All Comments on 'A Ticket to Ride'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 225 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
ONCE GIVEN YOUR TICKET

nobody seems to care about your hari-kari intentions, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Shit like this isn't erotic, it doesn't belong on this site. It's just sad, pathetic little men sitting around congratulating themselves on how much better they are then women. This is what's wrong with loving wives.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Great Story

Eventually the bill for your misdeeds has to be paid. Where cheating is concerned, the whole family winds up paying the bill in pain, suffering and sadness. Whether it is a cheating wife, or cheating husband, to price is the same - pain for all who are invested in the relationship. What is the best answer to a cheating spouse? If we had unlimited time to grow into some kind of enlightened beings, perhaps we could truly learn to forgive such a betrayal. Those that stay with cheaters really don't forgive, they learn to "suck it up". Sucking it up may work for soldiers at war, but it has no place in a marriage. We have limited time and limited capacity for pain. The ONLY answer is to move on, and get away from people that are destructive of you. Enemies hurt you, friends do not hurt you. If you are married to an enemy you have a problem that can be solved by divorce. Love they enemy does not mean give them free reign to hurt you. It means, try to understand them, forgive them and get away from them.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

I've come to the conclusion that cheaters are low-life assholes who only care about their genitalia. They only have regrets after they are caught. "It was only sex. It didn't mean anything. I only love you." That is their excuse. This fine tale shows the consequences. Excellent work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hey anonymous

The reason we do that is because women like you cheat on men that don't deserve to be cheated on we treat you like gods and get shit on instead.

Btw good job stand like usual

dmhackdmhackover 10 years ago
So, let me get this straight...

...the daughter doesn't mention that dear old dad had married and moved on until they're all up at the cabin? What a little bitch. How did she think things would shake out after blindsiding her own mother? If she truly wanted to make peace, an introductory lunch between the two women might have been a good place to start.

And what of Brad? Shouldn't he have been fired when the facts of the affair became clear just as John promised? Guess not. Then again, it seemed Saint Danny got a free ride on his blind rage too. Men sure do get off lucky, huh?

But what disturbs me most about this tale is how the author continues to portray women as dumb as dirt. They are more caricatures than characters. Women aren't so lucky, huh?

Oh, and the red light blow job ticket story has been done before. The only difference between the two stories is that the original treated the woman as an actual human being.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 10 years ago
Huh

Still building your woman characters out of cardboard and bullshit, eh?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good wordsmith

Thanks for writing, Stang Star. You are an excellent wordsmith and a good writer but I have to tell you that there was so much misery in this story that I had trouble reading and finishing it. We are turned on by emotion, yes, but misery can go too far. .

Reader67Reader67over 10 years ago
Another winner

ss06 sack your proof reader, who is Ashley ? One minute our main protagonist is talking to Lauren & next minute she is Ashley & then back to Lauren !

RhomanovRhomanovover 10 years ago
Hmmmmmm

Not sure I liked this one ......

Most of your tales have a good point or two where you inject a decent chuckle for the reader. This one came across a bit morose to me.

I'll reread it at a later date before I rate it.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Always Top-Knotch Writing

But this one was a might too depressing for me personally to enjoy fully. Which speaks volumes as to the range of your stories. One could only imagine the ones you don't dare put in print! Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4 stars and...

Does anyone know what happened to SS06's last editor mikothebaby?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Same BURN THE BITCH STORY. Same theme, no emotion poorly written and jaded

Please take a break from writing. This story has been written by you with the names changed better before . This one was bad real bad and avoidable. Sorry one of your worst stories

troubleddeeplytroubleddeeplyover 10 years ago
not my cup of tea

I'm normally in the BTB crowd,however this left a bad taste. The ex wife's punishment was so over the top and disproportionate to her offense that it left me with the sense that SHE should have told the family (her daughter and grandchildren included) to fuck off and that she was cutting them off. The ambush at her ex husbands home was just that an ambush by her own daughter. No advanced warning for what to expect ! The daughter had to know this would put intense stress on her mom causing her to act unreasonably. Yes the ex wife made the first mistake, and perhaps a fatal one for her family, but the response had me despising the rest of the family and sympathizing with her and her plight.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5*

Me, me, me, me, me. The only thing cheating assholes ever think about. Not their spouce, not their kids, not anyone else, only themselves.

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Sorry

I thought there was way too much moralizing - plus even though I've never cheated I agree with Debbie's view that she should have gotten another chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
ONE,

Tooooooo BAD I could not give you less than ONE. I have a suggestion, STOP with this SHIT stories. The ate to long and total SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not your best

The ex would have never been invited without someone explaining the details of what she was walking into. Her not knowing he had remarried , the animosity , no real dialog between the family. Didnt work for me. Sorry, still gave you a 4 because your better than all those gay writing married cuck stories.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 10 years ago
Troubledeeply hit

the nail on the head. As a divorced hubby whose wife cheated after 25 years of marriage, who often looked for spots to get rid of her body, this was beyond cruel, especially from the daughter. What a bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sigh

I can't believe I got through this. I should have stopped when the Dad pulled the fake gun, that was just stupid shit.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 10 years ago
interesting plot line

But I was disappointed the the ex wife didn't take the high road of righteous indignation about being tricked into a weekend of humiliation. She could have made everyone feel like real crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That was a weak effort.

But please keep writing. Looking forward to better things in the future.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well that was depressing

Not that it wasn't well written because it was. But this makes the second story I've read this week, on a porn site, that was just plain depressing. Some of the things that happened, like ambushing her at the lake seemed cruel. Brad's storyline was also a sad one. I know. I know. I love a good BTbitch/bastard story as much as the next person but this just lacked the emotion and cleverness usually found in your stories. Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not quite what I had in mind, but as always another good one.

I understood his rage, but started out thinking maybe he was too harsh in his actions and refusal to even talk to Karen. As the story unfolded and Karen's character developed, I felt sorry for her, but wondered how in the world Danny had managed to stay with someone so self centered for as long as he did. I guess love really is blind.

Anyhow, thanks for what you did with my suggestion. After the news stories yesterday about faulty traffic cams, I was about to email with the suggestion to add the irony of the ticket being wrongly issued.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Read "those damn traffic light cameras"

Story just like this one.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Too Depressing

@ tina

Where you being ironic?

@ SS

This gal was unbelievably stupid and just kept piling it on, because she wants what she wants. If she is reincarnated in the next story I will stop in the middle.

@ Geral

If you want to get people to get back together you explain to each one of them the conditions and the options ahead of time. The daughter and Selena literally set her up so that they would have an excuse for excluding her from the family get togethers in the future. I get the feeling that the author does subconsciously hate wormen....

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 10 years ago
Interesting

This story held my interest primarily because I wanted to see how many assholes could be crammed into one story. Let’s see: Karen’s dad – the “joke” he pulled on Denny was anything but; it defined asshole. Brad – for going after an older married woman when he had little kids, and then for being too much of a wimp to press charges; by the way he committed no ethical violation since Karen wasn’t a client but an employee of the firm, just like he was. Lauren – for representing Denny in his divorce when Karen was an employee of the firm and one of her co-attorneys had precipitated the divorce; not possible in reality because ethics would preclude her from representing a client against an employee. Denny – for not even talking to Karen and completely writing her out of his life; where was the “till death do us part” part of his wedding vows, which required him to at least talk with her instead of treating her like a piece of shit. Selena – for inviting Karen to the lake house without talking with Denny first; was she trying to precipitate the disaster which occurred, or is she just plain insensitive. And the award for the biggest asshole of all – Debbie, for not telling her mother than her father was remarried when she knew how Karen felt about Denny; I mean, come on, is there anyone that mean and heartless, let alone her only child?

The only one not an asshole – the one the author apparently wanted everyone to paint as the asshole – Karen; as she said one short time mistake in a 20+ year marriage and he wouldn’t even talk to her. Of course in real life she would have landed on her feet; good legal secretaries are always in demand, and there is someone out there that would have appreciated her looks and desire for love and not have been as dogmatic and shallow as her ex-husband.

One thing bothers me. How could Denny be so impotent as to be held off from hitting Karen’s father by him putting his hand on Denny’s head, yet be able to beat the shit out of Brad? I guess that is as possible as any James Bond movie stunt, but still unlikely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow!

A Matt Moreau wife. Intelligence level -70 and selfish level +100. But at least in your story she beaten to the ground and made to spend the rest of her life in complete, abject suffering, not even able to see her grandchildren. In your world in the story, she can never get a break. Why? Go back to my second sentence. To be honest as with most of your stories, you have trouble staying focused. I kept saying, "Get on with it." Your editors take care of the technical stuff but need to press you to stay in the story and not wander off. You certainly immolated this bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

There sure wasn't much to like about anyone here. I have to say though, I carry concealed and if Karen's dad had done that to me, I would have tried to put two into the center of mass. To make a joke threat like that to someone you don't know - or even someone you DO know - has to indicate an IQ barely above that necessary to keep breathing in and out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Too Convoluted

I gave up after half of the first page. There was no direction I could follow. I got a feeling several people were talking, but no sense of who was talking to who.

I know that most writers don't like anonymous comments, but consider this. I have tried 4 times to sign up for membership, and all 4 times, I never received an acknowledgement from literotica that would allow my membership, or allow me to access my membership.

There have been 7 of your stories I have given a 5. They were so good I had to vote. About 40% would probably rate a 4 or 5, but I only vote on the outstanding ones. 30% I would have to give a 3. The rest I can't stand to read. If it doesn't catch my interest in the first three paragraphs, it isn't worth reading no matter how great a story it could be. This may seem a little harsh, but it is true of everyone. In politics, you have 10 seconds to catch the readers eye before they throw your pamphlet away. In writing, you have three paragraphs to catch the readers interest.

jasonnhjasonnhover 10 years ago
Very strange

While I like unfaithful wives to get their just rewards, this was too easy and relentlessly brutal. It reminds me of what happens to the men in a Matt M story. They are ceaselessly beaten down. After a while it gets pathetic. The strange thing is, I feel the same way here. Certainly Karen deserves to be divorced. However, her utter destruction is painful. Some of it is part of the story, her exposure in the swimsuit and her attack on a 6 year old. More is only offered to the reader, her foolish and deluded thinking about almost all aspects of her life. The ruinous end of her. Pathetic and tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Different

You are one of my favorites. That said, this is not one of your better works. And I don't know what happened between you and Mikethebaby (?) but fix it. More errors than normal.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Oh, and oh, and then oh no...

Oh,

I liked t.i.n.a.'s comment. I mean no one told Karen that Dan had remarried? Her daughter drove her to the refurbished cabin? Was this about some kind of sadistic vengeance three years after the crime?

And oh,

This was an implausible story; somewhere the two divorced people had to have come in contact, I mean birthday parties, holidays?

Stang you are a good story teller, and we all sort of know you were dry-gulched some years ago. But come on; if you could give Dan a happy turn around, would it have killed you to have at least given Karen something beside saggy tits.

Then again; I never went through it. I know my relatives who have been ambushed would have probably wanted at the very least to have given Karen a case of leprosy.

Then Oh no!

What's really off the wall is the Mustang thing. They're out by a lake; jet skis, power boats, sunfish, and a Mustang? Where's the big heavy duty, diesel, long bed, extended cab, four wheel drive, oversized tires pick-up?

Stang you're totally impractical. Come on; instead of washing that 'white elephant' of a car Dan should have been using a lathe or router making a piece of decorative woodwork for the backyard. Hey how about a decorative windmill, an ornate wishing well, or maybe a water slide off the pier. Where's the sandbox for the kids? No dog? Those kids needed a big lovable clumsy Labrador retriever!

Come on Stang! Get with the program!

Still a great tale of self-inflicted woe, certainly a well earned five.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Thought provoking

People look at real life situations and say 'you couldn't make it up'. Well SS06 did. Perhaps some of it was too fantastical but remember there are 200 million married couples in the US and about 40% of them divorce. No one can know what all of them do.

OverstarOverstarover 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing

I don't think some of the posters realized that you're revisiting another one of your stories with this posting. Thanks for sharing, it added a little bit more dimension to the wife from the original story. You need someone to proofread your stories, there are more spelling mistakes than normal in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hey, I liked it!

Like your writing style. Came across one of your stories several weeks ago and really liked it. Went to your treasure trove of stories and have been reading through them in sequence. I just finished “Chrissie” and ready to start “Circling the Drain”. Thanks for all your efforts. I’m guessing you live in Alaska and drive a Yugo?

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Great Story

Welcome back Stang, I was starting to worry about you.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@amyyum

Kinda surprised you feel the wife deserved a second chance considering your stories!

She not only cheated on her husband multiple times with Brad but showed a huge amount of disrespect to hubby by blowing the asshole in her husbands Mustang.

I do feel Debbie not mentioning Danny had remarried was a fucking shitty thing to do to her mother tho and by keeping both her Mom and Dad in the dark, the visit could only end badly.

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959over 10 years ago
Others have said, but I'll summarize

1) confusing narrative. Hard to keep track of who is speaking and when in the timeline they're speaking.

2) ex-wife was sandbagged by all and sundry - including especially the new wife who was supposed to be the peacemaker - with the surprise invitation. No surprise at all that the ex-wife didn't handle it well.

3) yes, she was an adulteress and deserved to lose her husband and cushy life. She didn't deserve the treatment she received afterward.

It is said that the best revenge is living well. True, but going out of your way to rub someone's nose in it takes away the virtue. Of course, maybe that's the author's point. As someone else said, all the characters are losers, morally speaking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Bitch

A blow job is a blow job, but to let another man drive his car?????!!!! She's lucky to still be able to walk

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmm...

I usualy love your work, but something about this story just didnt sit well with me. It was well written, with only a few grammar and word errors, but as some readers commented, the narrative sid flip flop a bit and got spotty at points. I guess story element wise, I was kinda hoping this was a redemption story for karen and danny. Also the bit about what happened to brad was a bit harsh. Personally, i would have rather seen karen at least try to do something there, but you made a good point. Still, it just felt a bit on the cold and vicious..I still rated it 3, but not the 5 i would normally do. Still, I am hoping to see you do a grand sweeping page turner set in a science fiction, fantasy setting, perhaps a mix of both or steampunk. It would be interesting to see you write that sort with more action involved, I definitely believe you have the talent to do so, and I am sure there are fans of your work that agree with me!

KarenWoodsKarenWoodsover 10 years ago

Exactly the same as all of Stang's other stories, and half the stories on this site. A woman cheats, no one has any concept of forgiveness or compassion, everyone but her is perfect and blameless and just oh god it's so fucking pathetic!

Seriously, you people need help. Holding on to that much anger and hate is just not healthy, and sitting around picturing a fictional character suffering and miserable while you jack off to how good it is to see that happen is just fucked up.

"Oh yeah, she's destitute because it turns out she's incapable of supporting herself without a man....mmm, ooh now her family hates her and she'll die alone because she gave a man a blow job once, yeah that's right! Yeah, and she got ugly too which in these stories is somehow means she is evil, because good people never age and lose their looks in any way! Oh god....oh god!"

Get some professional help, seriously, and don't litter an erotica site with your sad little whining about the women who left you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

I liked the story. Danny did not seek or get revenge. He didn't need to speak to her to get closure and owed her nothing after she betrayed him. There was nothing in the story to indicate he knew she didn't know he was remarried or that he adopted Selena's kids. All we know is that he didn't want her there. In that he was consistent. What is not consistent is the daughter. The supposed peacemaker and information source for her mother, kept her in the dark and sandbagged her when she arrived. If anyone got revenge she did. Is being vain and feeling your age any different than having hormone spurts. Infidelity is infidelity. You play you pay.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
KarenWoods, you're wrong and my guess a cheater as well

Sorry Karen, SOME men take vows seriously and never once cheat on their wives.

And it destroys the relationship from HIS point of view when she cheats.

In life Karen, you don't get "do overs" for some types of mistakes, like murder.

Cheating is murder to a relationship to some of us, but obviously not you.

Obviously, you don't share this point of view.

Glad I am not your husband and I'm sorry for whoever fills those shoes.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
By the way Karen, you can forgive without having to take back the cheater.

As to "compassion", where was HER compassion to her husband's feelings when she was screwing Brad??

So why should he give her compassion she never gave him???

(read the story, it wasn't JUST a BJ, although that would have been bad also)

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
SUGNA is right!

And how do you EVER trust someone who with plenty of opportunity failed to confess their misdeed?

And no, I won't call it a "mistake." Yes, it is that, but it's more than just that.

sengimaxsengimaxover 10 years ago
You are the Master

You are the reason that I bother to read stories on this site. I admit that some of your stories are not so good, but when you submit one like this , then I realise that you are one of the best.

Many Thanks.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Second Read

I read it again. I don't know why, but I did. This time I saw things from the wife's point of view. I don't know if this was your intent, but I actually changed my opinion on the outcome of your story. The husband should have given his wife a chance to talk to him. He should have tried to understand what happened. Even if in the end he couldn't continue the marriage, he should have given her a chance to let him know what happened to her. Was he so weak that he couldn't face the facts at all? Yes she screwed up, husbands and wives screw up every day. If he had known the limited extent of her cheating, would he still have thrown her away? If your spouse is an addict or an alcoholic do you throw them away? If they lose a lot of money on a one time bad investment, gambling, or on a shopping spree do you throw them away? She screwed up, she knows she screwed up. He wouldn't even talk to the mother of his daughter. How can he live with himself? She was right, he did her wrong. The stupid insensitive bungling of the daughter and #2 wife only made it worse. The trouble with these people is that none of them really loved the others. No one was willing to put down their pride and bridge the gap with love. Again, even if they had to part, there was a right way to do that. This type of thought provoking is a dangerous thing, it is a pain in the ass to have to actually think!

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
I don't agree Sugna with your last comments

Sugna, some of us don't want to hear the BULLSHIT!

Some of us also understand the sneakier of the species (ie, females) have a credo that "it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission."

Well, Sugna, it is NOT easier if you are never given the chance.

I'm a guy and if I can keep it in my pants, you'd better damn well do it also.

I frankly don't give a shit WHAT your reason is or for how little or how long it went on, short of being drugged or raped.

And from the story, it obviously wasn't either.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
Your honor! I've been good for 40 years & never KILLED anyone! Can't you forget this ONE time??

Answer: no.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Too lop-sided

Karen was just portrayed as a cotton wool punching bag. Like shooting turkeys in a fenced enclosure.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
The ONLY reason Jesus, the master of forgiveness, gave for divorce? Adultery.

And notice Jesus didn't say it had to be more than one time.

So if one incidence of infidelity is good enough grounds for Jesus, I think were done arguing over whether 20 years warranted Karen a second chance. It was Danny's call, and he made it!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
Good Job

Karen should have realized that betraying her husband's trust would be fatal to her marriage. As far as letting her explain, who cares? Many of the readers of this site are closet priest and social workers. They would forgive her if she shit in their cornflakes. Karma fucked up up her life, not her husband. 5 stars

lokiloslokilosover 10 years ago
Comparisons

I always enjoy when people compare adultery to something else, like an addiction, or alcoholism or denting the car and lying about it. Let's compare it to something else. How about your wife one day gets bored with caring for your child and kills it. Then lies to cover it up. The husband eventually finds out the truth. Should the wife be given a second chance? I'm just trying to see how comparison work. Is this one too extreme? Because for some people, it doesn't matter what excuse you have for breaking your marriage vows, as long as you made the CHOICE, not were forced, but made the actual choice to break them, it's over.

Another point. Why is the cheater's pride worth so much more than the non-cheater's? I mean, why does it have to be the faithful person's fault for not giving the cheater another chance? That seems to be a huge point in many stories where the cheater is given a second chance. The faithful person is told that they're being to hard-headed or too prideful. So what. My pride is my own. It's what allows me to get up in the morning and look myself in the face and say that I'm doing the best I can with my own life and not trying to cause undo hurt to others. Can the cheater say the same thing?

Anyway, this was long and rambling, but people should watch how they use comparison, because what you think is a good one may not be. Just look at that Perkins guy and how he screwed up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another fallen wife who ...

stands the chance of a snowball in hell in an SS06 story. The outcome of this story was obvious in the first couple paragraphs, which makes this a tedious and boring read.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Further to my previous comment

I just read Fair Trade by murphy621. Now there's an idea for alternate version to this story. A week after Karen's visit to the cottage, Selena is in an accident. One kidney destroyed, the other cancerous. And Karen is the only match.

Anyone care to run with the plot?

katibkatibover 10 years ago
Delicate ears

Mustang man--you are one of the best writers in LW. I felt good about this story until I read amischiefmaker's comments. He or she said it all. Generally I like your style, and most of the time I like the plots and subjects of your stories. This one needs a bit of editing; and, for my taste, if the mouthings of your characters (in this story) showed fewer instances of "shit," I would feel more inclined to like them.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* read

She not only gave her lover her body, she gave him her husband's Mustang!

No wonder he could not forgive her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Never gave her a. Chance! Just burn the bitch.

Always burn the bitch,she was a bitch but you always make women look poorly and dumb. A hard story and outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Re:Another fallen wife:

Hey anonymous--if SS stories are so boring and predictable---why do you read them dumb A**?

Rogn123Rogn123over 10 years ago
I realize it was fashionable

In the 70's to allow any women who wanted to to enroll in our medical, law, and other professional schools in an effort to equalize the genders in the professional ranks no matter what their qualifications, but surly the resulting women professionals weren't as dumbed down as the lawyer depicted in this sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fuck, why do you always get fucking retarded?

I got as far as "scooped a cup of water out of the toilet. I went back into the bedroom and threw it in her face".

No fucking class in your writing at all. But you have plenty of dickwads that agree with you. Welcome to Redneck America. Yee Haw!

1*

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 10 years ago
Not a bad story

It wasn't the usual Stang story but I enjoyed it. It seems I have read the traffic camera angle before, but it works. Nice job!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Loved the writing. I have seen the devastation that can come out of an affair and honestly your perspective was close to what I saw happen. The person cheated on often feels angry and hell bent on moving forward, the cheater often feels misunderstood and arrogant.

Sad ending, but sometimes endings are just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Looking back on this story after it I have to say I feel a little sympathy for the Ex wife. She made a mistake, a bad one, but was shut out and never given a chance to move on from her marriage. And why is that? Because of her daughter. The daughter knew exactly what was going on in both her parent's lives and chose to give her mother false hope. There's not telling someone's secret, but keeping the fact that her father was remarried was just wrong. And to compound it, having her mother walk into what was essentially an emotional ambush was cruel knowing her mother saw it as a chance to reconnect with her Ex. Of course she lashed out at everyone. Her whole world, the one hope she held onto was suddenly ripped away in the cruelest of fashion. Her grandbabies calling another woman grandma? How could that not hurt? And everyone just praising this newcomer, well, it just made her even more isolated and hurt. Did she cheat? Yes. Was she wrong in that aspect? Completely. But being treated like that was beyond cruel and inhumane. And at the end she's even more the villain whether she deserves it or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Idiotic comments

The Anon saying the daughter was cruel for not telling her mother about her fathers life, why should she? They were divorced and the husband wanted no contact with her yet she held onto the idiotic hope of getting back together with him. Did any person that was connected to the family give her any sign of hope for reconciliation? Typical of cheaters your comments hold the same vain, the person who caused everything is never at fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Selena was a good woman, not grandmother.

I have read this before and I think it had a difference ending. Danny is not man enough to forgive. He did not have to forget. Allowing Selena to take the place of the true grandmother showed how much of a man he wasn't. Stop trying to make your wimps men.

deadrabbitsdeadrabbitsover 10 years ago
Another good one

I would have liked a little more eroticism, but this a really good story. 5.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
too much

In a lot of ways this story is too much of everything. There is too much cruelty and extreme behavior on everybody's part and I think it ends up distracting the reader's attention from the goal of the author SS06 -- in trying to show the long-term implications and life altering choices of adultery.

The only thing as positive about this awful story is that by the time the reading gets the end of it we really do understand how the Ee wife's cheating with Brad has forever altered the timeline of so many different people forever. I do get the sense that the ex wife knows that her life shoul have been vastly different from what it is by the end of the story. In her soul she knows how badly she screwed up ....how things should have turned vastly different. But it is what it is and one cannot go back in time and I think in the and that's what really drove her anger and depression.

The gun thing that the beginning of story was so crazy that I too o almost stopped reading it. Who the fuck wants to be married into a family like that?

Take a look at brad's injuries for example. He's pretty badly hurt. For Danny to go in there and then hurt him again that's just extreme and cool and completely unacceptable and every level.

Another example of the story being too much is the wife's amazing self centeredness and her lack of any sort of positive redeeming value as a human being whatsoever. By the time the reader gets to the 4th page... The reader is wondering what Danny ever saw this horrible shallow stupid wretched sell centered whore. It was a serious mistake in the story for SS06 to under develop the wife's character in the beginning of the story . The extreme shallowness and stupidity of her character and personality makes you wonder WHY they ever got married to begin with .

Another example of this is the ex wife lashing out at a defenseless child with words of exceptional viciousness and cruelty.

I don't know if bringing the ex wife into the lake House with all those kids running around and seeing Danny's new wife all on the same day was technically an "ambush" by Debbie or not. It may be that Debbie to some degree is kind of stupid like her mom or it may be in something more nefarious. But again it was over the top and cruel and vicious.

ALL in all ..its too much

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
Iron Dragon said it best...

...in his story "A long hard road out of hell":

"Unless you've been cheated on and HURT BEYOND MEASURE by someone you truly loved, don't judge me."

Yeah, there's forgiveness and all that shit, no problem.

BUT until you've been there,

you gotta walk a mile in those moccasins to know WTF you're talking about.

"Poor, poor 'wittle Karen!"

Has to suffer A FRACTION of what Danny suffered!

It was HER FAULT!! ALL of it!!

Whether Debbie ambushed her or not, so f*cking what!

Small change to what she did to Danny!

F*ck her and the horse she rode in on!

deadrabbitsdeadrabbitsover 10 years ago
A comment to the commenters

This is a perfect example of why it's impossible to please everyone, especially in the LW category. I've read over the comments for this story and saw the usual mix. Praise, damnation, constructive criticism, nitpicking of editing, and various levels of caustic criticism from people who've never submitted a story. And then there's always the gutless 'anonymous' commenter who spouts off hurtful comments that he (or she) would never have the guts to say face-to-face.

StangStar06 is a popular author with over 142 submissions. I always read his work. Anyone scanning LW stories on a regular basis should know the types of stories he writes and act accordingly. If BTB type stories aren't of interest to you, then just skip his stories and don't comment. Supporters of WACC and RACC, as well as, most 'hot wife' female readers are unlikely to like most of his stuff (or mine for that matter). I've communicated with other authors and readers of this genre and I've found most are married, hard working and successful. We are not BTB trolls, scumbags, or as one commenter said, 'pathetic'. And we don't hate women, we love them. It's just that we like good women, and a women who cheats on her husband simply doesn't qualify. We don't believe that a married woman should feel empowered to have sex with anyone they choose. It they do, they should become 'single'.

YathinkYathinkover 10 years ago
For a lot of men, IronDragon said it best in his story "a long hard road out of hell"

"Why do cheaters always want to talk after they've been caught? Why do they want to try and "explain" shit that can't be explained or excused?"

You can tell me you were drugged or raped. Other than that, I don't want to hear a single word from a cheater, who by definition of cheating is also a liar, trying to excuse or expalin their cheating. Just no need!

For the rest of you that want to listen to her BS excuses (which will somehow inevitably be YOUR fault) and take her back (which tells her you are a WIMP and she can do it to you again whenever the mood strikes), to you I say GO FOR IT! ))

Or you can MAN UP, get over it, and find a better woman, one that deserves you.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Another painful story -

The woman failed for far to long, to get it - really - she had a clue but it only went as far as her pain and grief. She failed to truly grasp what she did to him in her carelessness.

Did she learn her lesson - almost certainly - would she ever cheat again no she did not even date or have sex after she was divorced to be "true" to her "husband" so she probably would have been fine as his wife - if he could have gotten past the deception and betrayal- he could not - so he needed to and did move on.

There are always explanations - that does not excuse behavior - she actually took responsibility for her actions - good start - that does not mean he as to accept her.or the explanation as an excuse.

Good stuff for the new year -

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4*s

Enjoying the song lyrics, lol. Good plot, no air head characters.

Just the right length , didn't drag anywhere.

Reading this is alot !! better than shoveling all that snow outside.

AMerryMan

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
@saxon_hart

RADK used the same traffic camera plot in a story not too long ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Have to agree with deadrabbits comments...

DeadRabbit summed it correctly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

And lets hope the old wrinkly slut steps off of a curb in front of a bus too

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
What's all the fuss about?...

... This is one of Stang's best stories in a long time. Why is the fact that Karen got exactly what she deserved so upsetting? Is a one time affair because she was feeling a little old and not getting the lustful looks from men that she'd received in the past any better than a two year affair? Is her rage at a six year old girl acceptable because that little girl's mother had somehow managed to "steal" her husband? If Karen really loved Danny, would she have taken a job working for Brad, much less propositioned him? The answer to all those questions is an emphatic NO. Enough said.

Rogn123Rogn123over 10 years ago
If I ' m to understand Deadrabbits logic

If you see a plane flying too low and heading into a mountain, you have no right to be critical of the pilot unless you yourself have piloted a plane.

Wrong.

One does not have to write crap to be able to recognize crappy writing

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeover 10 years ago
:)

It was a great story. I thought it was a little rushed though.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
First time in long time

that Stangs story have divided the posters so much. A lot of readers felt wife "reaped what she had sown", many other felt wayward wife got ambushed and hubby was bad guy (or daughter was evil) for not giving her another chance.

Either opinion-it shows Stang can still draw in the readers and get them emotionally involved with his characters.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This One is a Bridge Too Far

Maybe Two. I know you like to crank the stories out and because you are so prolific they can't all be great, but they are usually very readable.

This one is just offensive in so many ways. What kind of man has a loving relationship with someone for 20 years or more, then nukes them without any discussion. This guy would have to have so many insecurities that the marriage would have fallen apart years earlier. Maybe I'm missing the point.

I don't think I'm opposed to nuke-em stories, but there should be some underlying rationale for it, such as the the wife in Billie Jean who was more interested in what people thought than in supporting her husband. None of that is on display in this story.

Oh well. I look forward to the next one.

Anonymous Andy

tnaFTWtnaFTWover 10 years ago

I loved this story and gave it five stars. Once the trust is gone you can't get it back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Disappointed

Usually I like your stories. Occasionally you have a firearm or the use of a firearm in your story. And sometimes I post a little message correcting you on some small point concerning those firearms and their usage.

In this case, I have to tell you, I stopped reading when I got to the part of her father and the gun. It doesn't matter that it was a starter pistol. Only stupid idiotic gun owners point a loaded gun at someone as a joke. Here in Texas and 49 other states that kind of shit can get someone killed real quick. "He had his gun aimed right at me, so I drew and threw myself to the side hoping it would distract him enough to not point the gun at my girl and then I fired three shots. Two to the chest and one to the head. I didn't know he was her father Officer. She didn't say anything while he was talking."

Gun Safety:

1.) The gun is ALWAYS loaded until you personally empty it and performing full safety checks.

2.) You never aim or sweep the muzzle over anything or anyone that you don't want to destroy or alter forever.

3.) Keep your finger off the trigger until you have your target lined up in your sights.

4.) Before you squeeze the trigger check what's behind and besides your target as bullets do go through and into whatever is behind your target.

Damn it, I'm disappointed. This was probably another great story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 10 years ago
Didn't like this one

Several comments regarding Karen's Dad's joke are spot on. Police are justified in shooting a person pointing a realistic-looking squirt gun at them! One never, ever points a gun, real or look-alike, at another in jest. Period.

I also think Debbie was stupid to invite her Mom without warning. But Mom Karen was equally dumb to have unrealistic expectations. And wearing a strip suit with young children around was even dumber.

Brad would have sued for civil damages after the D.A. finished with the criminal charges against Danny for aggravated assault. Brad could not be easily terminated for having an affair. And the hospital would not have permitted the wife to inflict more physical punishment on Brad -- she would risk being charged as well.

So the story took artistic license in order to burn the bitch to the Nth degree. I like BTB stories but there needs to be some element of credibility for it to work for me. Did not sense it here. Two stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

NKenNKenover 10 years ago
Amanda Anderson!

Sorry Stangy but much as i enjoy your stories IMHO you're going through a bit of an Amanda Anderson and need a Raphe to take you to the next level! The stories are ok because you wrote them but they're a bit much of a muchness and us readers need you to rise to the challenge like the Seahawks, not do a Broncos by relying on your name/ reputation and failing to deliver when there is so much promise there!

slaverowanslaverowanover 10 years ago
One star

Your stories always had an upbeat side to it. This was just cruel.

The wife was the cheater and deserved the divorce, but the daughter was just a cunt who wanted to inflict as much emotional harm as she could.

Your last few stories have left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Think you need to take a look at the direction maybe, or maybe it's just me.

BTB is fine, but this lifelong emotional destruction is just becoming bleh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
whatta

wacko bitch. 4 stars

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanover 10 years ago
Yeah, I kinda feel sorry for poor old Brad, even as a cheater

being strung along, for a number of years ---- he did it not only for Joyce but also his kids --- and then being dumped unceremoniously like that.... it's enough to get a man to jump in front of a musing bus or train...

Karen, on the other hand.... she doesn't come across as a very nice personality, despite the fact that she's been privy to using the audience to tell us stuff about how nice she really is, inside.... but we know, as Danny and her daughter, that deep inside, this woman is NOT a very good character, so her misery, well, it doesn't invoke much sympathy from me, either...

But, yes, I can't believe the AUTHOR gave Brad such a funny line ---- the funniest in the entire story: ".... She made me make a promise to her. If you ever tried to start up with me again...Karen, I don't have a choice. You're fired!" ---- and THEN KILLED HIM OFF like that in the story!

empiricalempiricalabout 10 years ago
Nice one Stang

I gave it 5 stars.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Slaverowan

I couldn't disagree with you more!

Debbie TRIED to bring her mother back into the family, and her mother's mean-spirited, vindictive and jealous anger made it impossible.

She showed exceptional kindness having lunches with her mother and keeping her in the loop.

MattressThrasherMattressThrasherabout 10 years ago
Great story.

The bitch brought it all on herself and paid a heavy price. Loved it.

PeachyWifePeachyWifeabout 10 years ago
I feel sick!

Even though I liked this one, I still feel sick to my stomach after reading it. Ugh! The daughter was extremely harsh towards her mother. Sending the pictures just kept extending the pain. And I believe the new wife was being deliberately aggressive. Ooof! Painful!

Still, love the writing style.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124about 10 years ago
Great story

I gave this one 4 stars. It was sad to say the least, and it taught a very valuable lesson. I was hoping it would turn out something like "Without a Paddle" but I knew it wasn't to be when it was found out that Danny had married Selena. Your editors need to work harder. I found several misspellings and word usage problems. That's the reason for the 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
One star!!!!!

I truly hated this story.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Reconciliation

I'd like to think that after a cooling off period she could offer a sincere apology for her actions, get ONE more chance to show she could be civil, and hopefully prove it and be back in their lives.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 10 years ago
liked it

5* because it seemed like real time emotions, and actions. I found it sad that, they didn't get back together, so is the real side of life. the fact that they never had a face to face after the fact was surprising, considering the subject matter, and how much they loved each other. nice writing, I don't look for spelling, or punctuation, as much as the ability to get the thought, and the emotion across to the reader. good job.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 9 years ago
Sad... so sad.

Really good tale, I enjoyed the journey immensely. Danny took an awfully hard line... but then again we are not in his situation.... I believe I would go the same way as he did..... just not as totally.... Who knows? - I have never been in that situation.... Infidelity is rather common these days (there probably has always been more of it about than we think) but if people really love each other, really care it doesn't happen... it's when one loves more than the other... it's just so destructive, even if it is never discovered, what? Thanks for the trip, StangStar06. 4*s.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous