Wife Shows Me Proper English Riding

Story Info
Eastern wife teaches Texas cowboy English riding!
3.2k words
4.35
43.2k
40
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

How in the hell had I ever been talked into this shit, I wondered, as I tried to stay on the precarious perch that was an English saddle atop a feisty bay mare named Sofia. From my perspective of Western-style riding, I had always looked at English riding as something effeminate and unmanly. It was far beneath my last-of-the-real-cowboys macho attitude. Now, as I tried to keep up with Danielle and her beautiful, black, thoroughbred stallion, I realized how wrong I had been. Simple cantering was proving to be damned difficult.

Danielle looked over her shoulder and smiled at me. Her beautiful brown eyes flashed mirthfully from beneath the visor of her Troxell riding helmet. "Come on, you wimp. Let's move! These are just horses. Remember?" She threw my words back at me. She raised her crop in the air and then waved it forward, like it was a cavalry sabre. "Gallop!" Her laughter was all but lost beneath the sound of thundering hooves, as her beloved Black Diamond responded instantly to her commands. I was always amazed at how Danielle, all 5'2" and 110 pounds of her, rode atop this huge beast and so easily became one with him.

Not to be outdone, I urged my thoroughbred mare into an uneasy gallop and was surprised at how the change in tempo and rhythm felt. If I was precariously perched before, I was barely hanging on, after. Even with the leather sewn onto the inner side of my pants legs, I was having a terrible time gripping the saddle. My feet threatened to come out of the irons any second. Everything felt wrong.

I cursed the saddle, the horse and the goddam helmet that felt so strange bobbing on my head. Of course, deep inside I knew where the real problem was, and that was with my skill level. I'd told Danielle that any decent cowboy could ride English and had refused all but the most rudimentary instructions, and then, I'd only half-listened and had wise-cracked the whole time.

Danielle and Black Diamond were pulling away from me as if I were riding a draft horse. In a last desperate attempt to save my tarnished male pride, I leaned forward and used the crop on Sofia's flank. She instantly responded, and about two seconds later, I knew I was in deep shit. My right foot slipped from its iron and I began to un-ass the horse in a kind of slow-motion cartwheel. I looked for hand-holds, but on this saddle, there were none. In the moment before I hit the grassy carpet, I realized why these people wore helmets when they rode.

Now, I've bull-dogged steers, roped cattle and even sat atop a few bronchos in my life and have been thrown in some imaginative ways, but this meeting with terra firma surpassed all the others in its intensity and unexpected violence. I hit hard, twice, and just before I blacked out, I saw a beautiful white birch, just dressing itself for autumn, coming at me like a like a pissed-off bull. Then, ...nothing.

Dead. That was it. I was dead and had myself the most beautiful, dark-eyed angel crying over me. I could hear Willie crooning about "Seven Spanish Angels" in the honkey-tonk part of my cerebral cortex, and I realized it was true, except I got all seven in one perfect angel package. My foggy brain began to clear, and I realized that it was my precious wife, Danielle, and she was cradling me in her lap. Her helmet was off and her beautiful brown eyes brimmed with tears which rolled down her alabaster skin in wet trails, with one landing on my tongue, and I thought it tasted like nectar of the goddess. Her beautiful, strong hands caressed my face and hair lovingly. I could smell the faint aroma of glove leather on her fingers as she wiped one of her tears from my cheek lip. The aroma of horse, woman, leather and meadow worked on my foggy brain like exotic smelling salts. I thought to myself, Falling off a damn horse could be habit-forming!

"I am so, so sorry, Paul." She sobbed. "This is all my fault!"

I carefully pulled my gloves off and touched her cheeks, brushing away the warm tears. "No, darling. It was my big mouth." I smiled painfully. "My mouth wrote some checks that my ass couldn't cover..."

"Stop it! I chided you to do things that I knew you could not do."

"Dani. Dear. I knew that I couldn't ride English-style when I climbed on that mare. But my fool pride wouldn't let me ask for your help. I mean, you're famous for riding and jumping..."

"I'll teach you Paul. You are a natural with a horse, and you'll be magnificent once you learn all the little nuances. And I'll have you jumping, too." Her eyes were shining, and the last vestiges of tears made her incredible, dark orbs sparkle like polished obsidian. Oh, but could her eyes speak more warmth and love in one second than anyone else could with a week to compose and practice.

"Okay, precious. And I'll be smart enough to listen." I started to get up and winced.

Concerned, Danielle asked, "Are you okay Paul? Do you need a doctor?"

"I'm fine. Really. My ribs are a bit sore on the right side." They actually hurt like hell and were probably bruised if not cracked. But macho and the male ego do not go gently into the gentle night of humility. Like they always said out in cattle country, it's just time to 'Cowboy up!' and move on with it.

Somberly, she said, "You almost hit that tree."

"Yeah." I pointed towards a crushed bush next to the birch. "Guess that bush kept me from hitting it." A chill went through me as I realized what a close thing it'd been. "That poor lil' tree might've got hurt!" I added, with a jocularity I didn't particularly feel.

"Let's walk," Danielle said as she tied her helmet and crop to Black Diamond's saddle. "You feel up to it?"

"I think I'm a whole lot better at walkin' right now." We both smiled at that.

We walked hand-in-hand leading our horses. The valley was verdant and green with the slopes on either side covered in trees whose leaves were just beginning to turn to their autumn shades. Behind us, dark, blue-grey clouds almost covered the sky with only an occasional hint of brilliant blue showing through. That cool, aromatic breeze rustled the leaves, causing them to shimmer in the fleeing sunlight, and the breeze caressed us with fingers of velvet. The smell of rain and ozone rode the freshening breeze. Despite my pain, I was in heaven.

For the next half hour, we walked and chatted. There were long moments of silence that with anyone else would have been awkward, but then that is the beauty of Danielle. She and I communicate even when we are silent. Just being close and in contact is as meaningful as any conversation. We knew we were soul mates almost as long as we'd known each other.

"You like Vermont?" she asked with a smile, knowing the answer.

"It's perfect. All green and alive."

"Daddy says it gets its name from the French words for 'green mountain' or something like that. How about Texas. Where does it get its name from?"

I laughed because the origin of Texas' name is as different from that of Vermont as the two places themselves are different. "From the Tejas Indians. Their name meant 'friendly'. They were so friendly that they let the Spaniards and Mexicans and the white man kill them all."

"How terrible." Danielle gave me a sad look and stepped into my arms. We dropped the reins and embraced. Danielle, always caring and considerate, was careful with my ribs.

She looked up at me and said softly, "But you're friendly. And that's all that matters."

My arms encircled her and the ensuing kiss was deep and filled with passion. Danielle's warm, wet mouth opened provocatively as she drew me within her. I cupped her beautiful buttocks and pulled her tightly against me. Her hands gripped my ass as well, and their feel surprised me. The English riding pants that I wore were thin and much tighter than my usual riding attire, and I could feel Danielle's long-nailed fingers as they gripped and kneaded me. We pushed our loins tightly together.

When we broke the kiss, I was surprised to find that it was beginning to rain. Big, cold droplets pounded us.

"Quick, let's get the horses and head for the trees," I said.

"No, darling. There's an old barn and a shack just up the valley." She was staring intently. Then, she grabbed me and pointed, "There! See it. Almost in that copse of trees, there to the right. We can make it!"

Unfazed by the rain, the horses were grazing on the tall grass and drinking from a small brook. We grabbed them and mounted quickly. In my case, gingerly was more like it.

Like the good horsewoman that she was, Danielle buckled on her helmet as she began to move Black Diamond using only her legs to command him. I followed, the mare docile and compliant.

Looking back, Danielle said seriously, "Be careful. Please."

"Okay, darling." I felt foolish but was touched by her sincerity.

Riding at an easy trot, it took about two minutes to reach the old barn and shack. In that two minutes, though, the heavens opened and the rain fell in cold, blinding sheets. The barn looked ancient, but the tin roof seemed sound. The shack next to it had almost collapsed. I slid from the saddle and wrestled one of the old barn doors open with some effort. Inside was musty and dank but well-lighted by two big windows on one side which were amazingly still glazed.

Quickly dismounting, Danielle led Black Diamond inside, and I followed with Sofia.

We were both soaked. "I guess this place was farther than I thought," Danielle said as she pulled her sodden turtleneck away from her skin. "I am freezing, now."

"In this rain, we'd have been soaked in any case. It's raining sideways, honey." My eye caught a jeep parked in the corner. "Look at that. Whose is it?"

"Danielle laughed, "It's daddy's hunting jeep. He keeps it here because it's convenient to where he likes to hunt." Her face lit up. "I have an idea."

She crossed the room quickly and climbed in the passenger side door. "Quick, open the back! We're in luck."

I dropped the tailgate and flipped the back-flap onto the canvas top. Inside was a big box that covered most of the rear bed of the jeep. Danielle was dialing the combination lock.

"You think you're a safecracker little lady?"

"I know my father. It's one of those set your own combination locks." She smiled at me in the cool light, "Betcha a kiss it's my birthdate!"

In a few seconds she tossed me the lock and leaned forward. "I'm here to collect on my bet, Paul," she said sexily. We kissed for a few moments, and I could feel her teeth chattering. She continued, "And inside... blankets and camp gear! Quick, let's take care of the horses and then get out of these damn, wet clothes."

In a few minutes we had unsaddled the horses and put them into two of the four stalls in the back of the barn. Then, from the jeep we pulled out a pair of sleeping bags and two cots, which we quickly set up a few feet from the open door. The last things in the box were some wool blankets.

I quickly spread a blanket on the ground for us to stand on, and we began to get rid of the wet clothes. Danielle immediately peeled off her turtleneck and slipped out of her riding bra. Her nipples were dark red and hard from the cold. We had to help each other with our boots, but soon we were completely naked and huddled together, spoon style, in a sleeping bag.

Danielle's hair, braided at the neck, was wet and sweet smelling. I nibbled at her neck and pushed my swelling cock against her buttocks.

"Ummm, I see that you are recovering from the chill." She reached back to caress me with her long fingers.

"No chill can overcome what you do to me, Dani."

My hands found her nipples and I pinched them just the way that she likes. Danielle turned her head, and I rose up on my elbow. Our lips met in an open-mouthed, fiery kiss. Without breaking the kiss, she pulled me atop her and eased my cock into her warm, already wet, sex.

I cradled her head, and said, "I see that I wasn't the only one who gets excited on rainy days!"

"Oh, Paul, I have been wet for you since you said 'good morning, hooooooney' to me." She loved my west Texas accent. "I do love you so!"

"I love you too, hooooooney!" I replied. Danielle replied with her expressive eyes.

Then, in the cramped sleeping bag, Danielle wrapped her legs around mine, but I knew that she wanted them around my waist. Our lovemaking was fueled by an aching desire that had built over the last five days she'd been with her mother at a business seminar, where they'd bought a new computer and IT system for their family-owned corporation. Me and my father-in-law had come to their "summer place" up here in Vermont from their estate in Connecticut, and we'd spent a great week bonding and getting to know each other better.

Quickly, the heat built up in the winter-weight sleeping bag, and I stopped to open it up.

"How are your ribs, Paul?"

"Okay."

"You are in pain, aren't you?"

"A little, but it hasn't affected me, has it?" I looked down with a smile.

"Listen. I have an idea. Get on your back, darling."

"Dani, that's not necess..."

She smothered me with one of her that's-the-last-word kisses as she somewhat painfully rolled me onto my back.

Laughing, Danielle mounted me and slipped my cock back inside her. "Now for some English riding lessons, Mister!" she said huskily.

She moved her hips in a smooth, languid manner. "This is a walk. The rider has to stay in the saddle. Got that cowboy?"

I smiled up at her. "Uh-huh."

She raked my chest with her long nails. "What was that, mister?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Better." She continued her movements as she gripped me tightly in her velvet wetness. "English riding does incredible things to a woman's body. She has to learn to hang on with her legs. She has to control that wild thing thundering between her thighs with just her legs, the reins and her wits. If it develops an attitude, she crops it." She took a deep breath and continued to move. "She has to learn to flow with the horse and to move at the hips." Danielle's body shuddered as a mild orgasm rippled through her. "No fucking cowgirl ever did this, did she?"

I shook my head. "No ma'am." I was fascinated by this side of my wife.

"Next, we trot. You'll have to trot with me, Paul." I began moving my hips. "This is a posting trot and is essential to good riding." Danielle rose up on her knees and met my movements precisely in the slightly upward and forward motion of a posting trot. "Ummmm... some women can actually come from the contact that they make with the saddle while posting."

Her breasts moved to our rhythm and I wanted desperately to caress them, but I knew that this was her moment.

She smiled "Oh, Paul, don't change leads on me, now." Danielle bit her bottom lip as another orgasm rolled through her. She leaned forward and kissed me warmly. "I love you Paul."

"I love you too, Dani."

Sitting up again, Danielle, said lustily, "Next, we have the canter." She placed her feet flat against the cot and gripped me with her strong thighs. "The rider has to use her seat to canter. She sits down into the horse more and moves with it. She moves her hips to stay with him." Danielle collapsed onto my chest as she had another orgasm. Rising, Danielle continued her flowing movements. "The rider has to become one with the horse and has to..." She cried out as she had another, larger orgasm.

"Then...then... we have the..."

"Gallop."

"Yes, we have the gallop." Our hips were moving furiously. "The rider has to sit back so that she won't lose her balance, but she has to be balanced over her feet. The horse is moving furiously under her and she has to..." Danielle collapsed against me as she came loudly again. Despite the chill, her pretty face was sheened with sweat.

"Oh, Paul," she said breathlessly. "Lessons are over. Just fuck me."

She rolled onto her back and gently moved me between her legs. Those long, strong legs then gripped my waist and pulled me deeply into her. Her calves, thighs and sweet sex became a velvet prison from which there was but one release. The dull aches from my fall were a heady reminder of the delicate, yet powerful, woman to whom I was married.

After several more orgasms, Danielle kissed me tenderly. "I am just about spent love. I want you to come now."

With that, I let myself go, and in just a few minutes I came in a blinding orgasm with my mouth on Danielle's lovely lips. Her mouth captured my cries and kissed me back tenderly as my orgasm subsided. We lay joined for a few minutes, and my last recollection before I fell asleep was of Danielle kissing my cheeks and throat.

We drifted into a peaceful sleep, and when we awoke, it was well past dark, and the rain had stopped. The stars were out, and a three-quarter moon was climbing over the nearest ridgeline. By the light of a flashlight that we'd found in the jeep, we dressed in our wet clothes, wrapped some dry blankets around us and led the horses outside. Instead of riding back, we decided it would be safer to lead them back, so we left the saddles and other gear in the barn. Besides, we'd have to come back and clean up the mess we'd made with the cots and sleeping bags. The hour and a half walk was truly pleasurable even though hunger pangs gnawed at us fiercely.

That was a few years ago. My riding lessons that we began on that day have paid off. I now ride as well English-style as I do Western. I can even jump...some. But oh, my Danielle! She is a nationally-ranked jumper and is a top-notch competitor in the only sport where men and women compete on an even footing. If anything, she is even more spectacular to watch as she and Diamond Jim, Black Diamond's son, soar through the air, as one. As I watch the love of my life soar, I soar with her on the fragile, yet eternal, gossamer wings of pure, unconditional love.

And after she's ridden well, she always rides me well.