All Comments on 'A Surprise for Tina'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 163 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

Bottom line, he beat her at her own game. Excellent job. No real cheating, and it might be a happy ending. Good enough.

Five Stars

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Bob's usual entertainment and good reading. Thank you, sir. Randi.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 2 years ago

Thank God for frat buddies.

But was this only the first time?

If he hadn't reined her in this time, she would have gone through with it.

Maybe he's nipped it in the bud. But, then again, maybe not.

In my experience. it'll happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, I like it. Glad she woke up in time, although all the lunches and kisses will make it all the more difficult to resume the marriage. I hope they make it.

Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

Hoist with her own petard.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Typical trick-shot bullseye from JPB! A great reset of an old story! 5+++/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And just like that, Just Plain Bob is back. Five stars.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Good result, entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I do wish you luck!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No idea how he trusts her again and he needs to find a way to hurt that guy and get her out of the office.

I would love it if he has her announce the affair to the entire office ending with her saying she is quitting.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Enjoyed it as I always do your tales. Would have liked to know if they went on to have kids or did it blow up over time, but I can’t complain about what I want. 5*

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

I enjoy most of JPB's work, never too deep or artsy, just straightforward "loving wives" tales. Unfortunately I found this one lacking, the whole thing rather lazy as though put together too quickly and without much thought.

To start there was the overlong and unnecessary back story, I really can't understand the obsession of many author's lately wanting to explain every tedious aspect of a characters former life, especially in a story just two pages long.

So we have a guy who thinks his wife is cheating, why? Because somebody told him so. No proof whatsoever, just the word of a friend. But this information is apparently enough to condemn her and for him to do exactly what he's accusing her of doing, no matter if he's not really cheating, she doesn't know this but she's expected to accept it regardless. Why would an apparently intelligent woman be so blatant about her affair, in the office where she works with one of her husband's best friends? Why does the husband just believe she's cheating without a shread of evidence? And most importantly: why isn't she threatening him with divorce after his apparent cheating. It all came across like a lesson on how supposedly "real men" should act? And how their wives should cowtow to them.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

It does happen. It's easy to her compliments and flattery from your spouse and feel like they're only saying those things because they have to. The same flattery from another person can easily carry more weight than from your spouse if the circumstances are right.

It was a great preemptive strike from William. Good lesson learned for Tina. The biggest concern here is that she pulled this same thing prior to getting engaged. She had to date several guys before she realized what she already had. Now, seven years in she needs affirmation from another guy? What happens next time when he doesn't have someone to let him know about it before things go to far?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done Bob. This was a good one! 5

RWessonRWessonover 2 years ago

Great turn around on the old theme, Bob. You are still the master.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

she may have grown up, but their story at college tells me she is a narcissist.

she does NOT explain to him she wants to date other men before she marries him, but that was her excuse at a later date when cornered. so she doesn't respect him enough to keep him in the loop, and already sees him as a 'fall back' plan. already off to a horrible start. so she dates other men, maybe she sleeps with them. she rejects his three offers for future dates to do so. she only changes her mind when she sees HIM DATING. that is the trigger. she doesn't want him to sample other women. her explanation is she may 'lose him forever'. and that's true. but it rings hollow. she is a complete self absorbed child, and treats him like an object. she only treats him with a modicum of human respect when she realizes he doesn't need her. she will kick you when you're down. that doesn't sound like a good wife, nor a good mother.

it's possible to manipulate her into behaving like most people default to. a covert narcissist like her is afraid of confrontations and 'losing'. so long as he maintains the upper hand in their relationship, she'll behave. that's a shitty dynamic. she has to constantly feel like he's better than she is....in order to respect him. that sounds like a lot of effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is always a good day when Bob writes a story for us (I know, that comment flies in the face of your profile statement but hey, i'm a fan). Thanks JPB

Doc

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 2 years ago

I wish you luck! You know, some say, there is a God, but I say, there is a Just Plain Bob. Thanks for yet another great story. I am, however, surprised how quickly Tina got over Bob's (apparent or real, depending on one's definition) infidelity with Angie. Good for her! Five stars, ~~ JBE

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

A unique spin on a often-used storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice! 4 ****

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Good one. She wised up just in time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why did Bill decide to stay with Tina? You didn't write her with one redeeming quality, there's nothing likeable about her.

Many BTB writers have no trouble conveying how much they dislike women, but as a RAAC writer, it should be your top priority showing us why you like them and why we should like this one in particular.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of Bob's better ones. Turnabout is fair play after all.

Thanks Bob!

☆☆☆☆☆

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

It's really great to see JPB writing more stories. I always thought he was the master of BTB, but he writes good reconciliation stuff too. Five stars

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Who wrote this story? Surely not JPB! He knows what an emotional affair is after only 7 years and would write a chapter 2 detailing the blistering way he dealt with it!

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

Just plain Bob is an absolute legend

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What did Abraham Tucker say? Forewarned is Forearmed. Don't know if Billy is going to relax thinking that he has nipped his wife's cheating ways in the bud but as many gardeners know if you trim back the bad growth it leaves room for further growth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"There is really no excuse for my actions." She was dead right about that. Especially when she admitted to kissing and holding hands with the other guy. At work, apparently? Regardless of the venue, she already cheated on him in the way that matters most, her heart. Adios, bitch. That other girl seemed nice and very into him, so maybe start there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bob keeps on writing . A record holder. Dame he can write ✍️ well. Some not so great but overall he does a fine job of writing in those loving wives stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is JPB back at full strength. Nice little twist, and a realistic conclusion ("wish me luck"). A return to the land of five's for LW's most prolific and highest-ranked writer. There could easily be a follow-up to this, as it isn't clear how far "trust but verify" will go in nipping further such Tinadventures in the bud. Maybe the anonymous from 26 minutes ago's suggestion that Bill continue to explore things with Angela is a good idea for Bill, as well as good fodder for more with these characters.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: BTB - BTB writers don'r dislike women, they dislike "cheating" women, there IS a difference, and the fact that many BTB detracters conflate the two maybe speaks to how THEY view women!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

'JPB the master of BTB' is the subject of a comment earlier today. Hardly, as much of his work involved willing, creampie eating cucks. He just writes a little bit of everything, from good to average to bad. This is somewhere along that spectrum.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband, but somewhere along the line I decided he was only doing it because he had to; it was in his job description. Coming from someone else it was an affirmation that I was still a desirable woman." - So many cheating or potential cheating wives use this "rationale," and if there's ANY truth to it, then husbands can't win: If the compliment their wives, it doesn't mean anything, because they're SUPPOSED to do it, so the wives have to look outside the marriage for affirmation. If they DON'T compliment their wives, they're unfeeling clods, and the wives have to look outside for affirmation.

\

Don't even get me started on her desirability! She's married; why does it matter if other men desire her? She's not going to act on their desire, is she?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

There is no "just kissing and holding hands". The line has been crossed and should have serious consequences. Goodman needs to be smashed whether he wants to keep the cheating wife or not. It is a lesson all predators need to learn.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

I had mixed feelings about this one.

Bill came on ridiculously strong with all his talk of marrying her when they first met, so she was totally justified in waiting to get to know him. However after the first several dates, when he'd proved that they'd be a great couple, there was no excuse for her continuing to date other guys. Any woman who adamantly refuses to be in an exclusive relationship is not marriage material... I had to wonder how many of those dates she ended up fucking.

Bill had no self-respect for allowing her to disrespect him like that in college, so it was hard to feel any sympathy when she started cheating on him after they were married. Tina was a cock-hungry whore at heart and you can't turn a woman like that into a faithful housewife.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

Captivating storyline, well-described reasoning, excellent callback of the character flaw from the past in the present. Yet no emotional pieces. No accusing, shouting, crying, begging, explaining fears and proclaiming love.

How did her views on flirting with other man changed with her guilt ?

How did her treatment of him changed because of her guilt ?

What effort did he make on his part to prevent future doubt in her of not being a desirable woman ?

How did this experience make their marriage stronger ?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

An absolute treat to come across another JPB gem.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Good story! 5***** There really is not acceptable explanation for the "I have a date" stories, but you come very close to a credible explanation. Well done!

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 2 years ago

Every time I read a JPB story I inexplicably think of the movie "What About Bob" with Bill Murray. I have no idea why lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was pretty good. Four stars.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Kissing and hand-holding? That doesn’t pass the husband test. It’s a clear indication of intent. With or without intercourse, she already started cheating. He’d known about her relationship for a while, she never came clean, so where’s the trust?

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

True, Tina has emotionally CHEATed on Bill, but I hope he listen to her too. "I let a bunch of compliments and flattery turn my head." why were these complements NOT coming from Bill?

/

It takes two to tango - is Bill taking her for granted?

/

This was so serious to Tina she was going to throw her affair in Bill's face Sunday, killing their marriage. A point not really covered was Tina's mental state before Bill slapped her silly with his date. They BOTH need to do some serious self-analysis/discussions BEFORE they make kids.

/

5*, Hooyah, salutes with reservations

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Gave you 5 stars. He got her attention. Staying out to 4 in the morning was a little over the top. midnight would have been better. Not enough for an almost overnight stay but enough to screw.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why is stating the obvious by the female MC suddenly insightful writing? With a few outstanding exceptions (out of 831 stories one would expect a good story now and again) this is about as good as JPB gets. About the best thing you can say is that he writes a lot. Consistently produce good stories? Not so much. 3

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 2 years ago

@ KRD19254

You asked "why were these complements NOT coming from Bill?"

Tina says, "I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband ..." so Bill was not taking her for granted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

KRD: she stated "’I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband‘“

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

KRD: she stated "’I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband‘“!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Generic to the point of futility

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

KRD19254, did you read the story? You wrote, `"I let a bunch of compliments and flattery turn my head." why were these complements NOT coming from Bill?'

.

Did you miss the part where she said, "I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband, but somewhere along the line I decided he was only doing it because he had to; it was in his job description. Coming from someone else it was an affirmation that I was still a desirable woman."

.

They WERE coming from Bill but SHE was ignoring them!

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Always enjoy a JPB story. Especially liked this one as the husband was proactive in dealing with his wife potentially cheating. Never have understood stories where the husband knows or strongly suspects his wife may cheat and does absolutely nothing to stop it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@KRD19254, I think you missed the next paragraph where she said they were the same compliments her husband was giving her.

Facts are sometimes in a failing relationship it only takes one person to bring it down.

Slick742Slick742over 2 years ago

Super story as usual. Thanks..Slick742

kencorokencoroover 2 years ago

KRD19254, did you even read the whole story??

-

"I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband, but somewhere along the line I decided he was only doing it because he had to; it was in his job description. Coming from someone else it was an affirmation that I was still a desirable woman."

-

It was written in the story and you dare ask "why were these complements NOT coming from Bill?", "It takes two to tango - is Bill taking her for granted?"

Maybe Tina's mental state is just that she's "A slut! An unfaithful slut!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agree with Anon on "Why did Bill decide to stay with Tina?"

-

This is just a start to a reconciliation. And just like most RAAC stories, it's the wronged spouse doing the hard work.

There's nothing that shows the cheater have redeem herself.

-

The backstory is a lot longer and detailed than the reconciliation. Did she really stopped the affair? How does this Darin Goodman respond to that? How can she redeems herself after the whole hand-holding and kissing? How do they stop the affair from reoccurring? A lot of questions, but somehow the uninteresting flashback and his date have more details. Remember, Tina was planning to surprise her husband with her date. How does a marriage recover from that disrespect?

-

To some, this is a praiseworthy story. And the usual coattail hanger are already heaping praise. But to me, this just another lazy JPB non-ending.

-Anon6t809

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Interesting story with a different method of delivering a message.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Should have dumped her a LONG time ago.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

We’ll played by hubby. The wife crossed the spouse/boyfriend line and she knows it. He gave her just enough robe to hang herself, but she slipped the noise just in time. Glad he didn’t sleep with his workmate, he kept the morale high ground. She woke up to the shit she was falling for from the asshole when her hubby turned the tables on her. Hopefully they will tune in to each other a bit more.

KRD19254 the line following the line you quoted clearly says Bill DID compliment her, but she discounted those.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

A little too forgiving a little too quickly on his part.

Other than that this really was not much of anything.

Could have been worse, considering the cucks are crawling out of the woodwork, still it felt flat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Funny! 5*

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Men. So she didn't screw him. Women care more about the emotional connection. It's why they are more likely to forgive a sexual affair. Tell her that you have a strong emotional bond or love and she will cut your balls off. Many women will do the same for sex as well but they might forgive in the long term. If this was just about sex then Tina would have already fucked the guy. No, she was already developing feelings. The husband was being replaced and it's why intimacy plummets during an affair by the wife. Doesn't mean she has lost love for her husband but she has definitely lost respect.

You can always tell when men write these stories. The women aren't often realistically portrayed

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

I wish you luck.

You're gonna need it.

This was a fine story.

Not top shelf, but good and entertaining.

4 out of 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That's taking the preemptive strike to another level. Among the best JPB's I've read.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

I believe that there is such a thing as blind stupidity. Billy had to open her eyes to the harm caused by her even thinking that her lunches and after work drinks and dancing would not cause problems to her relationship and marriage. In my mind Tina will have a big hill to climb to repair the damage already caused just by making that date for Saturday that was supposed to end in a bed some place. It only was canceled because William gave Tina her wake up call before she pulled the trigger. I like the ending but, . . . IS IT?

jakie1jakie1over 2 years ago

A nice one JPB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I would have liked to see him tell Tina that nothing happened on his date. Yes. she screwed up but I see ot as punishment

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 2 years ago

Good luck!!!! 5* from me

Thank you sir!

KoxokKoxokover 2 years ago

KRD19254: she said her husband complimented her but she told herself that he had to.

Hubby should get out of this relationship. This is the second time she shopped around and expected him to wait around for her to decide if she wanted him. She only seems to gain interest again when someone else wants him.

jflindersjflindersover 2 years ago

I have no idea why he would want to consider keeping her nor how he would ever trust her in the future. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

KRD19254 - She mentioned in her monolog at the end that "I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband, but somewhere along the line I decided he was only doing it because he had to; it was in his job description."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nope, don’t want your pity fuck. Go enjoy your date, I’ll have some documents for you next week. The marriage didn’t end with flirting it ended with the kissing and the planning to cheat. Might as well go enjoy the fruits of your labors. I’m after all your going to pay a hell of a price for them.

Good luck, goodbye and good riddance.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

Nicely done, Bob. 5 stars.

Hooked

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

It’s sad that so many of us can’t read and understand what they read—or is it just so many have been hurt so badly they can’t see straight?

Since when is a woman or man who have not committed to being exclusive disrespecting anyone by dating someone else? Isn’t that what dating is supposed to be about—first to select the type of mate you might want and then to zero in on the selected one to bed sure they are the ONE.

Best I could tell about this story, it was only after marriage when Tina started losing the bubble that any dis-respecting was going on. And people, the game described here is a two handed one—takes place every day with both men and women showing disrespect to their mates.

JPB this is a darn good story. 5 stars cd

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really liked it…

FYI… I, as the speaker, imply, you, as the listener, infer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Re: KRD19254.

Read the story before you unleash your sermon. The dumb bitch admitted she heard the same things from her husband but disregarded them as being “part of your job description” - her words IN THE STORY! Along with other superlatives to the effect of “a wonderful husband” or some such shit.

@FrikkinSkimmers #idiotblowhard

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 stars - the story was OK, but the actions of the wife clearly demonstrated a severe lack of respect for her husband - just one tiny step before the cheating sex and divorce that would have followed.

How many times have we seen - 'once a cheater always a cheater'?

She needed a lot more severe smack down punishment and months of grovelling ass kissing.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

KRD19254

A direct quote from Tina concerning compliments from her almost lover and her husband, and their apparent invisibility to you:

"I got the same compliments and flattery from my husband, but somewhere along the line I decided he was only doing it because he had to; it was in his job description. Coming from someone else it was an affirmation that I was still a desirable woman. Fortunately for me, at least I hope it is, all that ever happened was some kissing and handholding. Now, because of my stupidity. I'm going to have to work extra hard to convince a suspicious and doubting husband that I've pulled my head out of my ass."

In future, please ready the entire composition before making a fool of yourself.

You're welcome.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

And for the rest of his life, he thinks about whether she can find other ways to cheat on him! I think every normal-thinking man will part with the slut.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
An interesting and certainly different take on the, “ oh, I’m going on a date... but not with you.”

Does he ever say he did not sleep with Angie? Is that ever cleared up?

Of course from this point on he will keep a very careful eye one Tina.

4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

KRD19254. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?? She clearly stated in the story she got the same compliments from her husband. Trying reading the story before you comment.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Heh, I was going to point out KRD19254 his error Re: Compliments, but I see that several others have already thoroughly trashed him about it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Instead of having to be constantly concerned about what his wayward thinking wife may do in the future he should have just given her the rope to hang herself by allowing her to go on her date... then divorce her and never have to worry again... she obviously did not love or respect him enough to never even consider such behavior... he would be better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm here just to see KRD19254 got dunked on

Tootight1Tootight1over 2 years ago

Good. Keep It Simple Stupid, and you did , nice quick and simple.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 2 years ago

could be one of the best "RAAC" stories I've read in some time. 5* and I prefer BTB. Great Job!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Minor variation on that old LW standby, My Wife Goes On a Date. Straight to the point, no filler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lol KRD19254

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Despite my optimism for romance, true love, and lasting relationships, I don’t give this marriage much hope. Maybe her emotional and semi-handsy fling was a single lightning strike, but more likely she is just tired of her marriage. The Seven year itch is a reality check and she didn’t pass it very well.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

JPB is under the belief that pussy will solve everything

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Well, in the scheme of things, JPB is right. If losing pussy is what makes us all so viciously hateful and violent then, by definition, it must be the greatest thing on earth..........

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What about Darin Goodman?

He's the 3rd party in this drama.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah, no! She already committed adultery in her heart and mind. Dump the Bitch!

ZK

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@Powersworder Re: "Any woman who adamantly refuses to be in an exclusive relationship is not marriage material." - I wouldn't go that far. She SHOULDN'T go into an exclusive relationship until she's ready to be exclusive. We've seen too many stories where the wife cheats because she felt that she had missed out while she was single. Where I have an issue with her is how often she seems to just blow him off. If she's really interested in him, she should be saying yes more often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He let her off of the hook too soon. I agree with those who say that might be he caught her before things go out of hand this time, but she'll be more careful next time. Their relationship was dead when she let a womanizer get inside her mind and thought about letting him inside her panties.

Most of these stories seem unfinished to me. You wrote the first part. The easy part. You can write stories like this in your sleep. I've read the same story a lot of times (Wife goes on a date).

The hard part, the writing challenge, the one that takes creative effort, is telling us, readers, what happens next.

You need to up your game, JPB, or keep writing "your usual".

ErotFanErotFanover 2 years ago

Another little nugget from JPB. Great little twist on the "I'm going out" LW sub genre. Would liked to have seen it where he would set up his date to mimic hers. The confrontation between Tina and Angie at the dinner or dancing portion of their shadowed "dates."

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Good story, well written. The story line is not to my liking. That may be because I can't believe it is possible to love someone enough to get past the betrayal and cheating. In my opinion, the planning of the betrayal is just as bad as the actual act. She got away with it. She will try again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To me it was not clear that she knew there was no sex on the husbands date. So will she now feel the need together even? Also, why would he say that "she did want to stay with me"? She gave no indication that she was leaving him. She wanted him as companion and provider and the other guy as sex.

But as others pointed out, he prevented this occurrence and not all of the others. No real indication she will not try again. I don't know if letting her cheat so divorce is the answer. In the end the cost is the same. I like this trick but I also like it when the husband and his date end up at the same place as the wife and hers.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

SIMILAR Stories

Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
843
Let's Zoom 
4.68
602
465
Ask Me Why 
4.59
1k
662
Requital 
4.49
1.5k
1.1k
More Stories