All Comments on 'Becoming A Slut Husband: Jake'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
Well, damn

That is one REALLY screwed up marriage. And all because she has that post partum something or other. She needed psychiatric treatment desperately but you can't force them, I guess. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
And it was a sad thing!

That was no kind of life to live ... why would she even want to stay with him?

Good story, Bob!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
ok, but........

This was an ok start, but its begging for a part two, or even a part three. You got us interested, don't leave us hanging! Nice work.

Tim C.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
I have Been there and done that

been there and done that.... my wife did NOT lose a baby but after the 2nd kind was born (they are now in the pre teens years 8 and 10 ) I went have been thru SEVERAL extremely long stretches with No sex no affection from my wiofe...

One time I went 17 months with no sex from her and when I complained about it she screamed at me.." if you wnat sex go find a whore..."

I dont drink I dont gamlbe I dont look at a lot of porn . I work from home and when the kids are sick I am always there so she doesnt have to be. I cook really well and we have great middle size house.

But a man can only take it so long. I have begged her to see a therapist and she has not.... " I make $70/k a year so I couldnt possbly have a problem..."

and she has been on 2 anti depressants in the last 5 years. But she goes off of them for some reason from time to time.

Thus I step out when I can. I would giove it up in a second if she would express even minor sxual interest in me... once or twice a month. But I cant stayed married with a woman who tells me to go find a whore and never saw then need to apologize of those awful remarks. ... I do so the kids and their stability.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Do the right thing

Get a fucking divorce!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Pathetic Situation

Postpartum depression is bad enough, but when it is coupled with the loss of the baby, bad things can happen. It amazes me when I hear about wives who just withdraw and don't try to get out of their pit of unhappiness. This is a well-drawn story, not quite the simple tales I'm used to in the BaS{H/W} series. I agree with another poster that a followup with the wife and husband communicating would be welcome. Good job.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Real sample of life in the world, just dramatized

The sad thing is there are too many people who will not go for any kind of therapy or even admission to a friend that there is a problem in their relationship. It is not an unusual reaction as some might think.

Most are afraid they will be blamed and made out to be a horrible person so they deny anything is wrong. It normally takes a trauma of some kind to make that person have to confront the problem. In some cases it is this confrontation of the infidelity that can actually save a marriage. I’d have to write a book to explain it, but it does happen many times. Sorry to say though most times it will end in to much hurt and memories to say it last a long time. Some do most cannot get over the pain and images.

This was a very good story to me. This happens by depression not being delt with or even acknowledge.

Thank you

PT

TLeeTLeeover 17 years ago
Harry is a dumb fuck

kind was born?

from my wiofe?

I went have been thru?

if you wnat sex?

I don't gamlbe?

I would giove it up?

even minor sxual interest in me?

cant stayed married?

never saw then need?

I do so the kids and their stability?

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
This one's for you, Harry

Harry, it's your life so do what you will.

That said, I cannot imagine remaining in a marriage with so little love between the partners. Other than your children, is there any reason to stay where you are? I admit that loving your kids is a powerful motivation but they're about to reach the age where they're going to start wondering why Mom and Dad aren't like other parents. What will you tell them when they ask?

As a product of a dysfunctional family, I believe they'll grow up better in an environment where truth and love are commonplace. I wish my childhood had been like that but it wasn't. It affected me when I grew to manhood and probably does still even today.

As a person who suffers from chronic depression, I can affirm what the pharmaceutical industry would just as soon you not know: anti-depressants slowly lose their effectiveness over time. The three medications I've taken all did (celexa, prozac and welbutrin). The "magic bullets" that the drug industry wants to sell us are no panaceas.

Your wife is in denial as I was. Therapy from a physiopsychologist helped me understand the bad wiring in my head and provided me with a set of lifestyle changes that have helped me deal with the condition. Mine is a classic case of low serotonin levels. I was a successful professional making a good salary until my boss killed himself from job-related stress. His suicide triggered my bout of chronic depression and it took me three years to stop denying that I was sick and start looking for help. In the interim, I lost my six-figure-a-year job, most of my friends and all of my self-respect.

I cannot emphasize too strongly the need for your wife to seek professional help. Denial is a powerful enemy because no one wants to think they're sick. I didn't. I've no doubt that I would've taken my own life had I not gotten help.

If she means anything to you, figure out someway, somehow to get her to a qualified professional. I state this from personal experience: if she's sick, then the day is coming when it will all come unwound. When that day comes, I think you won't want your children to see it. And if she's not sick, then you have a whole different set of problems to deal with but you have to start somewhere.

Best of luck to you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
To TLee

go fuck your self then send your mom over here.

I wrote my original post in a hurry without proof reading it... which was my fault.

It should of said this

===============

been there and done that.... my wife did NOT lose a baby but after the 2nd kid was born (they are now in the pre teens years of 8 and 10 I went thru SEVERAL extremely long stretches with No sex no affection from my wife...

In one interval I went 17 months with no sex from her and when I tried to talk to her about it she screamed at me.." if you wnat sex go find a whore..."

I dont drink... I dont gamble... I dont spend my free time looking at a lot of porn. I work from home and when the kids are sick I am always there so she doesnt have to be. I cook really well and we have great middle size house.

But a man can only take it so long. I have begged her to see a therapist and she has not.... to quote my wife "I make $70/k a year so I couldnt possbly have a problem..."

She has been on 2 anti depressants in the last 5 years. But she goes off of them for some reason from time to time.

Thus I step out when I can. I would give it up in a second if she would express even minor sexual interest in me... something like once or twice a month. But I cant stayed married with a woman who tells me to go find a whore and never sees a need to apologize of those awful remarks. ... I do so the kids and their stability.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
TO ALVARON

One of the reasons I stick around is b/c I know there is decent person in there -- my wife -- somewhere trying to come out.

I have a moral/ ehtical issue leaving someone when I promised to take care of them in sickness and in health. Of course if she ever recovers and still doesnt wnat me... I am soooo gone. But right now I dont what the truth is...

I dont know how much of her lack of sexual interest is simply based on the fact that she doesnt want me Or is based on her depression. As Long as she doesnt cheat on me... I will stay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
flat line

the honesty of husband was there, just sort of pathertic the marriage deteriorated to that point. flat lined perhaps, for good, absent interest of linda.

one comment is probably correct, divorce.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Best one I think.

As someone said...a bit dramatic! But it does outline severely what seems to happen for one reason or another. My wife lost inerest in sex after the first few years and no matter what I did to sex it up failed. She never turned me down but she would basically just lie there after the first child was born. We grew apart only as far as the sexual intimacy was concerned, and I have been mentally distraught for years. We are a loving couple in all other ways but sexually. I have communicated my concerns continually over the years and I can tell it bothers her, but she cannot and does not really explain the whys of her lack of interest. She even tried hormone pills but it messed up her cycle something awful and she gave it up. I could not bring myself to cheat in any way over the years and so have had to utilize porn and now literotica stories for sexual stimulus. Oh, I can still get it when I want, but like I said there is no response from her to encourage me in any way... Oh well, I have read your stories and can see the many situations that can cause a man to cheat. I wish now that maybe I had done so over the years to force the issue. However, I spent all of my money and time for and with my family instead...of women. I tried a few times here lately to find another woman but after 28 years with one woman I love... Besides, the women all know that I am married and that I have an extremely attractive wife. I am not young enough to be marriage material or a sexy stud anymore. And I just can't let her go because I want to have a companion to grow older with. She is a delight in all other ways. Maybe this is another story plot? No? I guess not because I haven't or will not cheat on her just for sex...

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
Almost there

But the last 3 lines were like a bucket of cold water.

Sorry but reality sucks.

He could get a divorce and wear the ring. After a few years I would like that it would wear thin, great sex no life, no partner.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
IF YOUR PARTNER MOVES ON

it should be further that a wall away. TK U MLJ LV NV

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read***

A little flat at the end! Thanks for sharing.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
so why stay ?

Some may argue that he committed to her in sickness and health.

But what she did is considered a form of abandonment, in those states that allow divorce for cause it is a legal cause.

If she had packed up and left him would you say he owed it to her to stay married?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
An interesting take on the coward's way to a divorce

It seems to me that they both know their marriage is over. Rather than trash each other, why not just have a little talk, agree the marriage is over and file for an amicable divorce? He's simply waiting around for her to find out and file for divorce. Maybe he wants to save the filing fees and the expense of her attorney? He would have been better off agreeing to a divorce with her, use one attorney, file together and still save a bunch. Or maybe she doesn't want a divorce? I guess that's a possibility. Figure out your own ending. Bob ain't talking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Please Finish This Story

I rarely offer a plea for a continuation of a story, but this one demands it. I do however understand his plight. My wife and I went through an 8-year period of no sex. It makes me feel like I have lived my life for no reason.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
another problem

One of the side effects of some anti-depressants is that they seriously lower the libido.

So even if you or your SO get on anti-depressants there is no guarantee that a sex life will resume.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

This was such a sad story. They were deeply in love until they lost the baby... and her depression destroyed them. Tragic...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

usually with this situation, you try to convince the spouse to get help, then you get family and friends to do a intervention. Next you sit your spouse down and either give them two alternatives, one I am going to look for sex elsewhere,or I am filing for a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finish it, please

We need to actually see how this ends, it's quite unsatisfying otherwise. The author has a bad habit of not finishing his stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Pretty good story so far but it does need a conclusion.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 2 years ago

It really was too sad, a bit depressing a story with no resolution, it needs an ending and a confrontation with the wife.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Well, he was definitely a slut husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why bother staying together ?????? Crazy (jaybee186)

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Good, sad story! It was all too believable.

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Cheating on the wife doesn't fix the problem. He should live with it or divorce her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is kind of like a half story. Why doesn’t do something about Linda? Like divorce her or if he really loves her get her some mental help. He’s going to get a STD sooner or later, even though he’s have a good time getting it..

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 1 year ago

Interesting! Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That’s it? DMW aka Sumnut

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story, horrible reason for it (lose a child), and I would have liked to read about the divorce and its details.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Where's the ending? FTDS!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Miscarriages can be really rough on a woman. She needed psychiatric help. Her asexual behavior is a shield to her pain for fear of getting pregnant again and losing another child. He took an ignoble approach. She didn't ask to be in pain and misery. He just decided to abandon her there in her asexual isolation without a fight. Uggh.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

story TAGS