch. Sarah agreed and followed him to the kitchen where she picked up a slice of cheesecake. Together they moved to the backyard where they settled on a porch swing.

"Beautiful," she whispered as she touched the wooden swings railing.

"Yes, you are," Gabe told her and watched her try to hide the pleasure his words brought to her face. He began to slowly rock them back and forth as they forked sweet cake into their mouths. In time Gabe took their plates and set them on a table that sat next to the swing. His hand moved to take Sarah's and he pulled her onto his lab. "Watch," he told her and began a one man assault on her neck.

Sarah tried to gaze at the spot in the sky where he'd pointed, eventually a noise came by and several dozen Sand Hill Cranes began their descent. "Oh my," she moaned from both the sound of the birds, and the sight of them, but also from the touch of his mouth moving across her neck.

Gabe whispered, "There's a lake behind the trees over there and they land this time of night. I'll take you to the lake sometime and let you watch them glide in. You'll love the sound of them."