A Centaur's Love 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh." She flushed, putting her hand in his. She threw her leg over, trying to ignore her nakedness, and jumped back to the ground. She stumbled slightly, but he caught a hold of her hand, keeping her upright. She murmured her thanks and quickly retrieved the discarded fur that still sat on the ground of the clearing.

"How long was I out?" she questioned, wrapping herself tightly in the fur.

He shrugged. "Just over an hour and a half."

"Oh." She grimaced. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you." Literally.

He chuckled and shrugged again, turning to lay by the fire and get it going once more. "You caused me no issue," he replied truthfully.

"Alright," she said, sitting beside him. "What do you do out there, anyway?" she questioned, eyes wide with interest.

His gaze flickered to hers, then went back to focusing on tending to the fire. "I just make sure the wolves keep their distance from the herds, as well as humans, among other things," he answered with a shrug.

"By yourself?" She questioned, shifting on her knees so that she was facing him, to which his only reply was a stiff nod.

"But doesn't it get- I don't know, a bit lonely? How long have you been out here?" She chewed her bottom lip, hoping she wasn't venturing into sensitive territory.

He was silent for a moment, but his expression lay unchanged. "A few years, with short breaks in between."

She let out a gasp. "What?!" her voice squeaked. "Years? But why?" She would go mad if she had to spend all her time alone in the woods! Surely, he didn't do this by choice?

"It's necessary to keep the herd safe," he replied simply, poking the small flames of the revitalized fire.

Lena's brow furrowed. "But why you? Shouldn't you all, I don't know, relieve each other every so often? Even the men at home can't stand guarding the wall all day," she argued.

"I volunteered. And I go back every few months for a week or so. I enjoy the solitude."

She frowned, feeling a slight sting to her chest at the latter part of his sentence. She didn't think he meant any offense, but still... She got the feeling he wasn't letting on to everything. Something was off. Sure, he was an arrogant centaur, but she was starting to get the sense that there was something else beneath the surface.

12