All Comments on 'It was All on Me'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 2 years ago

This story does not work. And it does not work for 2 reasons.

.

When the husband is told about the date he immediately sees through What is really behind the wife's request said to go out with another man. Whether she actually did or did not go out with the other man it's not the point. The husband is Quite sharp and insightful.

.

That being the case why then does he decide to marry the mattress Queen of the college you want to? And why does he accept the wife's declaration at face value that she's no longer the matter's Queen?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Still, what she asked and how she asked it didn't pass the faithful test.

KoxokKoxokalmost 2 years ago

It was not all on him. It was all on her and her choice of words. If he said the same thing to her she would most likely make the same assumption. He asked her is she was Ralph’s date for the night and she looked away instead of correcting herself immediately. This looked suspicious to me and he had to mention divorce for her to finally clarify it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 2 years ago

if she says it wrong how is it his fault? It sounded like she wanted to date the guy. My wife, doesn't have Candi's past and I would have done worse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So he has a normal man's reaction to something (it could have been anything) his wife does a poor job explaining? And it's HIS fault? Sounds like his wife has a communication problem that she wants to blame on her husband for some reason or another. I'm thinking the old cliche pertains - "Watch your back, Jack". Something ain't right in Denmark. Always good to see you JPB.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your story still sucks, no SANE man will marry a woman with that kind of reputation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What was this about?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Bob, it’s not nice to play sneaky with your readers!

5

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

she sounds dumb or mean but so does he so guess its a wash lol

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

That's what you get marrying a gangbang queen, you get to keep on doing the "trust but verify" routine. Enjoy your life MC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! It's every man's dream to marry the biggest slut in college.

But unfortunately, there is only one lucky guy.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

Comes from too many Lit stories, this overreaction. D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Obviously, two Ralphs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wrong category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Well

Setting one's spouse to feel like a fool isn't solid ground for a marriage. It may be good for him to find someone who will respect him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She does GNOs at clubs. No way she isn’t cheating.

xtc5xtc5almost 2 years ago

Not one of your best efforts IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your first mistake is girls night out with out you second it’s guys and girls not just girls, grow a pair and be man you pussy

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Nice setup but no pathos whatsoever so I find myself uninvolved.

4 stars

CharetteCharettealmost 2 years ago

Well , if she had start the talk a little better with a little more information ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

if he has sworn off cheating why does he think that she can't do the same?

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

A JPB story where nobody cheated, (I tell you it’s the work of the devil) and where the hell is Pauline French, it’s the end of the world as we know it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bull shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He was right in how he said it and why based on her delivery of the message. I dont see the need for a weekly night out like that but had this been me i would have gone anyway before she even mentioned it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Doesn't matter. Words were bad. She made him feel bad.

Why even bring it up?

Something's wrong.

Smokescreen for affair?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice twist at the end

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 2 years ago

Serious disappointment, poor plot and no resolution apart from assumption and silence.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 2 years ago

Bald and overweight has nothing to do with the 9 " he's packing and she wants... Good call on joining her

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 2 years ago

Not on him at all. Wife says "I am going out on Friday night and I am going with a new guy at the office." Even for a woman with no wild past, this would evoke some concern.

What she meant was, "Honey, we are changing our office get together to Friday and I was hoping you could come with me. There's a new guy at the office and I was thinking he might be more comfortable not being overwhelmed by all the women.". Quite a difference.

I "get" the funny misunderstanding. I don't "get" him getting the blame. She was more to "blame" for it.

ManoBlueManoBluealmost 2 years ago

What was the point of writing this ,after that last story you did we know some weak shit gone happen!

ctdansctdansalmost 2 years ago

Do you really think a wife is going to start that conversation like that? Wouldn't she just tell him the night moved and why it moved? If she goes to this thing all of the time to her being there is nothing out of the ordinary. The fact that Ralph is there is what is new and she really doesn't need to say anything about that either as people can come and go from a group out all of the time. I mean someone they all know can just happen to show up, right? Also, Ralph is basically saying he won't go if she is not there. He did not "ask her out" yet she is making appear that it is a date. That is crazy. Lastly, before it all got out of whack if she felt her being in the same bar with Ralph would be bad for her image or something then she could easily just tell her husband the day moved to Friday and please come. Say that Ralph is new and knows no one so us being there will help him get better aquatinted with folks.

I know, it would ruin the story but as written it was a bit of a let down at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lame

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Rather boring, actually.

.

3 ***

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Good new look story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
"The other was that Cookie did not want children. I didn't care one way or the other."

Your character might as well have been referring to getting a pet. Which is perfect: an empty human being for an empty story.

A friend once claimed: Anyone can write. A "writer" can't do anything but. So you write. This is not one of your better efforts, but thanks for it anyway.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

If girls night out already included some of the guys from work, I don't see why she needed to escort the new guy or why she needed to break the news to her husband the way she did. She shows up, makes sure the new guy meets everyone, and then it's a normal night out.

kencorokencoroalmost 2 years ago

not entertaining at all. maybe author should take a much longer break

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Open mouth, insert foot. Good one JPB. 5 Stars.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Trust but verify - always! 4*

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Dump her ass first. What Bobby surmised is 100 % what any NORMAL man would do, whether or not he knew his wife to be a former slut queen. She will now use this to cheat for real. Another wimpy story by the wimpy writer king.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not much of a story here. I like your stories where the wife cheats better. But thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Who gives a fuck about what Cookie wants?

Effin pig.

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 2 years ago

Are there a lot of widows in college sororities, or was she an anomaly?

Since she wasn't up to anything with Ralph, why did she lead off with "Do you love me, Bobby? I mean really love me?". Was she setting Bobby up? Was this just something to hold over his head for the rest of his life?

Yeah, I'm nitpicking. Thanks for the story, though.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

If all that's true then why did she ask if he really loved her? Remove that question and the story is cute. With that line, she fed him a bunch of bullshit and he believed it.

Your resolution is not convincing. I suspect that's why your rating for this is the drizzling shits at the moment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for the nice twist...but life is long, so most likely distrust will be too. Mine would. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

50/50..... She approached it wrong, he assumed the worst. Neither will forget the past or what happened. tick, tick, tick.....?....?

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

She set him up to fail. Not a great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

nice twist on a common theme, but he should keep his antenna up!

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 2 years ago

Not a bad story, I gave it three stars. It seems to be unfinished. Since Cookie was " mattress queen Cookie". I think Bob was well founded in his assumptions. As the old saying goes "a leopard does not change his spots".

cordialddcordialddalmost 2 years ago

A lot of buildup for the shallow conclusion. Hitting below your average.

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Hmm interesting one. It was as much in her delivery as his approach. Good little tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another whore and stupid idiot story not worthwhile

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A girls night out with guys at a club and he shouldn't react like that? She was at least smart enough to know that she would be seen, but once you include guys and dancing then you'd be stupid not to invite spouses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Doesn’t seem like a finished story.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Was there competition today on who could write the most boring potential cheating wife story?? At least 2 stories today are fighting for the title.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"He would like to join the gang" is NOT the same as "Ralph asked me to go to it with him." - Presumably, if the "gang" was going, there'd be some sort of an open invitation, and Ralph wouldn't have to "ask" anyone.

\

"he doesn't want to go not knowing anyone there" - What about the other people that work with them?

\

"Cookie" is NOT that common a name and/or nickname. For there to be two different "Cookies" at the same tine at the same school defies comprehension.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Personally there was a good story going and then in 2 final quick paragraphs it rushed to an unsatisfying ending.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatalmost 2 years ago

Was there a story here? What is the point? 1/5

goodshoes2goodshoes2almost 2 years ago

JPB: You usually write a story better than this. Just plain confusing and seems to go nowhere. 3 stars.

eaglecon67eaglecon67almost 2 years ago

An incredibly boring story. Not up to your usual standards.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

LW? How about Non Erotic? I wonder if they ever came clean with each other? If they shared their past they would be more sensitive in their communications with each other. Possibly preventing suspicion of ulterior motives in their behavior.

Many studies have shown that the more sexual partners a person has before marriage the more likely the marriage will end in divorce. Given this couples history and their lack of interest in raising a family with whom to share their love and commitment the probability that what was suspected this time will be a reality eventually.

Just saying.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 2 years ago
He ASKED her if she wanted to go out on a date with Ralph and she didn't immediately deny it

So no, it was not "all on him."

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Boy, you suckered me into that one! 5stars, I do think the trust me subject will come up again

garybluegarybluealmost 2 years ago

It seems you've changed your basic plot lines. Good. Variety is good. Five stars, but now let's see some JPB complexity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

this one is unfinished and very lame. Your last two postings have not been your best. Maybe you have too many stories going on in your head? I give this one a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 2 years ago

Funny. But "girls night out" is a mine field for marriages. Sooner or later the husband is own his own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Most interesting part of the story was that Cookie wanted to go to the Landing Strip because my in-laws owned a place in Newburg, New York called The Landing Strip where bar goers would give my wife a nickel for the juke box in the dining area. From its web site the place looks pretty nice so I plan to make a trip just to see. Who knows, maybe we will get there on a ladies night.

katibkatibalmost 2 years ago

As a short story? Excellent.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 2 years ago

She should’ve included hubby at the beginning, only a doomed marriage has girls or boys nite when it is spouse night

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

where are the story TAGS?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wondering what the point of ‘she didn’t want children’ had to do with the tale?

As to the date not date, it was lack of communication on both sides really, her lead up to the whole thing was way off and would have caused suspicions even without her old rep.

Also a Friday night out is different from a Wednesday night out.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

The problem with the story is the way she described it, she said Ralph was her date...but then again Bob wouldn't have had his twist otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cookie's description of the social occasion changes under questioning. At first, she says, "Ralph wants me to go to it with him." That is a date. Later she says, "I'll meet him there along with the rest of the crew." That is a more reasonable description of coworkers having a platonic drink after work. The MC's responses are appropriate given Cookie's initial statements. It was inappropriate that he underwent a vasectomy when he has no children. Under the circumstances, Cookie should have undergone tubal ligation. No wonder she's testing his cuck tendencies.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Of course his wife is going to hold it against him but, if she was honest with herself the first approach she took made his reaction completely understandable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just plain stupid!

carindenniscarindennisalmost 2 years ago

If it walked like a slut and quacks like a slut....

Still - good story, correct ending. 4 stars.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funalmost 2 years ago

Drole

FireFox59: you missed, I think, the careful, understated way he mocked Literotica Cliches

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So so. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Did you get bored with this? It was like a fire alarm with no fire.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

The only good thing about this story was that it was only one page so it didn’t waste too much of my time!

rodryder44rodryder44almost 2 years ago

Unexpected ending. Okay, you're not a one trick pony, now what?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"From the age of sixteen she had gone through boyfriends like a young kid would go through a bag of candy. I'd done the same thing........."

So Bob went through boyfriends too? This explains so much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

SUPER Waiting for following chapters.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

This makes ZERO fucking sense. No consistency, the timelines don’t match up and there is no fucking explanation. .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That's it!?!?!?! It took more time to write this comment about it than it did to read it. And neither was worth the time....

maninconnmaninconnalmost 2 years ago
Well that was certainly a twist!

Ok Bob, you get the unexpected plot turn award today. You had us already riled up and ready to Burn The Cookie and BAM! you left us looking at expired dough.

Thanks for writing!

PmillPmillalmost 2 years ago

Naaaa... Not happening... All the ingredients for a cake. You can't turn it into a glass of lemonade

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Thats the story? The whole thing?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Those nights out are healthy for a relationship but not when they are consistent every week . Once in a while is ok but when you mix men , woman dancing and drinking it will eventually become a problem. There are cheaters and people who say they never will but anyone can fall in the perfect timing and the more opportunity the higher the chance of something happening. I also consider lunch at work or after work drinks if it’s with the opposite sex to me is a form of cheating , emotional cheating is Al’s just as bad . Just a kiss to me would be end of marriage. Harsh but just how I feel

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 2 years ago

Nope, you walked right up to and then jumped over the "too fucking cute" line with this one. Sorry

green117green117almost 2 years ago
Nah - I think it was all on me...

Which is to say, my comment on "Bob and Sally" could be copied onto this one.

My comment on "Sucks to be Bob" can be copied onto this one too.

I think maybe Bob decided I have given him permission to stress the commentariat...

Nah. He'd do it anyway. I mean, you know Penn and Teller? Magicians? They show you the hat, they show you the rabbit... you are still amazed at the rabbit in the hat?

Kinda like that.

Green-something

(I mean, I like this kind of thing - meta works for me.)

(getting close to time to retire this handle...)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a JPB "story". The 'looks' of the predator never really matter. The thing Bob doesn't mention, beyond the 150 lbs overweight, is the 9" black cock the predator is hiding waiting for the protagonist to lower his guard. As it is in all JPB stories, this sucked. Lots of buildup with no return on investment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Horse Shit

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...