All Comments on 'Interlude: Country Hospitality'

by James Cody

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Keeping engine running...

I only got through the first few paragraphs before I decided to comment on your lack of knowledge about cars...

First: The serpentine belt isn't the timing belt... it's the accessory belt.

Second: If you could run the engine without the belt, you wouldn't need her to tow you to the nearest town in the first place - it doesn't drive the wheels.

Third: You wouldn't want to keep the engine running without the belt. You would likely destroy your engine. The belt's there for a reason...it drives the water pump, the power steering pump, the alternator, and the air conditioner compressor. Without the water pump circulating the coolant, your engine would overheat in a few minutes. By the time she towed you to the nearest town, your engine would likely be cooked! Your power steering wouldn't work, either, and every electrical accessory in the car would be draining the battery, since the alternator wouldn't be supplying the electrical power.

So, if in real life, your belt breaks, DON"T run your engine, period!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

I thoroughly enjoyed the entire story and the story line itself, minimizing the automotive parts would have streamlined others screwing with you and otherwise you have provided readers the opportunity of excellent options. BRAVO!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good story betrayed by lack of knowledge.

I'd have to agree - your lack of automotive knowledge distracts from an otherwise good story. I know Hollywood gets away with a total disregard for the facts but you've written a story dependent on cars as it's core setting and the number of mistakes lets the story down. Best not to pretend you know what your talking about when you clearly do not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I thought perhaps that ...

... the number of errors and obvious lack of any Proof Reading indicated that this might be your first story, so I looked at your profile and realised I was wrong!!

So -

1) Check the difference between ‘waiving’ and ‘waving’

2) “Just keep you engine running and follow my lead …” With a broken timing belt how on earth is he going to keep the engine running?? By the way, that should be ‘your engine’!

3) Check “your” and “you’re”!

4) “…diligently waiting while I scratched his hears and side." - ‘hears’?

5) “I let Alice take my hand and she lead us into the cool water …” - ‘led’!

If you go to Literotica; Index; Volunteer Editors you might find someone willing to help you!

verbicideverbicidealmost 10 years ago
Thank you

I gave the story five stars. Lack of general automotive knowledge notwithstanding, of the trio of stories I've read this morning, this is the only one even marginably readable. Your plot is clear. Your sentences are well constructed, with good grammar and proper punctuation. Even when you write in dialect, you don't allow the language to become sloppy.

All in all, a pleasant little erotic story. Thank you.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisteralmost 10 years ago
parroting anonymous commenters

Research about unfamiliar topics before including them as plot points sounds like a good idea. Specifically automotive knowledge.

Just stick to the sexual escapades

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

HOT HOT HOT.......

A wonderful story and sharing of raw personal feelings and hot sex between two people !

You need to write another chapter where Colin does stay and Alice helps him build a new life from his wife's passing.

We need more hot sex from this couple in the way they took each other and shared it together that first time.

They write his book together. This is one of the BEST stories I have read on this site in all the years I have been doing so. Thank you.............

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
if you don't

If you don't know about automotive mechanics either do research about it or when you look for the editor that you need, find one that does.

A potentially good story, the major flaws keep it from greatness.

James CodyJames Codyalmost 10 years agoAuthor
from the author ...

Be on the lookout for an edited version, hopefully addressing the concern over the narrator's lack of automotive knowledge. However I do appreciate the time you all took to comment.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous