All Comments on 'Ghost Driver'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
funksofunksoover 8 years ago

That was without a doubt one of your best stories in a long time, and I say that as a big admirer of your tales. It gave us plenty of past characters for fun, tied back into your Halloween stuff, and just way too fucking cool.

I loved the update to Ghost Rider, I loved the details of his back story and how you brought it all through the tale. I loved where and how it ended. I could have used some more mustang love - more talk about the awesomeness of the devil's car, but I'll take what I can get.

The story was inventive, it was fairly original - it was a twist on the story we all know and love, and the quality was SS06 great.

Please, please, please give us a lot more - you're the best. I know I'm fangirling, but that story was just great.

dylan954dylan954over 8 years ago
Outstanding

Like funkso I am a great admirer of your writing and love the stories, however, the recent stories have somehow lacked your usual flare but this is OUTSTANDING. Great story line, wonderfully unbelievable characters, the return of well loved do-gooders and last but by no means least the return a cliff hanger ending so we know there is another story out there. Thanks you for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
??

Appropriate story for to-day. Must have been a hell of a job to write this one. but I rather read your other stories. Therefore 4* in stead of the usual 5.

OmniferisOmniferisover 8 years ago
next?

Is there going to be more? Who is the message for?

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Very Good Story

This is a fine way to celebrate Halloween. The sequel will be on Oct 31, 2016?

The cop certainly must be super sexy. Poor Callie only that one sin? She has the right to have a bit of fun.......

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hey asshole of Lit, yes you dear annony Get a brain!!!

EVERYONE pisses you off. I say SS is one of the best writers on Lit and you can go to hell. I gave SS a 5 for all his stories he writes some great emotional stories and doesn't have to apologize to you or anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not again

Sorry anony, Stangstub isn't one of the best authors on Lit. He's one of the worst. 12 pages? Really? A decent editor would have cut it to two. It's just the same story this author always writes. The names get changed, but it's the same story, over and over and over and over. I think there must be ten thousand of them. He must have a program to randomly generate names for the same story. I think the program spit out "ghost" for this one. Interminable and dreary. Just God awful.

Jack99Jack99over 8 years ago

Cue the anonymous haters whining at the length. I for one really liked this story, and was happy to see all the old Halloween characters again. I suppose some people just want a page or two of graphic sex, but Stangs stories pack of lot of entertainment in them, an i think the length is just right! Thanks Stang, and ignor the assholes with the short attention span, and even lower self esteem!

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 8 years ago
Calm down about community colleges

Anonymous needs to calm down. The negative comments about community colleges were transparently said by a self-pitying character and not necessarily the opinion of the author. Part of the visceral reaction to the comments comes from the fact that, while not true, they are commonly held and, in this case, very powerfully stated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

What a roller coaster ride of a story!!! Loved the reappearance of the nuns. Time spent reading this story was time well spent, forcing my mind to take leaps away from the humdrum and inanities of normalcy. Thank you Stang, and keep on rolling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
nice ties

Enjoyed Your story, (yup it's a story, not the great American novel). Lets see, you referenced two movies, and five of your story lines. Not bad. Keep writing. Good lead in to second story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Actually anon was "right on" about negative cuts on community colleges

SS does owe an apology for degrading those schools. And you "elitist" who want to defend the degrading..well, pack sand. SS has became a sorry author.

jasjonjasjonover 8 years ago
Great Read

Cheating wives, the Sisters and a supernatural 'Stang? How could it get better? Another great Halloween story, SS06.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
That story was hard to read...

... and I had enough after 3 pages. One of the extremely worse stories of SS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I agree..

this story was not good. Too much story lines which were crossing again and again. I think it affects mainly that stupid american Halloween day why each of these american idiots think the story was great.

revkilljoyrevkilljoyover 8 years ago
5 🌟

More Ghost driver stories please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good to see...

...some old friends again. This was another fun read and was really surprised to see the leather nuns tie in to the Ghost Rider. Now if you could only put one of them on a Harley Heritage. I honestly enjoyed this one very much.

5* +.

Fuddpucker

CSD2CSD2over 8 years ago
Your Supernatural Tales Rock

Outside of being a few pages too long due to your discriptions of the female form or the inner workings of various Mustangs, your world of Witches, werewolves, vampires, fighting Nuns, and even RABS work for me.

Good use of the Ghost Rider mythos. Better than the two movies, actually. And Prudence needs her own separate story. MACE wielding Amazons need love, too.

Good job. Thanks for the tale.

wonder203wonder203over 8 years ago
Great!

You have such an imagination! Love your stories!

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
Another good halloween story by SS06...

Another good halloween story by SS06...And even using some of his old characters...3*

noone_atallusnoone_atallusover 8 years ago
Great story

Quite possibly your best! I always like reading your stories, but your paranormal stories are the best!

noone_atallusnoone_atallusover 8 years ago
To the Anonymous who wrote the "I agree.." comment..

Hey dumbass, check your facts.

Halloween is not an American holiday! Hell it's not even a real holiday in the U.S., like Christmas or New Years. It's more like a day (or night) of observation/celebration of a tradition passed down from our European heritage!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bad attempt at halloween humor

Just fell flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Coudn't get past page 5. Just too lame, silly, and boring.

Maybe after I finish watching the paint dry, I'll find finishing this story worth the effort. But probably not. But thanks for trying. Happy Hollow Weenie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Rip off

Just a straight rip off of the Harry Dresden novels. Fun for halloween but not an original work. Sorry SS06, you are one of my favorite authors and this was an okay read BUT it smacked of plagiarism.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Enjoyed a lot of this

story and I thank you for sharing with us.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 8 years ago
Well, that was different!

An Halloween special, I bet?

Different for you, SS, an interesting

experiment, I'd say...

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 8 years ago
TOTALLY DIFFERENT -

and TOTALLY enjoyable! I really got into this one! So different... yet, still so much a true B T B !

love2lickU2love2lickU2over 8 years ago
Love your Halloween Stories!!!

It was good to see the Sisters of Fate again. I haven't been lurking on the site lately so i was pleasantly surprised to see you write another story with them in it! My favorite is still "Burn The Witches" when you had a mash-up of all your paranormal characters! That scene where Chrissie passed Chris & Sarah doing over 200 MPH was hilarious!!! I hope you decide to more stories like that one...it was awesome!

Dusty

funksofunksoover 8 years ago
Damn guys...

You must have not been reading the same story I was... sure it was a tad long, but I don't mind a bit of flowery description here and there. I don't like it all the time, but when writing an epic there's value in it - and I definitely see the tale as that sort of writing. Not talking quality, but tone and stage setting and story.

As for the negative community college thing - that was totally what the character thought. I've been to community college and to a university, and I see value in both - community college was much more skills and technical based, and university was a lot more theory and learning how to learn, for me. But for the character in the story they saw it as a negative. I do think we overvalue degrees these days, but I don't for a second read into it as the authors thoughts.

As for it being a rip off of Dresden? Not the books I've read. Seriously, when you're working in wizards and vampires and werewolves, oh my! it's hard to remain at all out of the realm of doing things that have /never/ been done before.... all you can do is put your own spin on it. I think it was very effectively done here.

I do think Callie got off a bit too lightly for what she did in ignorance and she went along with things even when she had her doubts... I also started feeling sympathetic for the wife. Sure, she shouldn't go planning her husband's murder - but he was pretty determined to take everything from her, including the child (although who would blame him with Mike around). She really regretted it, and in the end she did lose everything including the child. So, yeah, there's a little sympathy there - I don't think that's a bad thing though at the end of the day.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
Very different and a lot of fun

The Halloween theme was timely. SS06 let all his creativity loose for this one.

btw, I loved the references to Chrissy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Really enjoy your Halloween themed stories. Any hints on who is the human that the angels can't stand, the one whose name starts with A and even the nuns don't want to mention his name in case he shows up?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Can't wait,

but WILL wait, as patiently as I can for the next installment. Great stuff, Stanger.

LostriderLostriderover 8 years ago
Great

Always great. Please keep writing your stores are always fun to read. Thank you for the read.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Stang gets better and better

This story should be made into a movie or a Josh Whedon tv series. Great characters. I could see the flaming Stang roaring down the highway in the middle of the night. And the poor dumb kid who summoned the demon and got two. Penance seriously needs to get laid. For that matter, so does the detective (although Terry will take care of that if he hasn't already).

cap5356cap5356over 8 years ago
great writing

always love reading your stories as the are full of excitement. keep up the good work there

looking4itlooking4itover 8 years ago

A truly classic SS06 story. It was fun to read some familiar characters to go with a new story. Crazy, selfish, psycho wife again but she wasn't the full focus of the story so it read easier. I thought it funny as well that a demon chaser could come back and resume a life taken from him. Will we get to se Terry (um, DB) comolete Michael's request?

LVGirlLVGirlover 8 years ago
Terrific

SS06, this has to be your top Halloween story, maybe your best story ever. What great fun. Thanks!

StangStar06StangStar06over 8 years agoAuthor
Hi guys and ladies

Normally I just peruse the comments and let them go the way they are. I'm a realist. And I truly wish that some of you were as well. I realize that the stories I write aren't everyone's cup of tea. Most of them are too long for readers who need something quick to jack off to, but that was never my intent. I honestly thought that the reason for coming to a story site was to ...Read? My real world divorce was actually stranger than anything I've ever written. I came out of the divorce with an almost fantasy relationship that is so much better than I deserved. I love it when people like what I write. I don't mind it when people don't. In actuality I've head lots of spirited email conversations with people who haven't liked a story but had the balls to email me or write a comment and use their name so I could respond to it. It takes no courage to hide in the dark behind anonymity when you make a comment.

And for most of you anons please remember that you are only here because I allow it. I have never done so but I can delete any comment I choose. For those of you who've wondered why some of the best writers lit has ever seen, no longer post here you now have the answer. There are more than a couple of writers whose character or plots I've borrowed who've told me that they just got tired of beating their heads against the wall. My head is pretty thick so I'm not going anywhere.

Lastly I really have to talk about the community college thing. Those of you who've been around for a while know that I went to Michigan and I'm proud of it. But I recently gave up the engineering Field and went back to school for a career change. I just graduated from a community college. I have nothing against them. In fact I'm just as proud of my second degree as I was the first. And as some of you who actually read the story saw. There were no negative comments against community colleges. It was simply the character Callie pointing out how she and some other characters felt. Another thing I have to point out is that I got that bit from some of my former classmates. They made the comments not because there was anything wrong with a community college but because they felt less than because they didn't go to a bigger school. I should also point out that every single member of my graduating class is already working in our field, I know lots of people from bigger more famous colleges who aren't. The true test of any institution is whether or not it prepares you to succeed in your chosen field. Go School! wherever and whichever one you choose.

SS06

pumpdaddy71pumpdaddy71over 8 years ago
thank you

just wanted to thank you for the story

I enjoy reading what you write.

thanks for sharing your hard work

mavir9mavir9over 8 years ago
Flash to the past

SS06, as I started to read this story I found myself wondering if I had mistakenly selected an older story, only to realize that you were bringing back characters from the past for this Holloween script. What an enjoyment it was to read. Thanks again.

laguna783laguna783over 8 years ago
Besides a Flash in the Past

I must admit I enjoyed this story, it was as you said a bit of fun and nothing serious, now you usually finish a story but the last paragraph tells me different is that so?

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Community Colleges

Having spent more than sixty years in elite universities I see the comments against the community colleges as purely window dressing to make the person speaking a bigger asshole. Exactly being in an elite university or not can be a purely economic problem or a social problems that caused you to turn off during high school. The important question is about resources and motivation. Back sixty years ago the Yale library offered an enormous advantage to scholars working there. But today via Internet those resources are available to everyone who is sufficiently motivated.

That leaves principally the question of are you hungry for knowledge or not... That describes many students in community colleges.

cw159cw159over 8 years ago
I absolutely love...

...the warrior nuns. We need to see more of them. Plus bringing in a new Ghost Rider was a great touch. Overall, I enjoyed the story and the length was needed to tell the entire story.

I read your comments about going back to school at a Community College. When I went to a CC, I was an older student and I became friends with one of my Political Science professors. He told me that, with a M.A., he was actually paid more than his sister who had her PhD and was a professor at Purdue. So which school do you think got the better teachers?

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Good Read. Not much LW!

I almost always love reading a Stangster tale, and this is no exception. Similar to some, the LW aspect was NOT a major aspect if the tale. The Bull was a MUCH more critical player than Sweetie! She mainly served to be a generic True Love of Our Hero (Dead or Alive) (oops-Dead AND Alive?) who got nailed (not very convincingly explored or developed) by Our Villian. Much better considered as Non-Human, or Fantasy & SciFi!

On the CommCollege/MajUniv question ... For the Lower Division (Frosh & Soph) years, a student usually has a choice of a class conducted by a Grad Student with little or no training or interest in teaching (and whose main interest is in completing his or her OWN degree) OR one taught by a Masters or Doctorate holder who IS interested in teaching, and who is primarily evaluated on that basis!

5*

coffeekid63coffeekid63over 8 years ago
I'd have given it a 5!!

I'd have given it a 5 but nobdy got laid!!! :) Great job as always thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow

great writing as usual.

The story had so many things that could continue.

I was a bit depressed to read about mason the vampires nun warrior girlfriend dying :(

Unless she came back as a vampire and thats a pending story?

The ghost rider thing was nice.

This could be a series.

Now the message, why did that remind me of a series of books about the demon accords?

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
The best!!!!

In my humble opinion all of these stories should be put together in a full length book. Then they would probably be made into a most interesting movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Better and Better

I like the way you are developing these characters. Is there a novel in the offing? Your stories improve with each new submission. I look forward to your next one long before I finish the one you've just published, This is a top-rated story,''

Bob

AlberothAlberothover 8 years ago
Great read...

I am really liking this story arc. The characters are all developing nicely.

I think that the recruitment scene would have been more interesting if, just after the protagonist's car went over the edge, time slows down and he hears a voice from the passengers seat saying 'This is fun... boy do I have a deal for you!'. And then time speeds up again and then it steps into your recruitment sequence. But on the whole it worked as is.

Keep ip the good work!

OmniferisOmniferisover 8 years ago
who

who was michale talking about at the end of the story?

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Strange story

I just couldn't get into it and stopped reading it at the end of page one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Outstanding

Absolutely outstanding. Pound sand if you read here for literary perfection. Read all of SS06 and laugh, smile, and escape for a brief while.

mopar_guymopar_guyover 7 years ago
Funny

I really liked the part about the Dodge Ram pushing the little Mustang off of a cliff.

I enjoy your writing, keep up the good work.

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozover 7 years ago
What's this frogshit?

Didn't get far.

I tried twice to get into this.

Perhaps I have a low threshold for (pseudo) religious bullshit.

I suggest you keep on wanking until the world makes more sense.

Perhaps the gullible will follow you wherever you're headed

Or, alternatively, you go back to taking the tablets.

More disappointing than the usual car fetish but I guess 12 pages provides plenty of opportunity for the usual crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What great fun

Funny. Great characters. I'd give it a 10, but am limited to a 5. Awesome. Thank you.

Avid_DanithAvid_Danithover 7 years ago
Mason & Piety, what happened?

I'm reading in sort of alphabetical order so I'm getting the timeline wrong. Read Ghost Driver first, then My Torinquet and then Sisters of Fate. There are references to November and Chrissie. Every time you make a reference in your storyline about some other couple or some short tale, I keep thinking that here's a clue that SS06 has written another masterpiece which I haven't yet come across.

Your wives that cheat in the majority of your stories seem to be all the same character just different names and not as fleshed out as the protagonist or his later love. But I don't really mind that as I absolutely enjoy the way you spin your tales. You keep me coming back for more.

What has happened between My Torinquet and Ghost Driver? What story am I missing? Please say you've not simply bumped them off. And could you please write a Reader Reference giving a clue about the reading order and explain references made in your stories? Just put that in How To section (How To Read StangStar06 stories)

Love your work SS06

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 LOved it. Keep writing!!

drive the asshole of LIT crazy!! He's retarded and insane and needs to be banned and put in a home

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 7 years ago
Dude even a legend like you, a fave of mine, could save this

One star.yuck

mordbrandmordbrandabout 6 years ago
Piety and Mason

Both were killed by Papa Tula in Burning the witches ch2. I am unsure of who the person that the archangel wants taken out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Entertainment on the rocks!

Nice twist to a familiar story line. You just can't help it. You always gives us a fun time & leave us smiling.

Keep writing the long ones.

Virgo6Virgo6about 5 years ago
The long ones

It is obvious when you are inspired.. The quality of your story's does tend to mirror the length of them. This story , 8 mile and private eyes for example, are incredible.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 5 years ago
Excellent

I loved the story and would love to see a sequel.

LostlurkerLostlurkerover 4 years ago
Help?

Any idea if there is a story connected to his next mission? It sounds interesting.

Great story btw. Loves it. The chrissie one too.

Welsh_GentWelsh_Gentover 4 years ago
what is the sequence of these stories!

The yellow mustang at the end I assume is Chrissie, the fighting nuns are in other stories like sisters of fate! Would like to see a list from start to finish!

graadoograadooover 4 years ago
Another awesome story

Looks like StarStang06 hasn't written in a while, hoping you come back. If you do think you can include a 73 convertible Mustang, getting to rebuild mine from frame up, sigh. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
graadoo,

If you Goggle his name, you will find his later/more recent stories at another site.

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeabout 4 years ago
All the little tidbits.

Its highly interesting of all the references and similarities this story crisscrossed,namely Ghost Rider,Lord of the Rings,Star Wars,Twilight,and so many others,but they were good mentions.

Now sadly I was upset that Terry was betrayed by Darleen not once but twice,she basically claimed to love Terry but her true feelings ensured she had nothing but hatred for him by cheating on him because she was just plain evil,and because Terry seen her for who she was left her to wallow in her own misery and be with the man she cheated with,and convinced themselves they were better than Terry they plotted to kill him.

And Darleen fooled herself into thinking she could get Terry back once their baby was born but Stupid Darleen still stayed with that asshole drug dealer and murderer Mike.Only Terry came back as a messenger for both heaven and hell.So both Darleen and Mike essentually paid for their crimes,and Darleen got locked up in the nuthouse as punishment,and Mike got dragged to hell for eternity.

Darleen sadly may have repented for killing Terry when she looked into that soulfire but she still had to pay for her sins,and hopefully her daughter and mother never had to see Darleen again locked up in that insane asylum,and Terry and Maggie lived happily ever after with Darleen's Mom and his Daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One reaps, what one sows

Vampires, demons, a witch, (Wannabe) drug lord, another screwed up broad, a detective, a messenger who works both sides of fence and no one thought to bring HELL in a basket ? Didn’t anyone get the memo? And did anyone remember not attempt to kill the messenger because he would sooner kill ya than shoot back, not seeing a problem on last part !!

Great to see familiar characters back yet back and couple new ones, 5 stars !!!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Great story! Love reading about the nuns again. Gonna love reading about Maggie and DB Slade also. Thank-you

tinfoilhattinfoilhatover 2 years ago

This story could go on.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Awesome story is there another ghpst rider part 2 ? Hopes so story was enjoyed n appreciated. Goood work thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Complicated, sad, but welcomed back the ensemble cast of characters. At least none died like Piety did.

Implied a lead to a future adventure, eh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is there a prequel or sequel available? If so what are the tittles?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid, and no likable characters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

C'mon man! This is sci-fi gobbley-gook! What made you think it was LW?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Chaotic and thougj a bit entertaining, there was no complexity of plot or character. Terry was Old Testament wrath and temper with a vindictive side when betrayed. Darleen was cheating slut who just got worse and worse until she conspired to murder her husband. We barely even get to know Maggie. The Sisters of Fate were mostly comic relief. Somehow Callie, a lonely teenager with nautical powers is not held accountable for some pretty serious stuff, well beyond summoning Pyhtius and by accident Agravon. For pity's sake she was inviting people to the second party after seeing people slaughtered at the first rave. Michael was somehow Terry's best friend, who Terry knew had a torch for his wife, but in reality Michael wad just a turdblossom. Ok maybe the newbie nun, Praise was kind of nice but she doesn't have much of a role. 4 stars for creativity but kind of chaotic.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

4 stars. I'm conflicted on how to score this one. Well written, entertaining, and way, way too long.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Hoping you may have written others but not grouped them into a series. BardnotBard

UncleGrahamUncleGraham5 months ago

That was hard for me to follow. A bumpy ride. Only a four this time.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFire4 months ago

I actually enjoyed this one more than your usual works. I will say that I’m on darleens side in one respect. He was gonna take her baby away from her. No real mom would have let him live.

DuncanitaDuncanita2 months ago

Dangit! You should bind all these connected stories into 1 big serie so it's easier to read ornto follow... this is 1 epic story with a lot of cameo's...

ImshakenImshakenabout 2 months ago

StarStang06: Such an enjoyable read! Very entertaining! Thank you for sharing your creation!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice take on GR. Hopefully you are working for Marvel now.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Disney 'live' action movie? (Its hot?)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous