Bittersweet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As he approached, she held up her left hand with her palm facing away. He saw that she wasn't wearing any rings and nodded.

"You're not cheering." She stated.

"You showed me you're not married. You didn't say I won." That evoked a grin from her. "Did I win?" He asked.

She licked her lips in thought. "...There's something I need to know."

"Anything."

"Why me?" She asked. He blew out his lips. He wasn't expecting that question. She laughed. "It doesn't have to be a good reason." She laughed and shook her head. "I..." She nodded as she said, "I just need to know what it was."

He nodded. "My mom died when I was little."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "It's alright... My dad was an alcoholic. Not a mean one, just absent a lot. You know?" She nodded. "So... When I saw you. A smart, beautiful, capable mother..?" He shook his head in thought. "You were everything I ever wanted."

She looked as if she didn't know what to say to that.

"What about you? Why me?" He asked.

She laughed. "Uhhhhh." She shook her head. "I have no idea."

He smiled and pulled her into a hug before kissing her temple. After a few minutes he asked, "Are you happy?"

She sighed. "Hold me a little longer and I'll let you know."

[End]