Bob, Carol and Harlina

Story Info
A young man's journey.
4.8k words
4.22
26k
33
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was only eleven years old when the events took place that sent me eight years later on the scariest time of my life.

On December 7th, 1941 the Empire of Japan attacked the United States of America and propelled us into World War Two. Six days later my father enlisted in the United States Army and he served out the war as a member of the 82nd Airborne.

When he got home from the wars he was reluctant to talk about his experiences, but as a young guy I wanted to know all about his exciting adventures and eventually I got him to talk and I found what he had to say fascinating. The more I heard the more I wondered if I had what it took to do what he had done.

Did I have the nerve to "Stand up, hook up, sound off for equipment check" and then shuffle up to the open door and then push myself out into the open sky?

When I graduated high school college was not in my future. Even though I'd done well in school and my grades were better than good I didn't like sitting in class and my last two years of high school were a pain.

In the back of my mind the question of "Could I do what my father did" lurked and when I left school it came roaring to the front of my mind and I joined the Army and went Airborne. As a result I found myself at Camp Chickamauga in Beppo, Japan as a member of the 187th Airborne Infantry Regiment.

A couple of days after I arrived I met Harry Short and while talking I found out he was from Ann Arbor, Michigan and I told him we were neighbors in that I was from Ypsilanti which was only twenty-eight miles away. Then he told me his wife was from Ypsi and maybe I might know her. He told me her name and I said it sounded familiar. He showed me her picture and it turned out I did recognize her. Carol Meis had been two classes in front of me at Ypsilanti High School. I'd never met her or spoken to her, but I knew who she was.

He told me they had gotten married on his last leave and he was looking forward to going home to her when his enlistment was up in nine months. Lucky guy I thought. Carol was one of those girls who you saw as you moved through life that you wished you could know. You know what I mean. Like seeing Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable or Paulette Goddard at the movies and wished you were with them.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On June 27th, 1950 North Korea invaded South Korea and President Truman decided to step in. The 187th was paired up with the 674th Field Artillery Battalion to form the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team and placed on a war footing.

On the 23rd of September we were moved to Kimpo airfield in Korea and on October 20th we made a successful parachute assault near the towns of Sunchon and Sukchow about thirty miles north of Pyongyang. The aim of the drop was to try and capture members of the North Korean government fleeing Pyongyang, but unfortunately we were not successful in that.

We saw heavy fighting over the next five months at Suan, Inye and Wonju and in February of 1951 we were pulled out of the line and sent to the rear to refit and rearm.

Harry was getting anxious. He only had a short time before his enlistment was up and he jokingly, at least I thought it was jokingly, asked me to accidentally shoot him in the fleshy part of his leg so he could be sent to the hospital and shipped home. Later I wished I'd done it.

We were brought up to strength and moved to K-2 airfield and placed on alert. On Good Friday, March 23rd we made a parachute assault on Musan-ni to cut off North Koreans who were retreating from the fighting around the Pusan Perimeter. The fighting was fierce and I'll never forget the day. It was March26th. Harry took a round and as I screamed for a medic and tried to staunch the blood flow Harry gasped:

"Tell Carol I love her and my last thoughts were of her."

And then he was gone.

I had no time to grieve. Artillery was falling on us and the enemy were fanatical in their attempts to get by us. My war ended two days later when I was hit in the left leg. I was moved to the 8067 MASH (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) where I was told the bone damage was severe enough that my days as a combat soldier were over.

I was moved to the 8167th Army Hospital in Japan where what I was told at the 8067th was confirmed. I didn't lose the leg, but I would walk with a limp for the rest of my life. The Army didn't want a cripple as a clerk or even working in supply so I was given a medical discharge and sent home.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a sunny August afternoon when I knocked on the door of 411Campbell in Ypsilanti. I'd called ahead so I was expected, but I didn't know what to expect when I got there.

The door opened and Carol Short said "Mr. Dalton. Please come in. The living room or coffee at the kitchen table?"

"Coffee sounds good."

Coffee in front of us she said "Sorry for my appearance, but I wasn't expecting company today."

"Nothing wrong with your appearance Mrs. Short. I don't believe I've ever seen you looking bad."

She cocked her head and gave me a quizzical look before saying "Should I know you?"

"Not really. You may have seen me around a time or two. I was two years behind you in school."

"Then you must have known my cousin. Rachel Miller?"

"I dated her a couple of times."

That broke the ice and we proceeded to talk about who we had known in school and what happened to them and where they were now. I found out that Rachel had married Billy Holbrook, another of my old classmates.

Then I led us into the purpose of my visit. I described meeting Harry and the friendship that developed. And then the hard part. Of how Harry had died and his last words to me. On hearing that she broke down and started sobbing. I moved my chair next to hers and then held her as best I could with us both sitting down side by side.

She finally stopped sobbing and apologized for breaking down in front of me.

"I thought I has put my grief behind me."

Then she surprised me.

"Tell me more about never seeing me looking bad."

In an effort to brighten her spirits I told her of the effect she had on me at the time. She surprised me when she said:

"So what you are saying is that you wouldn't be ashamed of being seen in public with me on your arm?"

"Not at all."

"Good. Then you can take me out to dinner tonight."

I didn't have any other plans for the day other than calling on Carol and I've already mentioned the effect she had on me in high school so I just asked:

"What time should I be back to pick you up?"

"No need for you to even leave. It's already five. Give me twenty minutes to change and we can go."

The daily paper was on the coffee table so I picked it up and started looking through it while I waited for Carol to get ready. I wasn't really paying all that much attention to what I reading. Mostly I was wondering why Carol had done what she did. We didn't know each other. Our only connection was my knowing Harry and that we both went to the same high school together at the same time even though we were two years apart. But what the hey! I remembered how I wished it had been me she was holding hands with at the football games out on the island instead of the guy she was with.

All those thoughts were driven from my mind when Carol came back into the room. If she could make herself look that great in twenty minutes I wondered what she would look like if she took an hour to get ready.

"Ready" she asked me.

"I am" I said as I put the paper down.

In the car on the way to the restaurant Carol said "I guess you are wondering about this."

"It has crossed my mind."

"I needed to get out of the house. Except for work I've been pretty much a recluse since I got the word about Harry. I've been asked out at least a dozen times, but I've always said no. I knew what they wanted. I knew what they were thinking. Married woman used to getting it. Hasn't gotten it for a while. Got to be craving it."

"I'm sure you are wrong. Maybe one or two are assholes, but I'll bet a lot of them just wanted to get to know you better. Granted, they would be hoping for a relationship that would lead to what the assholes were looking for, but those guys would be ring shopping in their minds."

"Which one would you be?"

"I'm a ring shopper kind of guy."

We made more small talk until we got to the restaurant and after we were seated and had ordered Carol asked me:

"What kind of girl would make you go looking for a ring?"

"Intelligent, fun loving, good looking and bat shit crazy over me."

"Good looking covers a lot of ground. Blond? Brunette? Redhead? Short? Tall? Skinny or buxom? Can you describe her?"

I didn't know why she was asking the questions, but I decided to have some fun with her."

"Rather than wasting time going over it item by item I'll take the easy way out. When you get home just look in the mirror."

"Me?"

"Don't act so surprised Mrs. Short."

"I told you its Carol, okay?"

"Okay Carol; you must have figured out from my never having seen you looking bad comment that I must have liked what I saw. And the word "Never" had to have told you I looked at you a lot."

"How did we get on this subject?"

Guessing I'd better change the subject I asked "How has the school football team done since I've been gone?"

"The Ypsi Braves? I have to confess I haven't paid any attention to them since leaving school."

Just then our food arrived and while we did talk during the meal it was mostly about the restaurant, the menu choices and the like.

On the drive taking her home she asked about what I was doing now that I discharged. I told her I'd gotten on at the Ford plant and was staying with my parents until I had saved up enough to get an apartment.

"And then what?"

"Find me someone who can put up with me. I've dated one or two since I've been back, but for some reason the limp puts them off. I get the impression they think it makes me less of a man."

"That seems a bit narrow minded."

"As I said, that's the impression I get. Doesn't mean that is what they are really thinking. Maybe it is that I can't dance well enough for them. Doesn't matter. It's mine for life and I need to live with it."

By then I had her home and when I walked her to the door she turned, kissed me on the cheek and said:

"I enjoyed it. Let's do it again. Call me" and she walked into the house.

One more surprise on top of the other surprises of the day. The girl I'd lusted for during high school asking me to call her? I had a huge smile on my face as I walked back to my car.

I did call and we had dinner a couple of times and I always got a kiss on the cheek and a "Call me" at the end of the date. On our seventh date I received a kiss on the lips and two dates later we were making out in my car like a couple of teenagers.

I didn't get a "Call me" at the end of our tenth date, but by then I really didn't think I needed one. On a Thursday I called and asked what she would like to do Friday and she told me she would be busy so I asked how about Saturday and she told me she already had plans.

"Sunday?"

"I'm sorry Bob, but the truth is I just don't want to see you anymore."

"Oh. Well, okay. Goodbye."

As I hung up I wondered what I'd done wrong. And then I wondered why was I assigning the blame to me? Tuesday we fogged up the windows of my car making out and two days later she doesn't want to see me anymore? So it must have been something I'd done. Well, there wasn't anything I could do about it so I just concentrated on the other things going on in my life.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'd been living with my parents since coming home and I was saving the money I got working at the Ford plant and I finally had enough to get an apartment and move in. My entertainment for the most part was the movies. Between the Martha Washington and the Werth on Michigan Avenue I must have seen ten movies a week.

I saw Carol around, but I avoided her. I was dying to know what I'd done wrong, but there wasn't any way I was going to go up to her and ask her.

I was out having lunch one Saturday when Harlina Collins sat down at the table across from me and said:

"Hello stranger. When did you get back?"

"About five months ago."

"Where have you been hiding? Back five months and I haven't seen you around?"

"Been staying with my parents and staying close to home saving up money so I can get an apartment. That and the fact that since I went from graduation to the Army I never learned anything about the local night life."

"For a start, since you are a veteran, you can join the VFW and they have dances every Saturday night."

"Might not be much of a dancer. I have a leg wound that left me with a limp."

"Shouldn't bother you in a waltz."

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I'll go over there Monday and see about signing up."

"Well, it is Saturday so there is a dance tonight and I'm right here for the asking."

"I'm not a member yet."

"Don't need to be. The dance is open to the public. Members are free; general public has to pay a cover charge. So? Want to go?"

I had a good time. Turned out I could handle all the slow ones just fine.

The band had taken a break and Lina and I were sitting at a table and talking when Bill Martin came up to our table. Bill was a friend of my dad's and Bill worked at the Ford plant with me. He said hello and asked if I was thinking of joining and I told him I was thinking of it. He told me he was one of the post officers and we would talk more on it at work on Monday. He told us to have a good time and as he walked away Lina laughed and said:

"I didn't know you had friends in high places."

"I didn't know it either. I just knew he was a friend of my dad's and we both worked at the same place."

"So there is a really good chance that by this time next week you will be a member and we can come here and celebrate."

"Maybe."

We left at closing and I drove her back to her apartment and then walked her to her door. I told her I'd had a great time and was looking forward to next Saturday. Then she surprised me by saying "The night isn't over yet Bobby" and she took my hand and pulled me into her apartment.

Maybe pulled isn't the right word for it. Pulled implies there is some resistance offered by the item being pulled and I was not resisting. Not even a little. I was remembering the hot sessions we'd had in my dad's 1941 Ford four door sedan. Lina and I had both lost our cherries on the back seat of that car.

I'd caught hell from my dad over the blood spots on the seat although I think there was a bit of "That's my boy" in his eyes as he was ranting. It wasn't a first and only time for me and Lina. We'd done it maybe a half dozen more times before we broke up over something so important that I couldn't even remember it.

One thing I found out that night was that Lina was definitely more experienced than I was. Outside of Harlina my experience was limited to one whore in Japan and one in Korea. The one in Korea will remain in my memory for a long time. She gave me the clap. Thank God for penicillin.

It was a night of firsts for me. My first blow job. First time doing it doggie. And my first-time eating pussy. It started with Lina pushing me down on her couch and then kneeling in front of me and reaching for my zipper.

How do you describe your first blow job? I don't think there are words that can really convey the experience. I laid back and enjoyed it. Being a novice I naturally expected she would stop when I was ready to shoot and when I was ready to lose it I tried to pull out, but she wouldn't let me.

"But I'm gonna shoot" I moaned, but she ignored me and I couldn't stop it. I expected her to jerk her mouth off me, spit, sputter and then to start calling me names, but she didn't. She swallowed! She actually swallowed my cum. When she finally did pull her mouth off me licked me clean and said:

"Now that we've gotten the quick one out of the way ley's take this to the bedroom."

Once there and naked she got on the bed and spread her legs as she said "Now it's your turn."

"My turn?"

"Of course. I sucked yours so now it is your turn to suck mine."

I stood there looking at her and then it finally dawned on me. She wanted me to eat her pussy! She was looking at me expectantly and I finally bit the bullet and said:

"I've never done it. I don't know how."

She laughed and said "Little Miss Lina is just the right person to teach you how."

And she did and she taught me well enough that I got her off twice. Then she led me through a whole bunch of things I'd never done before. Doggie, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl and anal. Oh my God was that ever tight! And she loved it. Wanted more and I was happy to see that she got it. She said my cock was just the right size for anal fucking.

Lina woke me with a blow job in the morning and when she saw I was awake she swung over me and guided me into her. One thing that I had learned that night was that I couldn't get off in cowgirl. I get right to the edge and just hang there. When that happens I have to roll her over onto her back and then drive to get off. Lina didn't seem to mind. When we finished she got up and said she would fix us breakfast and I told her the least I could to pay her for my sexual education was take her out for breakfast.

We were talking over pancakes and bacon when I saw Carol come in with some guy. She saw us and sent a nasty look our way and I wondered what was up with that? When we finished eating Harlina asked me if I had any plans for the day and when I told her no she asked:

"Want to go back to my place and play some more?"

"Silly question, but what makes you think I have anything left in the tank after what you put me through last night?"

"I have my ways."

And she did. She got two more out of me before I could no longer answer the call. She asked me to stay for dinner and as we sat down to eat Lina asked:

"Have you enjoyed our time together?"

"You have doubts?"

"I don't take things for granted. Would you like to continue the relationship?"

"I'd love to."

"Are you open minded?"

"I guess I've never really thought about it. Why?"

"Just curious. Would you make love to a married woman?"

"Probably not. Not knowingly anyway. Why are you asking me these questions?"

"Because I want to keep doing what we did last night and I'm married."

"I'm not understanding here."

"I'm married and I want to keep fucking you. Plain enough?"

I started grabbing my clothes while muttering to myself "Just fucking great I survived Korea just to be killed by an irate husband,"

She was grabbing at me as she was saying "He knows. He knows and he is okay with it."

I was trying to get dressed and she was trying to stop me.

"Will you please listen to me? Please Bob; hear me out."

I slowed down and she said "Dan works on oil rigs. He is gone for two months and then home for a month before going back out for two more. When he took the job against my wishes I told him there wasn't any way I was going to go two months without sex. I told him if he took the job I would divorce him so I would be free to look for someone else.

"Long story short he agreed to let me have lovers while he was gone as long as there was no emotional involvement. I'm tired of picking up losers and assholes. When I saw you at the restaurant I decided you would be perfect for me. I already knew from what we did in high school that we were friends, but weren't in love. Think about it. Two months of what happened last night with no strings attached. The down side is thirty days without while Dan is home and then two more months of what you got last night when he leaves again."

If true, I thought to myself, that wouldn't be a bad idea.

"How long before he comes home again?"

"Five weeks."

12