All Comments on 'The Snow Maid'

by Glaze72

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
JohnCKJohnCKover 7 years ago
A good five

You deserve it, i thought it was a well written story..

XxMeteorxXXxMeteorxXover 7 years ago
Please write more

Amazingly done

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 7 years ago
Romance, folklore and warmth on a winter night

Beautifully written and warming the heart. A great effort, and one that makes me want more and more.

Hethen129Hethen129over 7 years ago
Holy hell

This was good wonderfully developed characters lots of attention to detail, could not ask for better

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
Simply a beautiful story.

5* nothing more need be said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well done!

Interesting concept! Very well written! Five * and favorited.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Job.

Very good story out of the ordinary and a very happy ending. Keep writing.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Extremely well done!

A fantasy that became real...a touching love story too!

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 7 years ago
Amazingly well done

And extremely well edited. There was a dropped word elsewhere, but the only one that stood out was, where you used "meeting" instead of "meaning." This following is the sentence in question.

----------------------

Puzzled, she looked into his eyes for a moment, then smiled as she caught his meaning.

----------------------

If my own stories were as well edited, I would be very happy.

The story itself was very well done. If Polina is around, then what about Nga or Mun? Ded Moroz? And I wondered how Olaf reacted to the news of Bill's survival, or about Polina -- would Bill tell him who she really is? And crossing international borders without her having an identity on record ... challenging for mortals at least. A possible jumping off point for further tales of Polina Snegurochka and Bill Carter?

Thank you for sharing! Added to Favorites. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Incredible

Amazing Story! Wish i could score it higher than 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
UNREAL!

THAT WAS A TRULY ENJOYABLE STORY. HOPE TO SEE MORE LIKE IT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Satisfactory

MOST satisfactory. I'd call it a winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo!!

I've experienced a lot of different themes/subgenre on this site. By far, I've found this story to be not only satisfying in it's entertainment, but uplifting as well. Thank you so very much.

AxelottoAxelottoover 7 years ago

I loved the "If the rules don't fit, change the rules" swerve! And the subtle nod to keeping her in peoples thought in his weather report at the end. Very nice, 5*

mtnman6999mtnman6999over 7 years ago
Ahh yes!

My happy ending fix have been thoroughly satisfied. I had a long week and this kicked off the weekend perfectly. Well done. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Different but brilliant. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful Holiday Story

This is a wonderful story, a blend of folklore and reality. Thank you for sharing. This is a true five-star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Gaiman ?

Have you read any of Neil Gaiman's stories?

This has the same feel, the twisting of an old fairy tale to a new form.

Glaze72Glaze72over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks to all

I just wanted to drop a line and let everyone know how much I appreciate your votes and your kind words. This story is near and dear to my heart, and sales through e-publishing have been disappointing to say the least. To have my opinion validated here is very gratifying.

To answer the question above, I have read Neil Gaiman and think he's brilliant.

To all the others, if you wish to see more of my stories, simply do a search for "The Snow Maid" on some of the e-publishing websites. I publish mainly in the fantasy and taboo genres, sometimes mixing the two.

Thanks again,

Glaze72

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful, intriguing, original tale

The beginning was pretty bleak and I was starting to feel down, knowing I'd be reading about a suicide. Then the story took off with Grandma rescuing her "sacrifice". Liked the way the characters got to know each other before engaging in sex. As Bill said, he wasn't sure how to act, considering she had his life in her hands. From such a depressing beginning, to true love - priceless! My only criticism is the epilogue seemed abrupt. In the previous sentence, they were pulling the sled, hoping to find civilization. Then in the next scene, Bill is a weatherman at a TV station. Loved how he mentioned "Snow Maid" in his broadcast, to ensure she would continue to have people who believed in her, regardless of what happened to him.

Also would have liked to read the scene where Bill introduced her to his family - I'm sure they'd have questions such as, "Where did he meet her? What does she do for a living? Where does her family live?" etc. etc. And as stated in another comment - how did he get her to the USA without a passport/visa? Assume the wedding was put off until Bill's family could attend.

luv2read2

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago
Wonderful!!

I absolutely loved your take on the Snow Maid! Wonderful holiday story. Please keep writing!! You are very, very good at it!!

MightyMouse132MightyMouse132over 7 years ago
What a Story!

Excellent Story I loved every word of it. Keep up the Awesome work and I will be a avid reader of yours till you leave or stop writing and I will always remember them and read them over and over again!

The_allegory_manThe_allegory_manover 7 years ago
Wishful thinking.

Is this a fairytale, or is that blonde I see really the maid?

Fairy tales and myth are as necessary to our survival as sun and food.

Thank you, I feel younger already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
i can not...

express how much joy, delight and peace this tale provided. Thanks for your time and talent.

SensualleeSensualleeover 7 years ago
Oh so captivating!

A true gem of a story - catching imagination, passion, hope, and so much more that I cannot think of ways to describe them.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 7 years ago
Wonderful

A great example of finding romance and love in the most unexpected places. Loved the story, thank you for giving up your time for it. I especially loved the ending's epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A beautiful tale

Such beautiful sweetness in this story. Exactly right and so full of love. I'd love a longer version if it was possible, with Polina meeting Bill's family and/or the child's conception/first ultrasound and other nice things to read.

~J~

jmcharl1jmcharl1over 7 years ago
thank you

In all that can be said a simple "thank you" for your time and skill. Not just plot and character but imagery made this story.

I look forward to more stories from you :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Admirable

What a fantastic story; impossible yet logical.

And very well-written.

Thank you

HP

RhodneyRhodneyover 7 years ago
My Gawd, Someone with REAL imagination, at last!

There is... some very good imagination floating around this place.

Most succumb, at some point, to the ridiculously absurd. Females being stretched wide enough to mount an elephant without any tearing, bleeding or damage. and in a day or so back to normal. Normal females being screwed by dozens without becoming numb to the penetration.

You! not only present a believable fiction, you craft new descriptions of sensitive areas. The petals of the vagina.

Thank you for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Literally Fantastic

This was a wonderful story with a kind of fairly tale at it's core, inhabited by two really nice people.

Now I have to check what else you have written.

Thanks !

potsherd22potsherd22over 7 years ago
What a beautiful story...

exquisitely crafted, and so well written. Youn set a new standard for competition stories.

potsherd22potsherd22over 7 years ago
A remembrance of Lawrence Oates

This story is in part a lovely tribute to the courage and sacrifice of Captain Lawrence Oates, who gave his life in a fruitless attempt to improve the prospects of survival of his colleagues in the Antarctic just over a hundred years ago. The writer even quotes Oates' last words as he left the cabin. I hope Glaze 72 will not mind me bringing this to people's attention.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I loved every word.

This is absolutely amazing. I was shocked to find such beautiful writing detailing an actual developed plot and genuine characters. I love how the sex was integrated into the story, rather than being the weak focal point of everything. I also really appreciate that it has some female-friendly sex then some male dom action. It has everything. This story is a jewel among a lot of garbage on this site. I would buy this if it were a book. Really talented author. Loved it.

soulkeeper1987soulkeeper1987over 7 years ago
Amazing

I love reading stories on this site and this story is a good reminder of why. I loved the concept and how it was brought about. Thank you did such a wonderful read.

Glaze72Glaze72over 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks again to all.

It was hugely gratifying to win this contest, so a huge "thank you" to all who read and voted. For those of you who have expressed in interest in purchasing this book, I do have a pen name under which I publish (Alana Church). You can find my books on Smashwords, carnal-pleasures, and Amazon. Smashwords and C-P purchases are preferred, as Amazon is severely censoring my taboo books.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Glaze72

dashyashy116dashyashy116over 7 years ago
May be Professional

I haven't read much stories on this site, maybe 30 or so. So I'm not used to preferring writers but this was like any other professional writers i have read. Excellent choice of words, a tinge of Russian, and the ending. The live with faith concept matches as in the novels 'Percy Jackson' and 'Heroes of Olympus' by Rick Riordan. The whole story was nicely crafted and put together like an artifact. So, a thank you that you let us use your mind for pleasure. Its was good that being an erotic story, the content didn't hover around sex. And i just have a question which you don't really need to answer. Its just out of curiosity that if she lives in outer world because of Bill's belief as he's the largest shareholder of faith in her life. As more people start to believe her, his share would decrease and she would end up forced to live in the same place again? Again the story was fantastic, mind blowing and a good piece of fuck.

smokosfunktimesmokosfunktimeover 7 years ago
Five stars

Excellent story!!!!!!!!

IrfonIrfonover 7 years ago
Brilliant !!

Using an old theme - with a new slant - thoroughly enjoyable.

Thank you, Glaze72.

Five Stars...of course !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Fun!

Excellent story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The perilous trek back to civilisation would have been wonderfully exciting

The reunion with family and acceptance into his family, the publicly crafted story of how they met for the media and a somewhat truthful version for his friends/family... topped with the ending... "and so I decided to pen the story of the faith and love I have for my snow maid and submit it to as many anonymous websites as I can. May she always remain as young and pure as new fallen snow." And perhaps a sequel following the life of their child a Demigod in his/her own rights... theres so much more . Must calm down. Kudos to the author!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Thank you for this thoughtful tale

The skill with which lore, legend, and love are blended was a pleasure to read.

taco1085taco1085about 7 years ago
omg

i have to say, this is so well written. I love the story and wish it could have went on. how fantastic, thank you for a fantastic read...

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
A very well done story

I enjoyed this a great deal. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Puts the EROTICA back into Literotica

THIS is what erotica should be. Plenty of sex, but in the context of a beautifully told story. This submission should have a much higher score, in my opinion.

Comentarista82Comentarista82almost 7 years ago
Completely seductive, completely charming

I can recall some stories I've read here that I enjoyed or even loved for some reason, but I have *never* been so enchanted and enraptured by one until "The Snow Maid."

We start with a man ready to die, who happens to see something that might make his final moments passable, then he ends up recovering with Polina. At first you confused me with the constant name-changing, but I rode it out and understood why there was the triple reference. I loved how she nursed him back to health and especially how they both grew younger and actually developed a plausible friendship--to the extent she loved all his "dad" jokes--which completed her sudden, final transformation into the Maid. I don't know what charmed me more: their banter, him treating her gentlemanly or both of them holding back so they didn't force themselves upon the other! When they finally couple, what a glorious union! It was teased, hinted at until it exploded onto the scene. You wove such a rich tapestry of sentiment, thoughts and company together into such an incredibly tender scene. I guess I can best summarize it as a slow burn and a slow seduction and all the classic great lit markers are there: non-understanding of the real situation/denial/grudging acceptance/realization and then full-blown wham! By the time they unite themselves, they pleasure each other so wonderfully and none of it feels forced. Either you redacted this marvellously on your own, you had a skilled editor or some combination of the two...but I can't think of a single thing you could have improved. I even loved him changing her hair to curly red! While I thought you would choose the actual traditional "romantic" interpretation (they burn brightly but then die), you took a classic, mystical tale to a modern, happy ending! She even loves Mexican food and he's talking to kids about the Snow Maid!

Totally sensational, charming and completely satisfying to both the mind and senses. A hands-down 5 and I'm voting for your entry for best sci-fi/fantasy story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

Amazing writing and character development, and I'd never thought I'd see Des Moines mentioned by name here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Absolutely marvelous!

I do not even know how to say how much I enjoyed this. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Applause!!!!!

Now THAT is a writer!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
love

I have been reading these stories for a while however this is by far the best!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Outstanding!

ParallelDimensionParallelDimensionover 6 years ago
Outstanding

Very well written. Would love to read more stories from you.

Fereniki_AlexandrouFereniki_Alexandrouover 6 years ago

Overall, this is a very good, well-written story. The part about her starting out as an old women and growing younger as they got to know each other was a bit weird at first, but I think you managed to make it work, and, once again, overall, the story was very good.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
In a way, he's helped her more than just with children...

Adults listen to weather reports because they want to trust that this person who is educated in the field knows what they're talking about...

As he (having an inside scoop) tends to more and more accuracy - and not just about the big things but also about little things like "it'll snow from 12:32 until 4:19"... THAT kind of stuff will make him MORE believable... and when he SAYS "the snow maid told me" some people will start to believe in her...

After all, what meteorologist has THAT kind of accuracy...?

And as he becomes more popular, gets into a bigger market...? Wham! Ongoing belief...

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Loved it

Beautiful love story.

Thank you for such a creative tale. It makes you ask what is legend, history, mythology, or make believe? Is it true? Is it real? Does it exist because we want it to?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
My favorite

This is such a wonderful well-imagined and well-written story! Will never forget the snow maid!!

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
OMG

What a great story; one of best on the site. Thought that Gaelic Goddess was so good, this surpasses. I’m moving on to your other stories — every one. Know that you publish on other venues, but would you please add more of your unique, talented work to this site. Know I am not alone in hoping for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic story!

Absolutely fantastic. Thank you for the story.

EnglishvoyeurEnglishvoyeurover 5 years ago
Truly magical

What a super blend of fact, folklore and fantasy and, my goodness, very erotic writing. Frankly, one of the best stories I have ever read on here. Thank you x

EmirusEmirusover 5 years ago
Should I give up writing?

I came across this story by accident. Sci-Fi isn’t my first choice in literature either on this site or main stream books. All successful stories are fantasy because they do what the reader wants which is to remove them from the normal world.

I began reading it initially because the title intrigued me. Hook your reader right away is what you’re told and I thought “The dying man got dressed” was excellent. Why was a dying man bothering to get dressed? I wondered where the Lawrence Oates storyline was going to take me. When I got to the Snow Maid again I wondered where it was going. I just continued from there. Wanting to know where it was going next. I liked that the ending was in direct contrast to the beginning. I like a twist at the end of a story and it can be done in many ways.

Four pages is as much as I can usually manage in one sitting because of my poor concentration but I managed the six pages without a problem. That’s a good sign.

I write but nothing as good as this which is why I posed the question “should I give up writing?” I don’t think I will because long before I began submitting to this site nine months ago I wrote for my own enjoyment and I started submitting stories to be able to share my imagination. I would like a list of red H’s to massage my ego but, with one exception, the categories I post in are populated by moronic 1-bombers. If not for them I’d have six red H’s instead of two.

Anyway, enough of my self pity, and back to saying I enjoyed your story.

EmirusEmirusabout 5 years ago
What happened?

I left a comment on this story and it’s been deleted. I can’t understand why because I loved it like so many other readers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

"Who the Hell is Betty Crocker?" Was the best line I have ever read in any story!!!

Well done!!

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A wonderful story!

Magical and loving! Well done!

jkon77jkon77over 4 years ago
Thank you for a lovely story

I enjoyed your story very much, for several reasons:

. Good story telling, with the different parts flowing easily,

. Excellent exposition of many facts,

. Good and witty dialogs,

. Good syntax and style. I even learnt the word "hems" (I'm a foreigner -French-)

. Sexy, but not based on sex (my personal preference),

. Many other compliments, which I don't yet know how to write.

-> I will definitely read and comment your other stories.

. Since it's presently 2:40 am of Jan 1st, 2020, I wish you a *Happy New Year* !

-> Many thanks for bringing joy to my first day of this year.

And thank you for sharing your talent with all of us, and the time you took to imagine then write this story.

Glaze72Glaze72about 4 years agoAuthor
If you liked this story and would like to read more of my work...

You can find it on my personal website, along with a lot more, at www.alanachurch.com!

derGaertnerderGaertnerabout 4 years ago
Wonderful lovestory

Thank you for this work of yours - it brought me to tears.Our "modern" world has too less imagination of the otherworldly tales, you brought back some of my beliefs. Obviously not all is lost!

jwmcleanjwmcleanabout 4 years ago

liked it a lot thanks, liked the mystical part and the idea that the happy ending didn't diminish the whole tale. I especially liked the little bit about the snow maid on the broadcast.

avidreader123avidreader123almost 4 years ago
Excellent

Very much enjoyed your tale. Loved the characters and the storyline. Reminiscent of Lady Winter by Lien Geller, one of my favorites. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

just wish the epilogue was just a little longer... or a lot longer...

AwkwardOrpheusAwkwardOrpheusover 3 years ago
A Sated Hunger.

Your story is as satisfying and fulfilling as a Christmas dinner. So many dishes, so many aromas, and so many flavors. For me, this love story was the best in so many ways. You allowed the characters to tell their stories, and to grow into themselves. The sex came after their love. They had lust and passion, but oh so tastefully done. You are a true wordsmith. You brought an entirety of language to the front to weave a tale to touch ones heart, as well as........other bits.

Griffin_ScoutGriffin_Scoutover 3 years ago
still one of my favorites

I read this when it first was published on the site. I thought it was amazing then and reading it again I still think it is amazing. I must agree that there could be a continuation telling the trip back to civilization and the meeting and acceptance of the family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
found again

loved this little tale the first time I read it.

but I am bad with names and lost it for a while.

myself I cannot see the man in the moon.

but I do see our lady of the night.

right profile at rising, left profile at set.

perhaps other still do as well.

keep the faith in the small gods

they are closer to you than you know

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
WELL DONE G72 WELL DONE INDEED

Very interesting and delightful love story I enjoyed it very much. Added to my favorites. Thank you

Blinkie99Blinkie99about 3 years ago
An excellent story

The story was very well done.

linnearlinnearalmost 3 years ago
Very Well Done

A wonderful story and I guess love does conquer all. I'm glad I read this as I was looking for Bill and the Snow Maid after reading Saytrday Afternoon. Great story.

Thom_the_gleemanThom_the_gleemanalmost 3 years ago

An absolutely wonderfull story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very cute tale, set in a world that was explained so well and naturally to me that I didn’t feel the need to ask questions or reread anything to make sense of it all. I’ll have to see what else you’ve come up with but for now, have 5 stars

striker24striker24almost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable and well-written story, thanks! The world needs more love IMO.

It amazes me how bored people must be with happiness and success. The happily ever after parts are typically so ridiculously short, it seems authors trip over themselves to end them as quickly as possible. Abruptly even.

Fear of seeming self-indulgent maybe? Fear of breaking reader immersion because extended happiness seems so unrealistic, even in a fantasy setting? Lack of personal experience exploring happiness? Maybe even uneasiness of the thought of being too happy? "Perhaps people find it too boring", he said with an exasperated chuckle devoid of mirth. I really don't know but it's disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful, made me tear up, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Really nice!

Looks like someone paid attention to "American Gods"; wonderful to craft such an amazing story.

roveroneroveroneover 2 years ago

VERY nice story...liked the characters, and that you made her perpetually horny

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

Lovely story. It has its faults, but most were fairly easy to overlook, except the end was pretty inadequate in my opinion. Feels like a huge chunk is missing. Though, I admit I enjoyed reading the mutually assured immortality part. Glad you did that. Most writers are way, way to hung up on making immortality some horrible existence.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Ending is a bit off. But I do like the story. AAAA++++

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Wonderful storytelling with a great ending!!!

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellover 2 years ago

Cute story. IMO The sex was a little over done, but I guess that's the point of this place. ;)

roveroneroveroneover 2 years ago

just read again...their coupling Pg 4-WHEW!

gave it 5 first time-can't believe I didn't add it to Favorites then...and going into All-time Bests folder

SO nice you've given her a golden muffin...goddess indeed....

read most of the first 5 similar stories-hopefully some similar new

DocWordsDocWordsover 2 years ago

That was a beautiful piece of art. Thank you for sharing it.

DocWords

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful bit of creative writing. The intimate scenes were so sensually articulated. Thank you for sharing your beautiful ability with us mortals...!

taco1085taco1085over 2 years ago

I have read this story 3 times and everything I read it I love it even more. Thank you for an amazing story.

IamboredtooIamboredtooover 2 years ago

Great story and the outcome fits perfectly, Bill being the simple but smart hero to win the princess and slay the evil whatever.

Blinkie99Blinkie99over 2 years ago

I've read this multiple times and all I have to say is I wish it was longer or you had more stories of a similar vein. One of the better stories on the site.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

Beautiful story...and ANY story that references Doctor Who [Bill thought of the TV shows he had used to watch. "Some of the...storytellers among my own people have told tales of a similar sort. A house which is bigger on the inside isn't such a terrible thing."] is automatically AWESOME!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderfully done.

The only addition or comment would be to accredit the person speaking. Many of the verbalized parts made me wonder who was speaking.

really enjoyable - THANKS

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding! What a blend of myth and modern possibility. Loved it.

More.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I remember reading this story some years ago and it is still as magical and uplifting as it was then. Thanks for sharing with us.

5*

Tc

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 2 years ago

How metaphorical. Beliefs affect even reality.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 2 years ago

What a heart warming story with a very happy ending. The blending of folklore and good story telling made this a very enjoyable story to read. Thanks and five stars.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[03.08.22]

Upon this re-re-re-reading I noticed the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference:

[Bill spent an entire furious afternoon trying to convince the house to produce the ingredients for a strange drink he called "eggnog".]

Of course recalling Arthur Dent trying to explain tea to the Heart of Gold food maker.

11/10 Marvin the Paranoid Androids!!!!!

rayottrayottover 1 year ago

You should write more of these.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGlaze72@Glaze72
3412 Followers
Hello All: Update as of May 2023. I have had people reach out to me regarding sequels to stories that I have posted on here, so let me address those first: "Mary's Innocent Passion." This is titled "Innocent Passion" on my page on Smashwords and my personal website. No seque...

SIMILAR Stories