All Comments on 'Faith, Hope and Love'

by JoeDreamer

Sort by:
  • 220 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice one

At last a first class Christmas time romance.Great stuff,the best so far this year. Thank you.

sferguson53sferguson53over 7 years ago
Wow

Wow. Great story. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fan-tas-tic

What a beautiful well written story that bring out the true meaning of the truth of the reason for Christmas

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
We missed you

Welcome back, JoeDreamer. A new story from you really is a Christmas treat! Periodically over the last couple years I would go check your page to see if you'd submitted anything new, and rereading my favorites of yours. You're probably the first author on Lit that I went through and archive-binged because I couldn't get enough of your stories. Your romances are always touching, sweet, and incredibly heartwarming. This one definitely measured up to your classic high bar. Hope life had been treating you well, and hoping for more stories from you soon!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great!

Great Christmas story.

He really needs one more chapter to see the reaction of the family and especially of the grandmother before the relationship of Colin and Faith.

I loved the story, and that is really hard for me, since I am a person who hates piercing and tattoo, to my understanding, it is a contempt for the human body and a door for health complications. In women, in addition, it can give problems in the childbirth, since some tattoos can prevent the use of the epidural.

But that is my humble personal opinion, but it clearly indicates how good this story is, that it was more than my own opinion on this subject.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

SpotInTheSandSpotInTheSandover 7 years ago
Holy shit.

You've been gone a while, Joe, but you definitely know how to make a re-entrance. This is one of your best, which is saying something. Thanks for sharing!

texquilltexquillover 7 years ago
Just Amazing!

This is a wonderfully thought-out tale. Thanks for sharing your great talent with us!

AndrewmsailingAndrewmsailingover 7 years ago
Absolutely wonderful.

Thank you so very much. I loved everything about it. Like another commenter I look forward to a meeting with the family including Grandma. I hope you will consider it. Each couple deserves their "spin-off" story, as does Ryan for whom redemption may yet come, after appropriate travails. There is more to be told of Rose and CC. Please let us know more about these characters. Oh, one more thing, I am a big fan of piercings and tats, so thank you also for that.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
A Crescendo Worth Waiting For

This long tale had a slow build up that was indeed worth the wait. The character development was really good and I astonished myself by reading almost every word of an 11 page story (usually 4 or 5 is my limit). Joe did a good job of maintaining the suspense of where Collin and Faith knew each other from. I knew we'd find out and the explanation was plausable and satisfying. I'm not sure I've read anything else by this author before, but I certainly will look for more.

Other comments asked for more chapters, but I really enjoy being left with something to fantacize on my own. I can think of the meeting with grandma and Colin and Faith getting to know each other better without Joe painting his picture. He set the story in motion and I'd like to think it would be fun to keep the ball rolling myself. After all, isn't Literotica the ultimate location for all of us to indulge in fantasy? Certainly 5*

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
beautiful love story

and not just because of the season

others have expressed an interest in knowing more about these people. I too would like to be able to watch their relationships grow. Meeting grandma would be an added treat.

Joyoux Festivus

from the rest of us

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 7 years ago
Remarkable story!

Great love story in itself but an added helping of acceptance and caring

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

A heart-warming story. Well crafted and written. Now I have to go read (re-read in some cases) your other stories. You have a real talent - best story I've read in some time. I too hope you can continue telling more of Faith and Colin's story.

thalt992000thalt992000over 7 years ago
Feeling

I feel this story stop at a point where if ever decided it could get a second part but at the same time a fair ending point to stay solo and not be upsetting to people who live the characters of the story bit also left it to where has 2 other couple point of views and he pick up also rathe it be rose or Eli's as they had some good supporting roles that could be expanding on. ( 5*) all the way love this one alot.

HTW2HTW2over 7 years ago
Wonderful read

Glad you're still writing. Some of your Romance stories are among my favorite on Literotica, and I'm happy to add this one to that category as well. Wonderful character development allowed me to really feel drawn in to the story. Always a sucker for a happy ending too. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it.

Such an engaging story that the pages flew by. In the end I was wishing it was 50 pages just so I could keep reading.

rnebularrnebularover 7 years ago
Absolutely loved this

I honestly had no problem mentally filing in missing words and grammar, as this is easily one of the best romance stories I have had the pleasure of reading. Easy 5 stars, wishing I could give more. I also agree with the previous poster that at the end I was going for more. Great work and please keep writing!!!

Rnebular

trigudistrigudisover 7 years ago
Terrific Effort

Lots of typos, missed punctuation marks, etc but a great romance story nevertheless. You made me care about these characters, their thoughts, their feelings and what might happen to them. Normally, I'd say no thanks to an eleven-page "short story" but you drew me in from the first paragraph and I just kept on reading. Keep up the good work.

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Beautifully told tale

Seven fascinating characters and a big message. Thanks

Storm113Storm113over 7 years ago
Good, really, really good!

This is pro grade. Thank you for your work. You might want to consider doing this for a living. Of course, then it might be less fun and more like work,lol! Again, thank you. P.S. Please consider continuing this!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very, very nice

Very, very nice. Your story is genuinely romantic and a decent story with a number of characters (which doesn't always happen in a romantic short story). I enjoyed it very much and look forward to reading more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Amazing, captivating, wonderful

I was hooked from the first paragraph, and couldn't let go until the last page - rarely do I find stories that engaging. Why?

1) Wonderful characterization - each person felt unique, with their own personalities and foibles - even Ryan - who, yeah, is annoying, but I also feel for him, since the poor guy is pretty clueless as to his effect on people.

2) Subplot about how Colin knew Faith - interesting and kept me going.

3) The big reveal - loved how it came as part of a normal conversation, rather than being set up as the "big reveal".Much, much better than when a lesser author deliberately and manipulatively adds in conversation/thoughts to explain the "big reveal". This was a lot more subtle and felt natural - well done!

4) Faith's unique personality - how the tattoos, colored hair, piercings enhanced her as a person, rather than being used simply to state that's she's a wild child/hippie.

5) Sensitive portrayal/outing of Rose as a lesbian in a thoughtful manner, because as the family noted, not everyone would be OK with it and accepting of her. Often, when not the main relationship, lesbians are used as filler, in a stereotypical manner. Glad Rose and Sophie are presented as just regular people, which of course, they are - not freaks, not evil, not a threat to heterosexuals.

Last, but not least, please continue with a part 2 - I'd love to read when Faith meets Grandma - and how the family responds to Rose's sexuality. Can only imagine Ryan will have some great lines - grin.

luv2read2

Richie4110Richie4110over 7 years ago
Among the best stories I've ever read!

Well done. Definitely a 5*+. All character build up and dramatic segue making it so easy to follow the development make this as enjoyable as watching a great Broadway play.

Thanks for sharing your considerable talent with us.

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 7 years ago
Also it's wonderful

Being able to read another one of your stories.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 7 years ago
Good read!

The characters were distinct even if some (Ryan and often Eli) were borderline obnoxious. The story started off strong but bogged down in the middle with sophomoric dialogue, but then made a pretty strong comeback. Some editing clean-up would help the flow. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dialogue makes a good read

Hi, JoeDreamer, good to read new stuff from you! I was afraid your source had dried out. Your style is easily recognizable, and the generous use of dialogue makes your stories a nice and smooth read. Over and over.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 7 years ago
Best Romance I've Read in Awhile

First off, Welcome back! It is so good to see a story from you on here once more. The story was absolutely wonder. Don't get me wrong, it needs an editor. However it was spectacular. The only detail that had me rolling my eyes was that all 3 couples found someone within that week. That said, it was truly romantic. The interaction between Faith and Colin was wonderful. It made me want to read Saving the Company all over again. Which is next after finishing this comment. I hope you continue to write and share your gift with the people here and anywhere really. Thank you so much for your time and the works you have given to us.

Rickman48Rickman48over 7 years ago
Absolutely great!

I loved this story! The story line was perfect for the season!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Welcome Back!

I miss your stories and am glad to have a new one that is so good, certainly worth the wait.

ocaladouglasocaladouglasover 7 years ago

absolutely loved this story couldn't stop reading till the end one of the best I have read in a while

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks for this, I laughed a lot.

This story is truly enjoyable. The characters are so realistic and authentic, I got hooked right from the start. It has this great recurring romantic element with the three theological virtues, which could've been done better, but was pretty well executed nonetheless.

What I was missing was actually some development of the narrating character. It seems to be more Faith's story than his and he appears to be someone without personal issues. He becomes lovesick but that's about it. (Or did I forget something?) Perhaps a little too good to be true.

Anyway, I liked the pacing and flow of the writing and forgave all the grammatical errors. The length was perhaps close to optimal but what do I know? A couple more pages may not have hurt, haha!

- RP

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it. My favorite story of the year:-)

Great characters, and better story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the best

This has got to be one of the best stories I've read on this site

Looking forward to reading your other stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

You've been one of my favorite authors, but this? This took your game to an amazing new level. In just ten pages or so, you've given me four memorable characters to fall in love with each in their own way, and brought me to tears and laughter both .. I've bought print novels from writers with less talent than you have. I hope to find a way to support your writing career on your Bio page someday soon!

LadyMireilleLadyMireilleover 7 years ago
Great writing!

Very talented writing! Loved the story and characters. Thanks for such a headtwarming story. Kept my interest the whole time despite there being so few sex scenes. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
That....

Was awesome. A little sappy at times but awesome!

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 7 years ago
Sweet.

You tied it all in a bow nicely.

For me, his Instant Lifetime Commitment was a Very Long Leap.

In fact, all three couples had me thinking the same thing.

Nice blending of thoughts and feelings.

Page 9 had several fixey-poos?

I'm left with an afterglow from your content! And the family warmth.

AlexCastleAlexCastleover 7 years ago
Excellent!

I'd long considered making a Literotica account solely so I could create a list of favourite stories that I didn't have to search for. This was the one that finally pushed me into doing it; the story that I decided I really didn't want to lose.

loverdaveloverdaveover 7 years ago
feeling sappy

The heart of a great story is in the development of the characters involved. You have made them real and very human. Please do us all a favor and keep writing...

MaximillianMeenMaximillianMeenover 7 years ago
Great to have you back!

As Fate would have it, I entered the site through the home page. I usually go right to the Story Index. I browsed the verbiage and noticed your name as a contest winner. I checked your author page and saw that this was the first contribution in over a year. It was well worth the wait. You have been one of my favorite authors on the site for a long time, but this is possibly your chef d'oeuvre. Usual editor corrections aside, this is a very romantic and well-written story that draws you right in. The sex is exciting, but like the best of real life, a wonderful complement to the story as a whole. Such a well thought-out and executed story begs further development of the main (and secondary) characters (ala Joel and Carrie) and what may happen next in their lives. Any more chapters by your hand would be most welcome, but this story can stand alone as a wonderful romantic story. Thanks for the Christmas gift and welcome back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
EFFING AMAZING!!!

Just the right mix of emotions, sex and romance. And whats more, reading it during the holidays makes it that much more special. Loved every bit of it!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 7 years ago
Thanks

For such an enjoyable story.

softnotesoftnoteover 7 years ago
Really good!

Really nice story. Should've been 1st place, imo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

A truly beautiful story. I too think this should have won. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outhouses, what you never knew

Okay, lol, you don't clean out the pit under an outhouse. Sorry, but that is historically

funny.

I'm an old guy, and I used to help as a kid with outhouse duty at my Dad's camp at the lake. First, you move the outhouse away from the hole. Then, you dig a new hole next to the old one, using the dirt removed, to fill the old hole. Finally, after the hole is filled, you move the outhouse on top of the new pit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great read

Not much in the way of sex,,,,,,, but that was OK. True the outhouse part was funny, but un realistic. The best part was the underlying meaning of the ENTIRE story, Faith, Hope and Love. Made me cry at parts thinking about my parents and grandparents. Thank you for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

really enjoyable, thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the best I have ever read on this site!

One of the best stories I have read on this site!

JoeDreamerJoeDreamerover 7 years agoAuthor
Don't Normally Comment on My Own Stories, But...

...the whole outhouse discussion made me laugh. Mostly because everyone seems to think it was far-fetched, but one of the only parts of this story based on a real experience was the outhouse scene. Thanks for the comments though.

JD

IrfonIrfonover 7 years ago
Simply...

Five STARS !!

walkamilewalkamileover 7 years ago
Just WOW:)

This story is outstanding. Excellent character development. It didn't drag at all. Even though this is a sex story site, the sex scenes were perfect and not over done. Each and every character had a unique and necessary part to play, even Ryan. Each one was totally believable as a real person with real feelings and emotions. I may have been the only one who guessed right off that Colin knew her from the family music camp video and was highly pleased that I was correct. That was a great clue in a who-done-it type story. The pesky comments about the outhouse scene are ridiculous. The asking for more...well I too would like more..so that means that this story has legs. As for a story about Faith meeting grandma. I only want you to do that one because you left out one very important thing from this story.

What's the damn recipe for the hot chocolate?

FromGrnMtnFromGrnMtnabout 7 years ago
Loved it!

This story is amazing! Loved the characters, the dialog and all of the scenes. This is my first read of your work and definitely look forward to reading more of your creations from the past, present and the future, Please continue!

LustKnightLustKnightabout 7 years ago
Five Stars...

...just aren't enough. Well written all around; fantastic characters, dialogue, and pacing. This is a fantastic story.

LustKnightLustKnightabout 7 years ago
Also...

...welcome back! I hope we'll hear more from you after your long hiatus. =)

Robyn1859Robyn1859about 7 years ago
So good

I just reread this,,,, it is so good and remarkably fulfillimg

Rickman48Rickman48about 7 years ago
Touching God..

It's what love is supposed to be and this story really did throw a spotlight on my personal faith. Thanks! More please...

Rick

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved it

You handle a crowd's conversations very well [there's a lesson there, I think].

The dawning of realisation is bloody good, too.

Thank you for a damned good story.

73

HP

Crusader235Crusader235almost 7 years ago
Excellent

Just an excellent read through out! Thanks for it! Maybe another chapter for when Faith meets Grandmother, and then the rest of his family. Hmm, maybe a whole series for all the characters.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Magik was in the air

and maybe in the hot chocolate?

Part of the fun was due to the eclectic mix of the core group.

I wish we had met Grandma

gunmakergunmakerover 6 years ago

I've always enjoyed your work. This may be your best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Simply A Great Story

One of the finest and most touching of any story I've read here. I can't praise it enough. I loved it. I wish I could give it 10 stars.

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
An excellent story.

Really enjoyed it!

Sorry to be greedy but what about a final chapter to tie it up (even Ryan could find someone to love) and a separate story of Rose and Sophy?

Like I said..greedy! But like your stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Classic!

Gripping, plenty of emotion to bring the story to give it realism. The details of memories and depth of background would make this into the best movie imaginable. Lots of typos and grammatical errors could polish it, though.

DoctimeDoctimeover 6 years ago
Great story

I thoroughly enjoyed it. A delightful read. However please look up the difference between past and passed. (You are not the only author to misuse them). An editor should have caught them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An Outstanding Story

Your mix of characters was perfect. The relationship of CC and Rose in music was a real bonus. I liked how each character had a piece of the puzzle. Very well developed story. Thanks for sharing your time. I won't forget this love story for the rest of my years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I Know It's Been A While, But....

This is in the top 3, Literotica stories I've ever read. Amazing build up and character development, including "peripheral" characters. It's been over 10 years since you published this, but I'd love to see more. Ok, done commenting. Off to reread this again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Pleasantly Surprised

Instead of being assaulted by the usual plethora of erotica this story led good content. My only constructive critique was that I meant to give it a four star but the web page wouldn’t let me correct; however that being said the reason for deduction was because of the lack of attention to grammatical mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I think I am going to like your shelf in this library

I found you through BlackRand's Western challenge. This is the second of your stories I have read. I love these stories. You are a talented writer.

I am going to be here a while reading your stories and checking back regularly to catch the new ones. Thank you for sharing your talent with us, the readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Best story ive read on literotica so far...

Im in love with this story!!! Ill be reading it several times before im done. It was well written, characters were created beautifully, and the story just flowed with such a smoothness that i cant begin to describe. Truly a masterpiece. Should be the top story on Literotica, because it is in my book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent read

A well written story which drew me in within the first few paragraphs. Interesting, three dimensional and believable characters. Good plot with some interesting twists. A touch twee in places and a few minor errors but overall an excellent read.

Lord_Dane81Lord_Dane81over 6 years ago
I love this story!

I found this story a while back and I was struck by it. I love the idea of the past coming back around to shape the future and how something as simple as a video of Faith singing as a child stuck in his subconscious and changed both their lives. A well-written and very enjoyable tale.

On another note, JoeDreamer, you set me a challenge. I only favorite one story per author as a rule and you had several that I had to pick from. It took a lot of pondering but I finally chose this one. Great work and keep at it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Very Love Based Story

Everything in this story is perfect except maybe a little editing. You are a gifted author who understands human nature. It was marvelous meld of characters. Everyone had their place. Few authors can write this well. Thank you for taking the time to write and share. This story is a precious gift that I will take to my grave with a smile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Damn! What a great story. Characters so real. Emotions so palpable. I was disappointed it ended so soon. Thank you, JoeDreamer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fun story

A fun story for a holiday love story. I enjoyed it, but found it lacking a bit. We needed more background on forever. Where were they really going?

Just too short, but fun how things did come together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful!

Beautifully written. This would make a great romantic movie. Edit it again. There are a few errors, but really, who cares. Well done.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
I'm

Going to be a Sheep and follow the rest and say Brilliant, etc, etc. Could we maybe see the ending with Faith meeting the Family. Marriage and All that? Pleeeze

Anyway that's my Comment 5 ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sweet

I loved how Colin expresses himself and how he adores Faith. Mainly, I loved the story because it reinforces (at least for me) that consent is important, thinking about the other person's wants/needs, and simply being there for some one are ways to show we love and care. I liked how the characters interacted with each other because it made me feel a human connection to them. Some of the comebacks made me laugh. I wish we could see more of Colin and Faith all the way until their kids, but that is asking for to much. So, thank you for posting this piece and I hope you continue to write other stories. Also, thank you for writing "God has a plan" and about waiting I needed to see that today.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 6 years ago
Nice

How nice to read an actual romantic story with such love and emotion from the couple, friends and family. The humor was a big plus. I found the story flowed well with always a hint of more to follow. My only suggestion on improvement would be to let a second person read the story slowly after it has been edited. Numerous errors which made me stop and reread the sentences to understand the sentence. Well Done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Very Nice Story

I liked it very much. As someone else suggested, I would have liked to have read the scene where Faith met Grandma and the rest of the family. But that’s just me being greedy. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Super duper awesome

Loved the storyline....however I enjoy humour a lot that too when its a little twisted...little sarcastic....Eli is definitely my fav character....wish to read more about him in ur next story...of course keeping the twisted humour 😊

thurerigthurerigalmost 6 years ago
Such a great read

The anticipation of them sticking together was killing me because I know that feeling personally. Truly a beautiful, romantic story...thank you so much

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Best story ever!!! Thanks

I loved the story but the part that resonated with me was the wonderful Christian influence in light of the peculiarities of each of the family members!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

Was great happy for both of them. The other characters were awesome Eli was hiarious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wonderfully told

A very romantic story which I loved. Things like this do happen. I know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

Over the last few days, I have read it twice. A great love story, well written, and I wish you a Happy New Year.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
Another

Great story by you. You have romance story talent.5

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
Wonderful romance

Thank you, this was quite brilliant, loved all the beautifully drawn characters that helped make this a special story.

c50chrisc50chrisabout 5 years ago
Easily one of my top 3 favorite stories

Stumbled back upon this story (again) and read it for the third time. Still love it. Good writing (minus a couple of grammar issues) and good storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The Zenith

Best of the best

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Best ive read

The Best Ive read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A lovely flow to a Loving Story.

Good transitions and continuity to a story that I could not put down until I finished it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Awesome

Came here to fap ended up crying

CreepythinmanCreepythinmanalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful

Grammar & typo error aside, this is a very lovely story. Too wonderful & heartfelt for words. This author knows how to tell a story & tug at your heartstrings. I highly recommend it. 4 stars - and that missing star is only because of the errors, nothing more.

paulyepspaulyepsover 4 years ago
That was my favorite of all your stories !

That was perfect .. and as with most of your stories, I always want more ... thanks ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF is with these bitter "need an editor or typos" comments ??

Then the comments go on to say "What a wonderful story". It really was a wonderful story especially when (in the bar) Faith got up and sang a homage to her Dad. And Colin, understood the message.

"Bitter Comments" get a life !!

Rickman48Rickman48over 4 years ago
I love this story!

I just love this story. I must have read it a dozen times since and it never fails to pick me up and put me in a good mood. Please sir, may we have some more?

flarebel2327flarebel2327over 4 years ago
typos

for all of you who comment about typos stick your head into a wood chipper !!!! I read these for enjoyment & as far as anything else WHO CARES I DON'T . want a perfect story go to a book store shell out 25 $ up. BUTT HOLES !!!!!!!!!!!

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Great story

Sometimes that one person makes everything in the world right. Even if its for just a moment. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This would make a great Christmas movie.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
Added to favorite stories

Outstanding story! I was sad when it came to an ending but at least it is a very happy ending. Yes, Grandma will love Faith as will the rest of the family. I made this one of my favorite stories because it's way more than just sex, it had feelings and emotions all wrapped up in one package. As for typos and mistakes, I never saw them because I was so engrossed in the story to let them bother me. Sorry I can only give it a five.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous