The "One Night in XXX" Story Event - Coming Soon

Story Info
Open to all: a city-themed story event!
906 words
38.8k
10

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 11/29/2022
Created 04/17/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,156 Followers

From the organizer of The "In a Sunburned Country" Story Event comes an exciting new story event:

"One Night in XXX" Story Event



Here's more from organizer ChloeTzang:
Okay, it was a Sunday morning a couple weeks ago and my coffee was hot and I was thinking confused thoughts on maybe organizing another Literotica story event this year. They're fun for the writers as well as all the readers here and they're kind of "outside the box" of what most of us usually write. The 750 word story even we just had was a lot of fun and okay, I had a little rush of blood to the head and thought, hey…

…how about a Story Event based on "One Night in XXX" – where XXX is the city or town of your choice, real or fictional, but if it's fictional it has to exist in a movie or a book or comic somewhere. Eg. "One Night in Paris." "One Night in Berlin." "One Night in Arrakis." "One Night in Gotham City." So I asked a few other authors on Literotica and there was a lot of interest and a few people (including me) have already started writing for this one before it was even confirmed and a couple have even finished already (you over-achievers!)

Here are the entries so far (as of Friday Feb 16th):

"One Night In Baton Rouge" by yukonnights
"One Night In Detroit" by MelissaBaby
"One Night In Poughkeepsie" by SolarRay
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb_Carter
"One Night in Bilbala" by RubenR (a bedbug infested, flea and rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Dzamin Ude (subtitled, "One Night on a Slow Moving Train") by ElectricBlue66
"One Night in Faro" by gordo12
"One Night in Gormaz" by NotWise
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One Night in Houston" (or something like that) by RetroFan
"One Night in Los Diablos" by UnityMitford
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom
"One Night in Paris" by YDB95
"One Night in Prague" by AmoryParks
"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in San Francisco" by KeithD
"One Night in Shelbyville, Indiana" by JBEdwards
"One Night in Singapore" by JugheadJane
"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code
"One Night in Toronto" by TANSTAAFL58
"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in the Bronx" by gunhilltrain
"One Night on Arrakis" by Voboy (Authorized exception to "in")

So, without further ado, are you interested in writing a story for the "One Night in XXX" Literotica Story Event?

This isn't a "by invitation only" event. This isn't a competition. There's no placing. There's no prizes. This is for the sheer joy of writing alongside a bunch of other Literotica writers. This is for anyone on Literotica who would like to try it out.

You don't have to have written anything before to write for this event. First time writers and veteran Literoticans alike are all invited and encouraged to participate.

The Rules are actually really simple (please read them all to make sure your story is included in the event!):

  1. ► The story title has to be "One Night in XXX" where XXX is a city or town.

  2. ► The city or town can be real or fictional, but if it's fictional it has to be in an existing published book or movie.

  3. ► The whole story, start to finish, has to take place over one night (if you want to clarify that or any other rule, feel free to ask over to the "One Night in XXX" Story Event: Official Support Thread).

  4. Any subject, any category, any length you like (so long as it follows Lit submission guidelines, of course!).

  5. ► Author must copy and paste the phrase "One Night in XXX Story Event" in the "Notes" field of the submission. We recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos.

  6. ► Please us "One Night in XXX" as a story tag.

  7. ► All entries to be submitted by 11:59pm, Sunday April 21st - with a Go Live Date of Tuesday April 23rd. You can submit any time between April 14th and April 21st. All stories will be posted on Tuesday April 23rd.

That's it.

So what are you waiting for?! Visit the "One Night in XXX" Story Event: Official Support Thread for full rules, submission info, and of course support from your fellow authors.


If you've got an idea for a themed writers event, feel free to contact us anytime!

From all at Literotica a big thank-you to the readers who have supported the site and the writers by way of views, votes and comments.

We at Literotica extend a big thank-you to ChloeTzang for the above text - for arranging this very special day and a another big thank-you to all participating authors!

So mark Tuesday, April 23rd on your calendar, and enjoy One Night in XXX!

Literotica
Literotica
2,156 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thai..

BANGKOK

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Invitation or Not

Please get off this kick. You're not going to change anything. When you have a party, do you just open the front door and let whoever wants to walk into your house? No? Then quit-yer-bitchin'!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Thank you ChloeTzang for having this as an open for all event. I don't write, wish I could, but having events like this limited to certain writers by another of these organisers (hers are always by invite only) is wrong.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
One Night in Brighton

I have written mine as a crime noir in three days, and all the action is during the 13 hours between about 1700 and about 0605, all in the dark of November, but there is a short epilogue to round off the story about 18 months later. Does that still count? Otherwise I'll just put it through as another story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
This sounds like it will be fun for a lot of writers and their fans.

Chloe is working to inspire writers to stay productive and that's a good thing. There should be something for everyone in this open invitational. These events are always fun. I will be posting in one on St. Patrick's Day, I hope there will be a promo for that someplace where it can be seen.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

When a Man Loves a Woman - The Stories What will a man do for the woman he loves?in Loving Wives
Highway Song - The Stories An event celebrating the mysteries of the open roads.in Loving Wives
Sharing is Caring - A Literotica Special Event Enjoy these sharing-themed tales from your favorite authors!in Loving Wives
Goin' Fishin' A little romance about rediscovering love.in Romance
The End of the Affair - The Stories What happens when the affair ends? Read the stories & find out!in Loving Wives
More Stories